I remember a time when I had been to just a handful of states…. growing up in Memphis, it was easy to get to Mississippi and Arkansas for weekend camping trips or something. And we did a big trip to Miami as a kid so we checked off several more with great gusto. Seeing all […]
The question in the title of this post — How did you work before email? — is something that I was asked a few months ago. And the person asking it was genuinely confused by how communications work was done without email and all the digital tools we use on a daily basis. The honest […]
This week as Paris has been on the minds of so many, I have to admit my mind kept shifting to a city many miles away. It was referenced routinely as world leaders would be gathering for the G-20 summit. The city is Antalya, Turkey. The fact that the attacks in Paris happened to be […]
Growing up in Memphis, there are always Elvis stories going around. The stores and movie theaters he’d patronize, the fact that he gave some stranger a care, etc. My mom and uncle were at Humes High School at the same time Elvis was. And my favorite pizzeria had paintings of him all over. I never […]
One of the clearest memories from childhood was having lots of things to do creatively. And while there were various handicrafts at different times, one that we frequently had on-going was painting on fabric. It was something called Tri-Chem (I am shocked to find out the company appears to still be around!). We would work on […]
Georgia was the first niece to turn 16, so she was the first to take her 16th birthday trip with me. It has been a long time ago…. both of us are a lot older! At 16, able to choose where we go for a full week and what we do… that was a big responsibility. […]
This time of year as fall leaves crunch under our feet and we have cool mornings and warm afternoons, I’m reminded of a short visit I made to China and the tiny bit of nature I caught when a friend and I left the city to see the Great Wall of China. The landmark is […]
Earlier this week I mentioned that my dad got a Nash Rambler when I was in junior high school, well throughout my life, dad listened to country music on AM radio. While I always liked folk, bluegrass and Americana, old school country like my dad liked… that wasn’t anything teenagers listened to in my world. […]
This memory isn’t from too long ago, but it is really memorable and it is connected to a memory from a long time ago…. I have shifted back and forth on whether to do this chronologically or based on the title. I think I’m going with the calendar. You’ll find out why I’d be called […]
Growing up in the 70s-80s, puka shell necklaces were all the rage. There were shows that made all of us think about the islands — the original Hawaii Five 0 was on and Magnum P.I. cranked it up in pop culture circles. I can remember it so clearly, in part, because the necklaces always seemed […]
I like to think that all children go through the time when they are embarrassed by their parents. Or they want distance that doesn’t jive with a parent’s thoughts. It isn’t necessarily anything that would make me proud, but I can admit I went there. And I have one crystal clear memory of this…. yes, […]
The Taj Mahal. Just the words create a sense of wonder for most of us. Having gone to the Taj several years ago, I was in awe of the size but I have to say it is the intricacy in that powerful structure that continues to impress. Here’s a quick flip-through Taj Mahal photos below. […]
When I said a week ago that I’d do a series of posts about my memories and stories, I asked if people had something they thought needed to be shared. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but up came a nudge from my cousin Lisa. Growing up, Lisa was my closest cousin even though at […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- My 50th Birthday was So Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO November 24, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- When Seeing All 50 States Sounded Out of Reach November 22, 2015
- A Heart-Stopping Midnight Visit to Denny’s November 21, 2015
- How did you work before e-mail? The Pre-Internet Office November 20, 2015
- Janice Person: Thanks Kim. I have to say the full video has a lot...
- Janice Person: Thanks! Appreciate your stopping by!...
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was a great one!...
- kimrlang: Awesome video and pictures! Early in my radio care...
- My 50th Birthday was Certainly Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO: […] you may have seen yesterday, I traveled ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- #Sunset was a few hours ago but is staying with me #utahgram https://t.co/Rmadxb985L https://t.co/bFyrecu2r5
about 7 hours ago
- It was a wowser sort of day at #zionnationalpark #utahgram #travel https://t.co/rusdTv3NzQ https://t.co/PbAvHCi1ZK
about 7 hours ago
- The sandwich is pretty good! https://t.co/Hcq8e7FWaq https://t.co/dKWBHa8Tco
about 15 hours ago
- Not sure if I am going to get pie but I had to capture this tag line after seeing billboar… https://t.co/tkMqYK90AY https://t.co/k4hP4LP3sZ
about 15 hours ago
- #ontheblog today.... Video from my first helicopter flight #utahgram #linkinprofile https://t.co/bVCznUENaM https://t.co/sXk1P9Hzbv
about 17 hours ago