This weekend, I accidentally called a friend who farms (ok, I butt dialed him) and he called me back. We enjoyed the serendipity of it all and had a good visit. As is always the case, weather was a major discussion point. Seems not only was Memphis cooler and wetter than I’d like but he could […]
Recently, my big sis & I decided to hit the road without much of a plan. When you do that, sometimes the success of your trip hinges on some of the earliest decisions you make. That may have been the case with our first full day on the road, one where we needed to make […]
I have to say, it has been too long since I stepped into a cotton field, so when people send me photos online reminding me where we are in the cotton season, I get pretty excited. Seemed like a good time to do a quick status check on the crop since a couple of people […]
With it being back to football season, I have been thinking about how badly I need to finish my St Louis A to Z. I mean I stopped at R and obviously that letter is getting a bit of attention these days! So we will start with the obvious one and then I have a […]
With the title of this post, you may be wondering how those three things could possibly fit together. Well let’s go one by one. The Ice Bucket Challenge Seems everyone on the planet has been ice bucket challenged — I did it at work when a group on the marketing team at Organic Valley challenge […]
This is the crowd who peacefully protest daily across from the Ferguson police station. Yesterday I was part of the crowd for an hour or more before heading into the other part of Ferguson. The lady on the bullhorn — Miss Angie — is someone my friend Danyelle Little aka The Cubicle Chick has gotten to know […]
I was among the millions last night who were at home having a peaceful night until we realized the injustice in Ferguson had continued to get worse. We saw Michael Brown’s death Saturday and asked questions and we are still waiting for answers. The frustration is growing. Like so many of my friends, we watched […]
Saturday I was traveling home from work in California when I heard that Mike Brown, a teenager in the St. Louis neighborhood called Ferguson, had been shot by a policeman. I wondered what happened and I checked the internet but I kept going about my busy life that is until the riots happening in Ferguson […]
I don’t know that anyone wants to give a lot of thought to organ donation, but yesterday morning as I ate breakfast, my mind turned quickly to the topic. I got a simple text from a friend at work asking me how long someone would be in the hospital and what sort of diet he […]
On of the things that farmers have to worry about is whether or not their crops are going to fully mature. And while I think more than a few people can be watched closely for the same reason, with crops, it is a bit different. In order to harvest a crop, farmers want to be […]
While I was browsing BlogHer.com (so pumped that I will be at the conference next week), I stumbled on a post that made me look. The title? No, Really! Show Us Your Selfie! I decided to give it a look. There was a collection of selfies by the writer (Jenna Hatfield) and her family/friends and then the piece […]
When I started the A to Z about St. Louis months ago, I have to admit to thinking it would be a challenge to find places, people or things to go with some letters. And although Q can be challenging for some projects, I knew immediately what I would be posting about…. And yet, Queeny Park […]
I haven’t done a Wordless Wednesday post in a while but decided this was a great opportunity… well at least an almost wordless Wednesday post. In the past 4 days, my sister & brother-in-law were in town. While they were here, we spent time seeing some of the sites locally. First place we went — […]
- It’s Not All Rainbows & Unicorns with Mommy Bloggers May 5, 2014
- The Face of Liver Transplant is Different Today August 10, 2014
- After the Ferguson, Missouri Riot, I Made My First Trip There August 11, 2014
- Where do you stand on Selfies? Backer or Backlash? July 19, 2014
- Young Cotton Plants & 2014 Cotton Planting Progress to Date May 19, 2014
- My Unabiding Love of BB King & the Blues October 27, 2014
- Cotton Farmers are Raising Awareness in Breast Cancer October 23, 2014
- Sometimes I Do Something Stupid, Something Real Stupid aka Without My Friends I’d Still Be Stuck! October 21, 2014
- What cotton harvest problems can farmers have when it rains? October 19, 2014
- Enjoying A Quick Trip to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania September 24, 2014
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was fun to do!...
- Direct Seeding: Oh my goodness i love your blog! A-Z Agriculture-r...
- AgTechTalk | Tablets where did they come from? Day 13/30 Ag Tech Talk Blog: […] Janice Person: 30 Days of Giving Thanks...
- AgTechTalk | What’s next in Ag Technology?? Day 12/30 Ag Tech Talk Blog: […] Janice Person: 30 Days of Giving Thanks...
- AgTechTalk | Unmanned Aerial Systems Class. Day 10/30 Ag Tech Talk Blog: […] Janice Person: 30 Days of Giving Thanks...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!