I don’t do recipes on the blog much — there have been very few here! But today, with the weather, I decided to go for it even though I just published another post about Winter Storm Ion around lunch time. Why the change of heart? I trace it back to red beans and rice! I […]
This morning as I was doing my initial check of social media I saw Facebook memories in my notifications and like many other times, I was sucked into looking just to see what I may have shared on February 2 in the past. This status on tweeting totally jumped out at me and made my […]
Have you had that feeling? You reach for something and can’t find it. It something you know you need to keep track of and you have a regular place you keep it, yet you were out of your routine and thought for a minute “I’ll put it in a safe place til I get it […]
Seeing historic levels of snow heading to people along the East Coast, I can’t help but remember when I first lived in New York and I had NO CLUE how to handle a major snowstorm. I was lucky though since I rented from the family who lived in other parts of the property and they were well […]
This afternoon, I was able to enjoy the Metropolitan Opera’s new production of Bizet’s opera Les Pêcheurs de Perles (The Pearl Fishers). What is amazing about it is the incredible cultural experience happened while I was at home in St. Louis! I watched the Metropolitan Opera live stream! It was a unique experience that I […]
It happens to every blogger at one point or another. We slow down or just get out of the routine of writing posts. You go a couple of weeks without posting anything even though you have had several ideas. You may have even written quite a few things. It may be because you are busy, […]
December always brings a lot of reflection about the year and this year has definitely followed that trend. Maybe even moreso since I had a big birthday and celebrated a month of memories. Here on the blog, I have a tradition of looking back at the past year — some of the things that readers […]
I grew up going to summer camps both individually and with my entire family to a place that remains a place of great importance for my family. In fact, we still gather there with a few other families we have known throughout generations. Some of you may have seen a post or two in the […]
Last night as I watched the news I saw statements flying, today I hear more of it defending and attacking. I put my thoughts out there, not wanting to be “in your face” but just sharing my perspective. I decided to share here since the rhetoric is getting more heated. I just watched the news […]
We’ve all heard of or seen dramatic scenes in TVs and movies where lots of the loved ones in someone’s life get together for an intervention. Sometimes as they tell the intervenee they have a problem, folks end up telling each other where to go. That sounds pretty ugly. Recently a bunch of my friends and […]
I’ve spent a lot of time in the car recently and have to say that earlier today I found myself annoyed with a driver who didn’t seem to grasp how the process of merging into moving traffic on the Interstate works. I remembered that although it seems a natural reflex, I learned all of that in […]
As you may have seen yesterday, I traveled to my 50th state — Utah! — to celebrate my 50th birthday. Sure that is a lot of celebration, but I decided to take it up another notch — you know, go big or go home. I decided to do a helicopter tour of Bryce Canyon National Park […]
I don’t remember my parents at the age of 50 exactly, but I do remember thinking 50 sounded really old for a long time. It no longer sounds that old and that has been shifting over the years but today I am turning 50. That almost feels like someone is pranking me! A milestone like […]
I remember a time when I had been to just a handful of states…. growing up in Memphis, it was easy to get to Mississippi and Arkansas for weekend camping trips or something. And we did a big trip to Miami as a kid so we checked off several more with great gusto. Seeing all […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- Looking for Builders instead of Demolition Teams September 30, 2015
- Adding My Voice to the Discussion on Religion & Immigration December 8, 2015
- Welcoming the Year of the Monkey / Chinese New Year 2016 February 8, 2016
- A World of Change in Seven Years of Tweeting February 2, 2016
- Remembering My Most Terrifying Travel Experience February 1, 2016
- Cotton Bolls — What makes this one so small? January 27, 2016
- …But I Remember Putting It In a Safe Place January 25, 2016
- Martiniano Chapa: Thanks for all those pictures about cotton, it tak...
- Brian: Love the cotton pics, Janice. Always fun to see cr...
- Janice Person: Testing....
- A Tale of Two Cotton Bolls -- What makes them look that way? : […] smaller than the bolls I see in cotton f...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] Flights get cancelled quickly. Highways ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Celebrating this guy turning 40! #oldfriends #birthday
- This day didn't go as planned but a bit of time in #Memphis with a stop at this place..... Who am I to complain?
- Wrote up a post about the #yearofthemonkey events in #stl #Ontheblog #linkinbio
- Ready for #memphis #bbq at @centralbbq with my peeps as we watch the Panthers in #superbowl50 #itsagoodday
- It's a day to #gored for heart health. Special shoutout to my girl @swaraimedia for all she's done for her personal heart health this year!
- Lovin' the cocktails at Lulu as I hear more about #lunarnewyearstl #yearofthemonkeystl #hosted
- Checking out the lychee martini #chinesenewyear
- Getting the lowdown on lunar new year #chinesenewyear
- It is a red banner day at @monsantoco since Roundup Ready Xtend is ready to go! #plant16
- Love that Jerry is sharing the honey from the beehives on campus with me!
- Decided to combine getting a #pedicure with prep for #superbowl50. Love that she did whisker-like touches for me! #carolinapanthers #keeppounding #gameprep
- There are some things you just can't shake.... Even though this happened YEARS ago, I felt my heart race a bit just writing the story. It's #Ontheblog #linkinbio #travel #traveler #traveldiaries #atl #atlanta #terrifyingtuesday #traveltuesday
- I loved the halftime show at the super bowl this weekend.... @Luvvie explains why @Beyonce rocked more than music https://t.co/4tLEY90VvX
about 5 hours ago
- Celebrating this guy turning 40! #oldfriends #birthday https://t.co/rNyaooOMR2 https://t.co/5GpyClr4zU
about 16 hours ago
- JP REWIND Love Those Cotton Blue & Gold FFA Jackets! A Guest Post from An Advocate for Ag https://t.co/GNf4ljzZk9 #cotton #guestperspective
about 1 day ago
- Wondering who I'll see in KC this weekend for the @AFBFYFR annual convention.... And is there a hashtag? :)
about 1 day ago
- Adam's loss could be your gain.... who's interested in attending #dad2summit? It will be awesome! https://t.co/8aDkjOcvo7
about 2 days ago