Last week as I was attending a conference on the technical side of blogging, a friend (Michelle Miller of TheFarmBabe.com) sent me a message since I’m her go to on all things cotton. I answered as she sent another, another and then a deluge. You would have thought she was having a bit of a […]
About Janice PersonI'm Janice & this blog is about my passions -- photography, travel, agriculture & whatever else comes to mind. Putting all those things together is intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking it up! It's almost always a colorful adventure!
Author Archive | Janice Person
As a long-time, frequent flier, I can admit I have a very different view of travel than I did as a college student heading to spring break in California for my first big trip without the family. On that trip, I was so excited to be on the plane, I am a long way past it. And […]
It is so easy to get transported to a different world for me when I’m on a beach. I love the feel of the sun on my skin (what I can feel through the heavy coat of sunscreen). My toes are happy in sandals or sand. And watching the waves roll in lures me into […]
Sometimes the questions that get asked leave me to pause and ponder. That’s exactly what happened when someone on Quora requested my answer to the question, what does cotton feel like? When I first saw it, I thought it was a bit absurd to ask. Then again, I routinely quote Cotton Inc on “the touch the feel […]
I have a really diverse group of family and friends. They cover almost every part of the religious, political, and economic spectrums. I have friends and family who are immigrants, gay or lesbian…. I have friends and family who marched in St. Louis today — in Washington D.C., New York, Raleigh NC, Oklahoma City, and […]
Years ago, before I blogged, I had what I assumed was a once in a lifetime opportunity. It was something that I had never really thought about doing and I am not sure I knew anyone else who had ever done this unless they lived in DC metro. I had the chance to attend a […]
Wow it has gotten cold here, once in out of the frigid temperatures outside (still surviving the cold for now). I recently cracked open my iPad, opened Quora and saw the question What do farmers do during the winter? I had to answer it in part because I remember a time when I assumed farmers were kicked back […]
I’m not sure how or when it happened, but 2016 got a bad rep. We had some startling moments for sure and lots of things we didn’t expect happened. Some were personal and others were in the public eye. It seems the public drags on happiness can be overwhelming. For me, I have to admit […]
- The Texas Dryland Cotton Crop Looks Good This Year VIDEO October 5, 2016
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- The First Bad Winter Weather Took Me Sideways A Bit December 17, 2016
- A Small Contribution to Feeding the World this Week October 16, 2016
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) November 27, 2016
- What You Should Know Before Buying Sheets March 25, 2017
- The Torture of a Middle Seat and So Much More March 9, 2017
- We Heard Her Scream “Help!” February 26, 2017
- If asked, what does cotton feel like? How would you answer? February 18, 2017
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today January 21, 2017
- What You Should Know Before Buying Sheets | a colorful adventure: […] cotton 101 […]...
- Is Agribusiness getting serious about sustainability? – NREL CMS: […] online videos and social media outlets w...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] think that the decisions we make about h...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] Through all of that I have been able to ...
- DebbieLB @ KidsCowsandGrass.com: Wow! What a great opportunity! My mom and dad atte...