After I made several pages of some of my favorite farm-related blogs, it occurred to me I had very likely missed a few. So, they must not have fallen so clearly in one category or another but I really love them. There are no rules I have to go by so I may as well just put whatever I want here!
- Beyond the Rows – The Monsanto Company blog… I sometimes write stuff for it.
- Dairy Goddess’s Blog — If you want to know about dairy farming from a great source, check out what Barbara’s been up to! She’s either out walking the barn taking care of Chica and others, making cheese or something fun!
- Dove Farm Diaries — One of the folks I’ve talked to through Twitter for over a year is located in the UK… I love getting their perspective on things and with the start of 2011 came a new farm blog! They have several different types of livestock, grow crops to feed them and have facilities for guests & small meetings.
- Kim’s County Line — Kim puts her commentary and photos about life on a Kansas farm on her blog. She’s a farm wife who writes about farm life, photos, recipes and life in general. She said having checked out several of the blogs listed here, she truly appreciates the resource & would enjoy being added.
- PAfarmgirl — I love the great photos Genny posts here.
- Proud to be a Farmers Daughter — Mary Ellen Fricke is a friend I met at a conference — she’s a bit outgoing too… Yep, we hit it right off. But she also has a great story and to start 2011, she decided to start a blog. The name comes from the first “big girl t-shirt” she remembers having. I love it!
- Twins’ Farm in Spain — The Twins’ Farm is a small farm in Cuenca, near Madrid (La Alberca de Záncara, Cuenca, Spain). They followed me on Twitter & I didn’t catch them for a bit. Sure glad I did! Great to see photos from a very different farm & crop mix than I have locally. (And I love Spanish olives!)
- Two Generations from the Farm — A college student from Alabama turned me onto this blog and I have been following it since. “Not a farmer, but not clueless” — we need a lot more folks in this category.
Oh, and how self-serving is it to put my own? Come on, give me a break, I work hard on it!
- ag – a colorful adventure for this city girl – I read my own blog but not in a self congratulatory way… usually looking for something I have forgotten. LOL