I bet all the talk this week about Norman Borlaug this week has been a bit hard for some to understand. And I think maybe I got caught up in the buzz and didn’t step back and really explain why I would have such awes of a man I never met. If you aren’t sure […]
Archive | ag awareness RSS feed for this section
Tomorrow, March 26th I have the incredible pleasure of joining a celebration of one of the greatest men who graced the planet — Norman Borlaug. And although Penn Jillette is funny playing a card game comparing the best humans have lived, he is dead serious when he knows he has found the ultimate trump card […]
This morning as I reached for a bowl for my oatmeal, my eyes lingered on an espresso cup and saucer that stays in my tiny kitchen cabinet despite the fact I don’t drink espresso. Many times I have thought I probably could make better use of the cabinet space. You probably think it would take […]
Thought this would make a perfect Wordless Wednesday post! Check out the Peterson Farm Bros new video…. Love their senses of humor! Hope they don’t mind me capturing a screenshot so I have a thumbnail on this when it gets shared on Facebook, etc.! And I swear when I watch this, I think to myself that […]
Growing up a city girl and then finding a love of farming puts me in an interesting place. Many of my friends may never have been on a farm, many more are farmers! When it comes time for all the Facebook notifications to come rolling in, I decided to ask everyone a question. The responses […]
I’ve had a great day which is reason enough to give thanks, but check this out… reminds me of some of the many movies I can watch and laugh with, some I can quote! Yes, I am wimping out today…. not really writing much, but hopefully you know I truly am thankful for funny […]
Some of you know my dear friend Marjory and some of you may even remember photos I shared of her & her girls when they came to St. Louis to spend spring break with me. Well in the past week, Marjory has posted two really cute photos that I asked if I could make my […]
Sometimes, there is a flash and you see things a little differently. That’s what sort of happened a few weeks ago. I had airline tickets to North Carolina & was making plans to see my nephew Jake of Flat Stanley fame here on the blog. I was also going to be leading some sessions on blogging […]
- Celebrating November by Giving 30 Days of Thanks October 31, 2013
- Why Shouldn’t I Say Merry Christmas? Happy Holidays Isn’t the Same! December 5, 2013
- Facing An Identity Crisis Head On March 12, 2014
- Remembering Miss Dot (Dot Hester) The Way She Deserves to be Remembered March 2, 2014
- Top 15 Things You Can Do to Survive Extreme Cold — Tips from a Panel of Experts January 3, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: Niche, Nelly & Norton Grapes April 19, 2014
- Committing to a Blog Refresh & Getting the Help of Friends April 19, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: McDonnell Douglas, Museum of Transportation, Metrolink, & Magic House April 17, 2014
- Climate Change & The Video that has Me Thinking About It April 16, 2014
- St Louis A to Z: Laclede, Lewis & Clark and Lemp Mansion April 15, 2014
- Remembering Norman Borlaug and Looking to the Future - a colorful adventure: […] would have been Borlaug’s birthday...
- Cella Delsing: This information is amazing. I have to do a proje...
- Janice Person: Thanks Linda. I hope you are lucky enough to have ...
- Linda Brendle: Janice, what a sweet tribute you've written about...
- Janice Person: LOL Susi! I have to say, having seen South Florida...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!