Amy H. Robinette is the owner of Micro Summit Processors and co-owner of Harris-Robinette Beef, and is known online as NC Meat Mom. Her family farm and meat processing company are east of Raleigh in Micro, NC. I was recently in her neighborhood without realizing how close I was and I’m still bummed we didn’t have a […]
Archive | food RSS feed for this section
I’m not sure that we could find two more complimentary farm blogs to feature in a day…. Fairytale Beginnings & Farm Barbie? That doesn’t exactly sound like part of a farm series…. Feedyard Foodie puts two things together that don’t seem exactly to go together, but they do! Remember not all farms are the same! […]
Today you will get to meet a farm family here in my adopted home state that is really big on conservation as they grow corn, soybeans and wheat. A a farm in northeastern Washington that does things on a small scale. And one in Virginia that does some things like cotton on a big scale and […]
When it came time for the letter T to be featured in my St. Louis A to Z, two major foods came to mind — Ted Drewes and toasted ravioli! Both of them are talked about frequently in St. Louis and both foods have fans in town. So please stop reading if you are hungry! Ted […]
As Americans, we tend to think of the Fourth of July and Independence Day as synonymous. But we also know that gaining one’s independence is a pivotal point for individuals — think about how various people you know have celebrated their independence whether that was from a university program they worked hard to complete or […]
When you head into Whole Foods or Ingles’ Markets to pick up some produce, you may be buying cabbage or broccoli that was grown on southwestern Virginia’s Cavin Farms. I had the chance to check out the farm on Sunday and wanted to share some of the photos of the produce operation here. Jonathan shows […]
This past weekend, I went to North Carolina to see my niece Nikki graduate from college. (She totally rocked that cap and gown!) With vacation time after that visit, I decided I’d finally take my friend Jonathan Cavin up on his offer to check out his family farm in the far southwest corner of Virginia. […]
Knowing how much I love really yummy food, it should surprise no one that I am leading N with a local restaurant fave. Niche Niche is the first of the Gerard Craft restaurants I went to. I still remember the night when I had dinner with Ellen, Grant, Mike & Ray at Niche. And without […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- How Lee Jeans Won My Heart & Hips August 19, 2015
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip August 17, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Wizzing Off to Milan | Budget Nomad: […] Remembering a Visit to Milan’s Duo...
- How Lee Jeans Won My Heart & Hips - a colorful adventure: […] few years ago though Lee Jeans got my at...
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip - a colorful adventure: […] Make sure the car is up for it — e...
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip - a colorful adventure: […] the last few years, I’ve found it ...
- Tornadoes... Are They Bad or are People Paranoid?: […] a move to Oklahoma from a part of the US...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! https://t.co/8ZW1aNZQ4C
about 18 hours ago
- JP REWIND A Weekend's Work at a Microbrewery -- White Dog Beer in Guiglia, Ital http://t.co/RLgXfC85TV #agawareness #agriculture #foodfarm
about 1 day ago
- 68 degrees, sunny with blue skies. Perfect #topdownday almost makes construction traffic enjoyable! #stlwx
about 1 day ago
- Which roses should you stop to appreciate this evening? http://t.co/OA1mRwhYIc http://t.co/85ZCuULzQr
about 2 days ago