Amy H. Robinette is the owner of Micro Summit Processors and co-owner of Harris-Robinette Beef, and is known online as NC Meat Mom. Her family farm and meat processing company are east of Raleigh in Micro, NC. I was recently in her neighborhood without realizing how close I was and I’m still bummed we didn’t have a […]
Archive | food RSS feed for this section
I’m not sure that we could find two more complimentary farm blogs to feature in a day…. Fairytale Beginnings & Farm Barbie? That doesn’t exactly sound like part of a farm series…. Feedyard Foodie puts two things together that don’t seem exactly to go together, but they do! Remember not all farms are the same! […]
Today you will get to meet a farm family here in my adopted home state that is really big on conservation as they grow corn, soybeans and wheat. A a farm in northeastern Washington that does things on a small scale. And one in Virginia that does some things like cotton on a big scale and […]
When it came time for the letter T to be featured in my St. Louis A to Z, two major foods came to mind — Ted Drewes and toasted ravioli! Both of them are talked about frequently in St. Louis and both foods have fans in town. So please stop reading if you are hungry! Ted […]
As Americans, we tend to think of the Fourth of July and Independence Day as synonymous. But we also know that gaining one’s independence is a pivotal point for individuals — think about how various people you know have celebrated their independence whether that was from a university program they worked hard to complete or […]
When you head into Whole Foods or Ingles’ Markets to pick up some produce, you may be buying cabbage or broccoli that was grown on southwestern Virginia’s Cavin Farms. I had the chance to check out the farm on Sunday and wanted to share some of the photos of the produce operation here. Jonathan shows […]
This past weekend, I went to North Carolina to see my niece Nikki graduate from college. (She totally rocked that cap and gown!) With vacation time after that visit, I decided I’d finally take my friend Jonathan Cavin up on his offer to check out his family farm in the far southwest corner of Virginia. […]
Knowing how much I love really yummy food, it should surprise no one that I am leading N with a local restaurant fave. Niche Niche is the first of the Gerard Craft restaurants I went to. I still remember the night when I had dinner with Ellen, Grant, Mike & Ray at Niche. And without […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- My 50th Birthday was So Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO November 24, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- When Seeing All 50 States Sounded Out of Reach November 22, 2015
- A Heart-Stopping Midnight Visit to Denny’s November 21, 2015
- How did you work before e-mail? The Pre-Internet Office November 20, 2015
- Janice Person: Thanks Kim. I have to say the full video has a lot...
- Janice Person: Thanks! Appreciate your stopping by!...
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was a great one!...
- kimrlang: Awesome video and pictures! Early in my radio care...
- My 50th Birthday was Certainly Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO: […] you may have seen yesterday, I traveled ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- We played human food ball tonight! It is hysterical! #family #thanksgiving https://t.co/KnRpDHh2UM https://t.co/xVTE6fOLax
about 10 hours ago
- Hanging out with @andrewholmes.official https://t.co/LTYLF2Qrtv https://t.co/5ljtq43kg5
about 10 hours ago
- Missing @babalou83 & @abw1432 but having a great time too! https://t.co/lGX8OlQMej https://t.co/zj3gqbTdKj
about 17 hours ago
- Love this place! #thanksgiving https://t.co/2NNhhYIgj4 https://t.co/YhmUKHRIgj
about 18 hours ago
- The rec hall looks great as do my peeps! #thanksgiving https://t.co/ndhQWXnhIo https://t.co/es6LmlbTdt
about 18 hours ago