Amy H. Robinette is the owner of Micro Summit Processors and co-owner of Harris-Robinette Beef, and is known online as NC Meat Mom. Her family farm and meat processing company are east of Raleigh in Micro, NC. I was recently in her neighborhood without realizing how close I was and I’m still bummed we didn’t have a […]
Archive | food RSS feed for this section
I’m not sure that we could find two more complimentary farm blogs to feature in a day…. Fairytale Beginnings & Farm Barbie? That doesn’t exactly sound like part of a farm series…. Feedyard Foodie puts two things together that don’t seem exactly to go together, but they do! Remember not all farms are the same! […]
Today you will get to meet a farm family here in my adopted home state that is really big on conservation as they grow corn, soybeans and wheat. A a farm in northeastern Washington that does things on a small scale. And one in Virginia that does some things like cotton on a big scale and […]
When it came time for the letter T to be featured in my St. Louis A to Z, two major foods came to mind — Ted Drewes and toasted ravioli! Both of them are talked about frequently in St. Louis and both foods have fans in town. So please stop reading if you are hungry! Ted […]
As Americans, we tend to think of the Fourth of July and Independence Day as synonymous. But we also know that gaining one’s independence is a pivotal point for individuals — think about how various people you know have celebrated their independence whether that was from a university program they worked hard to complete or […]
When you head into Whole Foods or Ingles’ Markets to pick up some produce, you may be buying cabbage or broccoli that was grown on southwestern Virginia’s Cavin Farms. I had the chance to check out the farm on Sunday and wanted to share some of the photos of the produce operation here. Jonathan shows […]
This past weekend, I went to North Carolina to see my niece Nikki graduate from college. (She totally rocked that cap and gown!) With vacation time after that visit, I decided I’d finally take my friend Jonathan Cavin up on his offer to check out his family farm in the far southwest corner of Virginia. […]
Knowing how much I love really yummy food, it should surprise no one that I am leading N with a local restaurant fave. Niche Niche is the first of the Gerard Craft restaurants I went to. I still remember the night when I had dinner with Ellen, Grant, Mike & Ray at Niche. And without […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- Looking for Builders instead of Demolition Teams September 30, 2015
- Adding My Voice to the Discussion on Religion & Immigration December 8, 2015
- Welcoming the Year of the Monkey / Chinese New Year 2016 February 8, 2016
- A World of Change in Seven Years of Tweeting February 2, 2016
- Remembering My Most Terrifying Travel Experience February 1, 2016
- Cotton Bolls — What makes this one so small? January 27, 2016
- …But I Remember Putting It In a Safe Place January 25, 2016
- Martiniano Chapa: Thanks for all those pictures about cotton, it tak...
- Brian: Love the cotton pics, Janice. Always fun to see cr...
- Janice Person: Testing....
- A Tale of Two Cotton Bolls -- What makes them look that way? : […] smaller than the bolls I see in cotton f...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] Flights get cancelled quickly. Highways ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- So this just happened
- Up front & center to see @hilljay45 talk about his #farm #ShowMeYFR
- Look who I found at #ShowMeYFR
- Listening to @daddystractor talk about how she reaches out from her farm to city moms #ShowMeYFR
- #thatmomentwhen someone tells me I can't sit at the #cotton table #showmeYFR
- Hope to talk with @wisefarmerbrown re: getting sweet corn donation grown on his #farm!
- #ShowMeYFR I am so inspired by the agricultural family that I have been adopted into. Via @wiseFarmerBrown
- Checking out some famous #Missouri peeps out. Satchel Paige, Mark Twain, Count Basie, Walt Disney & @chrischinnmo #showmeYFR #farmers
- Lovin' the bonus love from the @marriotthotels this afternoon! Tina & Tahneshia Rock! Thanks Allie:)
- Love when I find myself in a crowd of High Plains #cotton farmers #happyplace
- Happy soybeans in a growth chamber that simulates the Brazilian environment #imisssummer
- #Didyouknow that each brown silk on an ear of corn indicates that silk was pollinated & signals it is trying to grow a kernel of corn #farm #agriculture #speakag #food #sweetcorn #makinmehungry
- In Kansas City we like our drag queens like we like our cows, tipped #kcmo
about 15 hours ago
- Up front & center to see @hilljay45 talk about his #farm #ShowMeYFR https://t.co/AuhsjGmuvw https://t.co/OomOemcP0f
about 18 hours ago
- Look who I found at #ShowMeYFR https://t.co/QPEhtU9hfs https://t.co/KhVSosfBBZ
about 20 hours ago
- Fun hearing @daddystractor mention friends @MariaBrilaki & @TheSciBabe during #ShowMeYFR
about 21 hours ago
- Listening to @daddystractor talk about how she reaches out from her farm to city moms #Sho… https://t.co/nQIac5bgi6 https://t.co/VT1G2vrnKx
about 21 hours ago