My Recent Cheesy Travel Did you know it I haven’t gotten as many of the new food polls up as I had hoped, but I have lots of ideas so I will be continuing it just may not be quite weekly. Since June is National Dairy Month, I thought I’d go with the theme and poll […]
Archive | food poll RSS feed for this section
A few years ago (2010 to be exact) the great butter and lard debate launched a fun series of food polls for my blog over the summer. Each weekend I would do a food poll. The poll could be on almost any kind of food — we talked ice cream, favorite Chicago foods, celebrating by […]
With the amount of time so many of us have spent inside this week, we’ve all probably eaten our favorite foods. There are some things that I think I simply must have when it snows and am willing to bet there are differences. So what are your favorite snowday foods? What snacks are must haves […]
This week’s food poll may be the last as we are bringing the summer to an end. I’m still thinking through my next steps and thought maybe this should go the route of the way I’m ending summer — with a trip to Chicago, a city well known for food and eating! I had a […]
The discussion we have so frequently about where our food comes from… I know you know your food comes from farms and ranches, but I’m wondering what’s the last touch point before it gets to you. So this poll is a bit easier than most…. and you can select more than one answer! But to […]
Having lived in New York a few years and traveled to Italy a few times, I like to think of myself as a bit of a pizza connoisseur. Okay, that may be stretching it a tiny bit. But I do love pizza. I love thick crust and thin crust. I love marinara or white. Vegetarian or […]
The idea for this poll came to me because of a rather poignant comment by a reader. The comment, like so many other things I’ve read and heard in the past year, gave me reason to pause and consider things a bit differently. I have always loved meat. And while I’ve pointed out my granddad […]
The state fair, a local county fair…. it’s amazing to me how different the pictures in my mind are now from what they used to be. I grew up a city girl and although I do remember where the livestock area was at my local fair (the Mid-South Fair which has moved locations recently), I […]
- Learning About Bees & Conquering Fear (Video) June 19, 2017
- How is Hurricane Harvey Impacting Texas Cotton Farmers? August 27, 2017
- Sometimes Father’s Day Means Memories Instead of Presents June 17, 2017
- Be That Aunt or Uncle…. Not Just to Your Siblings’ Kids July 26, 2017
- Tips for Surviving the Extreme Heat & Humidity July 20, 2017
- Human Foosball Makes for an Awesome Family Game Night December 9, 2017
- Holiday Gifts Straight from the Farm! November 14, 2017
- Join Me in Showing a Love of Cotton with an Online Shop September 24, 2017
- It’s Been a Long Time Coming — JPlovesCOTTON Has a Logo! September 23, 2017
- An Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe for Instant Pot September 16, 2017
- Janice Person: Sorry, Not sure what you mean. The last post where...
- sterrywoods: Last post was 11 months ago?...
- Podcast 001 - Janice Person on GMO Conversations – Beef Runner: […] her as @JPlovescotton on Twitter, Instag...
- Holiday Gifts Straight from the Farm! | JP loves COTTON & more: […] will definitely be a guide that has uniq...
- Holiday Gifts Straight from the Farm! | JP loves COTTON & more: […] things show farm love, especially for co...
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!