I’m lucky enough to have multiple choice at the holidays usually. The benefit of being single. All the moms & kids seem to be driver. I’m usually with family in one place or another although I sometimes also squeeze in vacation fun. This year the decision was to stay put. I love traveling to see […]
Archive | food RSS feed for this section
I started tapping this blog entry as we reached our cruising altitude on a flight home. It’s been a long weekend with a lot going on work-wise. Good stuff for the cotton business, but there seemed to be more than a few things making me feel a bit off my pace. I know it won’t […]
Thanksgiving has always been an incredible part of my life. I’ve celebrated the holidays many years with vast number of family and other years I’ve been in faraway places like India or Italy where friends have attempted to make me feel at home, particularly for that meal. This year, we will likely have 60-65 people […]
One of my tweeps — Gene Roney –posted this video today (I have no idea why the embed code didn’t work but I have decided to link & hope you come back)… it prompted me to reminisce about my days in Tifton and further south talking with farmers about all the things they do to protect […]
We’re looking at food insecurity on #foodchat this week…. saw this in the feed and wanted to pop it up here too. World Food Day was Friday. The FAO’s website on World Food Day says some things that give me pause for thought. With an estimated increase of 105 million hungry people in 2009, there […]
My friend Nick started a twitter hashtag #onthefarm as a way to connect to the farm weekly. This week he thought he’d take a break and let me do the interview. I may want to steal the project from him totally now. 🙂 I had so incredibly much fun picking a topic, getting the folks […]
- The Texas Dryland Cotton Crop Looks Good This Year VIDEO October 5, 2016
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- The First Bad Winter Weather Took Me Sideways A Bit December 17, 2016
- A Small Contribution to Feeding the World this Week October 16, 2016
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) November 27, 2016
- The Torture of a Middle Seat and So Much More March 9, 2017
- We Heard Her Scream “Help!” February 26, 2017
- If asked, what does cotton feel like? How would you answer? February 18, 2017
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today January 21, 2017
- That Time I Attended the Presidential Inauguration January 19, 2017
- Is Agribusiness getting serious about sustainability? – NREL CMS: […] online videos and social media outlets w...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] think that the decisions we make about h...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] Through all of that I have been able to ...
- DebbieLB @ KidsCowsandGrass.com: Wow! What a great opportunity! My mom and dad atte...
- That Time I Attended the Presidential Inauguration | a colorful adventure: […] I could swing it all. The prep got real ...