Have you had that feeling? You reach for something and can’t find it. It something you know you need to keep track of and you have a regular place you keep it, yet you were out of your routine and thought for a minute “I’ll put it in a safe place til I get it […]
Archive | personal insight RSS feed for this section
It happens to every blogger at one point or another. We slow down or just get out of the routine of writing posts. You go a couple of weeks without posting anything even though you have had several ideas. You may have even written quite a few things. It may be because you are busy, […]
I grew up going to summer camps both individually and with my entire family to a place that remains a place of great importance for my family. In fact, we still gather there with a few other families we have known throughout generations. Some of you may have seen a post or two in the […]
As you may have seen yesterday, I traveled to my 50th state — Utah! — to celebrate my 50th birthday. Sure that is a lot of celebration, but I decided to take it up another notch — you know, go big or go home. I decided to do a helicopter tour of Bryce Canyon National Park […]
Those early days of independence, when you have gotten your driver’s license and finally can stay out a bit give teenagers a rush. I remember the first time I was allowed to stay out to midnight while driving. There were lots of extenuating circumstances. I was 16 and had been pretty responsible. Our church was […]
The question in the title of this post — How did you work before email? — is something that I was asked a few months ago. And the person asking it was genuinely confused by how communications work was done without email and all the digital tools we use on a daily basis. The honest […]
One of the clearest memories from childhood was having lots of things to do creatively. And while there were various handicrafts at different times, one that we frequently had on-going was painting on fabric. It was something called Tri-Chem (I am shocked to find out the company appears to still be around!). We would work on […]
Earlier this week I mentioned that my dad got a Nash Rambler when I was in junior high school, well throughout my life, dad listened to country music on AM radio. While I always liked folk, bluegrass and Americana, old school country like my dad liked… that wasn’t anything teenagers listened to in my world. […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- Looking for Builders instead of Demolition Teams September 30, 2015
- How did you work before e-mail? The Pre-Internet Office November 20, 2015
- A World of Change in Seven Years of Tweeting February 2, 2016
- Remembering My Most Terrifying Travel Experience February 1, 2016
- Cotton Bolls — What makes this one so small? January 27, 2016
- …But I Remember Putting It In a Safe Place January 25, 2016
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm January 22, 2016
- A Tale of Two Cotton Bolls -- What makes them look that way? : […] smaller than the bolls I see in cotton f...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] Flights get cancelled quickly. Highways ...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] some of the tips I have for dealing with...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] have a few problems keeping their temper...
- If misery loves company, this winter is filled with community!: […] winter is horribly cold in the central p...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Ready for #memphis #bbq at @centralbbq with my peeps as we watch the Panthers in #superbowl50 #itsagoodday
- It's a day to #gored for heart health. Special shoutout to my girl @swaraimedia for all she's done for her personal heart health this year!
- Lovin' the cocktails at Lulu as I hear more about #lunarnewyearstl #yearofthemonkeystl #hosted
- Checking out the lychee martini #chinesenewyear
- Getting the lowdown on lunar new year #chinesenewyear
- It is a red banner day at @monsantoco since Roundup Ready Xtend is ready to go! #plant16
- Love that Jerry is sharing the honey from the beehives on campus with me!
- Decided to combine getting a #pedicure with prep for #superbowl50. Love that she did whisker-like touches for me! #carolinapanthers #keeppounding #gameprep
- There are some things you just can't shake.... Even though this happened YEARS ago, I felt my heart race a bit just writing the story. It's #Ontheblog #linkinbio #travel #traveler #traveldiaries #atl #atlanta #terrifyingtuesday #traveltuesday
- Fun getting @uncommonchick out for a #topdown drive #STL
- Loved the shrimp etoufee today! Fun catching up with @uncommonchick too #STL #stleats
- Rockin' my copy of @thecubiclechick's book Personal, Professional & Positive. Will be taking a 30 day challenge on @professionallypositive #positivity #goodvibesalways
- Ready for #memphis #bbq at @centralbbq with my peeps as we watch the Panthers in #superbow… https://t.co/lBJ3eJqgJ9 https://t.co/EIlqjOup8F
about 2 hours ago
- Love that my friend Steven Chapman in Texas has created a site to share his #farm photos! https://t.co/aFkFg6UgAg
about 6 hours ago
- My @Quora answer to What do we have to do to save honeybees? https://t.co/oXdyWVmYVs
about 10 hours ago
- JP REWIND Checking Out the Salty Dawg Saloon in Homer, Alaska https://t.co/OD5flfUOvh #travel
about 10 hours ago
- So many great people, great farmers in the @AskTheFarmers project! Check them out! https://t.co/2EqDAtF8iR
about 21 hours ago