I was traveling when they did the opening ceremony of the Olympics and turned it on at a hotel and as the parade of nations started, I thought really? I heard the commentators talking about all the stuff that had been going on in the world rather than the athletes. I turned it off and […]
Archive | personal insight RSS feed for this section
So excited that I can share this link to the Marketing Smarts Podcast that published last week! The interview, a conversation with Kerry O’Shea Gorgone, covers a wide range of topics related to the work I do at Monsanto, the way we have been engaging in the broader conversation about food and the way a B2B gets […]
Growing tomatoes is something that just seems to make a person more Southern. I’ve grown them at various times in my life and my grandmom usually had tomato plants. And I can’t help but think of a scene in Steel Magnolias where Ouiser is dumping tomatoes on people and says she has to grow them […]
This blog post is a draft of comments I plan to make at my mom’s retirement party today. I’m sure I will make some changes in it as I say it — I am really bad with scripts! — but it will probably be close to what I say/said. When I was asked if I […]
I drove back from Memphis the other day and had to stop at a berry farm…. was so excited that blackberries are coming in. I bought a bunch of them…. a couple of quarts thinking it was high time for blackberry cobbler and it really was! I had to get my grandmom’s blackberry cobbler recipe […]
Have you had that feeling? You reach for something and can’t find it. It something you know you need to keep track of and you have a regular place you keep it, yet you were out of your routine and thought for a minute “I’ll put it in a safe place til I get it […]
It happens to every blogger at one point or another. We slow down or just get out of the routine of writing posts. You go a couple of weeks without posting anything even though you have had several ideas. You may have even written quite a few things. It may be because you are busy, […]
I grew up going to summer camps both individually and with my entire family to a place that remains a place of great importance for my family. In fact, we still gather there with a few other families we have known throughout generations. Some of you may have seen a post or two in the […]
- I am LOVING the Olympics…. Who’s with me? August 11, 2016
- Quick & Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe (How-To Video) June 19, 2016
- My Mom’s Career Taught Us Lots of Life Lessons June 26, 2016
- In Search of the Perfect Tomato July 5, 2016
- Top 5 Memphis Foods to Eat for 901 Day & Any Other Day! September 1, 2016
- A Once-in-a-Lifetime Opera Experience in Prague December 5, 2016
- Things to Consider if You Are Buying a New Travel Backpack November 30, 2016
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) November 27, 2016
- That Time I Was in a Chinese GMO Documentary Video November 11, 2016
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- Janice Person: Very cool! You may want to make sure you have some...
- Judy: Hey JP, Wish I had found your blog sooner and do...
- : Thanks so much for all you do. We have a group sta...
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) | a colorful adventure: […] and frequently find myself embarking on ...
- sandra cook: i love it !..hearsd about you a while back,but slo...