I’m not sure how or when it happened, but 2016 got a bad rep. We had some startling moments for sure and lots of things we didn’t expect happened. Some were personal and others were in the public eye. It seems the public drags on happiness can be overwhelming. For me, I have to admit […]
Archive | personal insight RSS feed for this section
I was traveling when they did the opening ceremony of the Olympics and turned it on at a hotel and as the parade of nations started, I thought really? I heard the commentators talking about all the stuff that had been going on in the world rather than the athletes. I turned it off and […]
So excited that I can share this link to the Marketing Smarts Podcast that published last week! The interview, a conversation with Kerry O’Shea Gorgone, covers a wide range of topics related to the work I do at Monsanto, the way we have been engaging in the broader conversation about food and the way a B2B gets […]
Growing tomatoes is something that just seems to make a person more Southern. I’ve grown them at various times in my life and my grandmom usually had tomato plants. And I can’t help but think of a scene in Steel Magnolias where Ouiser is dumping tomatoes on people and says she has to grow them […]
This blog post is a draft of comments I plan to make at my mom’s retirement party today. I’m sure I will make some changes in it as I say it — I am really bad with scripts! — but it will probably be close to what I say/said. When I was asked if I […]
I drove back from Memphis the other day and had to stop at a berry farm…. was so excited that blackberries are coming in. I bought a bunch of them…. a couple of quarts thinking it was high time for blackberry cobbler and it really was! I had to get my grandmom’s blackberry cobbler recipe […]
Have you had that feeling? You reach for something and can’t find it. It something you know you need to keep track of and you have a regular place you keep it, yet you were out of your routine and thought for a minute “I’ll put it in a safe place til I get it […]
It happens to every blogger at one point or another. We slow down or just get out of the routine of writing posts. You go a couple of weeks without posting anything even though you have had several ideas. You may have even written quite a few things. It may be because you are busy, […]
- Learning About Bees & Conquering Fear (Video) June 19, 2017
- How is Hurricane Harvey Impacting Texas Cotton Farmers? August 27, 2017
- Sometimes Father’s Day Means Memories Instead of Presents June 17, 2017
- Be That Aunt or Uncle…. Not Just to Your Siblings’ Kids July 26, 2017
- Tips for Surviving the Extreme Heat & Humidity July 20, 2017
- Human Foosball Makes for an Awesome Family Game Night December 9, 2017
- Holiday Gifts Straight from the Farm! November 14, 2017
- Join Me in Showing a Love of Cotton with an Online Shop September 24, 2017
- It’s Been a Long Time Coming — JPlovesCOTTON Has a Logo! September 23, 2017
- An Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe for Instant Pot September 16, 2017
- Janice Person: Sorry, Not sure what you mean. The last post where...
- sterrywoods: Last post was 11 months ago?...
- Podcast 001 - Janice Person on GMO Conversations – Beef Runner: […] her as @JPlovescotton on Twitter, Instag...
- Holiday Gifts Straight from the Farm! | JP loves COTTON & more: […] will definitely be a guide that has uniq...
- Holiday Gifts Straight from the Farm! | JP loves COTTON & more: […] things show farm love, especially for co...
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!