Knowing how much I love really yummy food, it should surprise no one that I am leading N with a local restaurant fave. Niche Niche is the first of the Gerard Craft restaurants I went to. I still remember the night when I had dinner with Ellen, Grant, Mike & Ray at Niche. And without […]
Archive | popular culture RSS feed for this section
On my lazy Saturday I finally got up and turned on the Olympics. I know, I missed Team USA playing hockey and I can live with that. But I get to catch more skeleton so I’m ok. I just saw this commercial…. before I say more, please watch it. So in this Geico Insurance ad, […]
It happens every year. In December, I see the comments from people about wishing others Merry Christmas or the push to use Happy Holidays. There are “holiday parties” which seem to get under other people’s skin as they wish they were Christmas parties. Some people are simply asking a question about why others should be […]
I have expressed my love of music on my blog before, but there is a difference in simply saying you love it and truly being thankful for something. For me, I a truly thankful for music for several reasons and that’s what rates a mention here in my 30 days of thanks series. There is […]
Do you remember when it seemed like everyone enjoyed art? You know, back before grades and competition got involved? When we could use paste and construction paper with a pair of scissors and crayons and come up with something that no matter how it looked, our parents would say how great it was? LOVED those […]
How often do you say “thank God it’s Friday!” with enthusiasm? Well for me, it is truly enthusiastically that I say it tonight! I’ve said it several times today and truly meant it too! But I didn’t realize that I could have been singing it all day! This is so fun that it will likely […]
I’m not sure this really counts as a post of thanks in the way some do it, but for Wordless Wednesday, I decided to share a song of thanks. That way I leave the expressing of thanks to a song I really enjoy — “Kind and Generous” by Natalie Merchant. I want to thank the […]
I have worked on several mergers over my career and have to say, the news I’ve been seeing my sister Leslie post as status updates has had me shaking my head for a while. But yesterday’s adventure, was too much…. it pushed me to the blogging point which is sort of like the tipping point […]
- Celebrating November by Giving 30 Days of Thanks October 31, 2013
- Why Shouldn’t I Say Merry Christmas? Happy Holidays Isn’t the Same! December 5, 2013
- Facing An Identity Crisis Head On March 12, 2014
- Remembering Miss Dot (Dot Hester) The Way She Deserves to be Remembered March 2, 2014
- Top 15 Things You Can Do to Survive Extreme Cold — Tips from a Panel of Experts January 3, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: Niche, Nelly & Norton Grapes April 19, 2014
- Committing to a Blog Refresh & Getting the Help of Friends April 19, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: McDonnell Douglas, Museum of Transportation, Metrolink, & Magic House April 17, 2014
- Climate Change & The Video that has Me Thinking About It April 16, 2014
- St Louis A to Z: Laclede, Lewis & Clark and Lemp Mansion April 15, 2014
- Remembering Norman Borlaug and Looking to the Future - a colorful adventure: […] would have been Borlaug’s birthday...
- Cella Delsing: This information is amazing. I have to do a proje...
- Janice Person: Thanks Linda. I hope you are lucky enough to have ...
- Linda Brendle: Janice, what a sweet tribute you've written about...
- Janice Person: LOL Susi! I have to say, having seen South Florida...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!