The question in the title of this post — How did you work before email? — is something that I was asked a few months ago. And the person asking it was genuinely confused by how communications work was done without email and all the digital tools we use on a daily basis. The honest […]
Archive | popular culture RSS feed for this section
It seems like a long time since I lived in New York sometimes, others it seems like just yesterday. Getting back to New York a few times this year, I’ve had a few chances to stumble into memories. I was surprised to have a cab let a colleague and I out across the street from […]
These days when I talk with friends, I frequently find out that they are running all sorts of directions with after-school activities. There are full slates of sports — baseball, football, hockey, soccer and more. There are also all the arts and languages — piano, painting, Japanese school, and seemingly millions more. But I rarely […]
Halloween is definitely a holiday that has a permanent home in the memories of American kids. I’m not sure how many of us remember a specific costume or a specific party, but the holiday itself…. that was something that caught our imaginations for weeks if not months in advance. Everyone discussed costume ideas or whether this […]
Have you ever had vines that get started and just can’t stop? They go places you don’t want them to be and claim things you want left alone. Every summer, the vines in my yard get a bit bolder. Every year I think about what to do about it…. I could rip them up and […]
The discussion about gay marriage has been a long time coming. This summer has raised it to new levels and the Supreme Court decision in Obergfell v. Hodges was a shifting point for so many. Since then we have seen increased polarization of the discussion of the topic in several circles. I’ve seen people I love and […]
Like you, over the last few weeks, I have seen and heard more about the Syrian refugees who are carrying what little they can in their hands and walking from country to country to find a home. Every time I see another newscast or photo online, the faces of Syrians fleeing for their lives get […]
This summer as many of us were thinking about the change that Jon Stewart’s leaving “The Daily Show” would have on infotainment, I had a chance to get a lot of insight into one of the regular guests on his show — the Pakistani girl named Malala Yousafzai who has become a global champion for girl’s […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- My 50th Birthday was So Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO November 24, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- When Seeing All 50 States Sounded Out of Reach November 22, 2015
- A Heart-Stopping Midnight Visit to Denny’s November 21, 2015
- How did you work before e-mail? The Pre-Internet Office November 20, 2015
- Janice Person: Thanks Kim. I have to say the full video has a lot...
- Janice Person: Thanks! Appreciate your stopping by!...
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was a great one!...
- kimrlang: Awesome video and pictures! Early in my radio care...
- My 50th Birthday was Certainly Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO: […] you may have seen yesterday, I traveled ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- #Sunset was a few hours ago but is staying with me #utahgram https://t.co/Rmadxb985L https://t.co/bFyrecu2r5
about 5 hours ago
- It was a wowser sort of day at #zionnationalpark #utahgram #travel https://t.co/rusdTv3NzQ https://t.co/PbAvHCi1ZK
about 5 hours ago
- The sandwich is pretty good! https://t.co/Hcq8e7FWaq https://t.co/dKWBHa8Tco
about 13 hours ago
- Not sure if I am going to get pie but I had to capture this tag line after seeing billboar… https://t.co/tkMqYK90AY https://t.co/k4hP4LP3sZ
about 13 hours ago
- #ontheblog today.... Video from my first helicopter flight #utahgram #linkinprofile https://t.co/bVCznUENaM https://t.co/sXk1P9Hzbv
about 15 hours ago