So often as I travel at the holidays, I find myself wondering about my fellow man. With my day starting off with a rainy, icy mess, I have to admit my hopes weren’t too high. But I tried to be a bright spot with only friendly glances and words. I worried this would be a […]
Archive | travel RSS feed for this section
When it comes to amazing experiences, sometimes you try to plan everything to the nth degree and other times you do a few things and the rest just fall into place. My trip to Prague was punctuated by an amazing experience on my final night in town. Ellen had asked earlier whether I like opera […]
Recently I decided to get myself backpack travel ready again. It has been a few years since I’ve packed for trips in a backpack, in part because I usually travel for business and it seems I can secure business clothes better in a roller bag. But it is also because my big travel backpack suffered […]
Those of you who have read the blog frequently may remember a few birthdays I have had. I try to make them truly memorable and frequently find myself embarking on an adventure of one sort or another. Last year was seeing my 50th state from a helicopter, the year before I went to the White […]
This evening as I headed home, I assumed it would be a quiet day on planes and in airports. But I have never been in a gate where the crowd was so loud! And everyone had on near matching shirts so I asked a girl named Erika who had on her Southwest nametag, why there […]
I was home last weekend (seeing my peeps & eating all the yummy Memphis foods!) #901rocks tweets had been in my feed but my sister had already gotten all involved in the 901 rocks fun! It is a really cool idea started by some folks who enjoy Memphis and thought something as simple as a rock […]
It is rare that I am on Twitter and see a few tweets, choose to do a series of tweets that really should be a blog post. That’s exactly what happened tonight as I saw friends talking about #901Day — since 901 is the area code for Memphis (my beloved hometown), it is a great […]
International travel and planning for it is so exciting. Choosing countries and cities to go to. Thinking about the new cultures you’ll get to know and new people to meet. The break from your day-to-day routine. And so much more. With all of that, passports are frequently an afterthought for those of us who have […]
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- Top 5 Memphis Foods to Eat for 901 Day & Any Other Day! September 1, 2016
- Whether it is 901 Rocks or #901Rocks, it is Lots of Fun September 10, 2016
- The First Bad Winter Weather Took Me Sideways A Bit December 17, 2016
- The Texas Dryland Cotton Crop Looks Good This Year VIDEO October 5, 2016
- If asked, what does cotton feel like? How would you answer? February 18, 2017
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today January 21, 2017
- That Time I Attended the Presidential Inauguration January 19, 2017
- What do farmers do in the winter? January 4, 2017
- My New, New Year’s Tradition — Creating a Memory Jar December 31, 2016
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] think that the decisions we make about h...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] Through all of that I have been able to ...
- DebbieLB @ KidsCowsandGrass.com: Wow! What a great opportunity! My mom and dad atte...
- That Time I Attended the Presidential Inauguration | a colorful adventure: […] I could swing it all. The prep got real ...
- Why I Grow GE Crops - Food Dialogues: […] the case of glyphosate (Roundup) resista...