Every year as Mother’s Day approaches, there is that pondering of gifts we all go through. It isn’t that we really think buying our moms something is what they want, but we all want to show our moms how incredibly special they are to us. That’s why I was so happy to have a good […]
Archive | travel RSS feed for this section
Jake and Jessie Wyrill joined Jake’s family farming in Kirwin, Kansas as they graduated from Kansas State and got married. The family grows corn, grain sorghum/milo, soybean, wheat, and alfalfa. We also raise Black Angus and Hereford cattle. What’s one thing that makes your farm unique? We are blessed to have the opportunity to farm with […]
The Saint Louis Zoo. Just the words pique my interest! I can remember hearing incredible things about it for quite a while before I went and when I finally got there, I wondered what had taken me so long! It is a mainstay in my list of things guests need to see. In fact, not […]
The role of YMCA in every city is something to take note of. I remember growing up and the Y was right across from our local library branch… lots of summer bike rides to that part of the neighborhood! Those small Ys probably are all closed now, but when I think of all the programs […]
We all knew that the letter X would be hard to come up with in most of the A to Z efforts, but having a local help me meant that it was easy! St. Francis Xavier College Church is actually the first church I think I went to in St. Louis. The Jesuit Church is […]
There are lots of places to go in St. Louis that start with the letter W so it was a bit hard to decide which few things to focus on, but I knew immediately which one would take first billing — Washington University. Washington University I will confess to not knowing much about Washington University […]
I have been meaning to write this post for more than a month now but I kept leaving something behind as I traveled. One of the great things about being home for a while is I am reminding myself of all those things I’ve been meaning to do and while I don’t have time to […]
The letter V in my St. Louis A to Z was a challenge I have to admit! Luckily, my friend Danielle from the office came through for me with not one but TWO things in St. Louis that start with the letter V but I have dragged my feet on this so much that one changed […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto May 22, 2015
- Why The Loss of BB King Feels So Personal May 15, 2015
- Soaking Up the Sun and Tulips May 13, 2015
- The Perfect Mother’s Day Gift for Both Her & Me! May 9, 2015
- Caring & Understanding on Two Z Dairy Farms (Farms A to Z) April 30, 2015
- Alicia Schmitt: Oh this makes me excited! I'm going to have to ch...
- Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids: I have heard of Quora but have never really checke...
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto: […] of times on my personal blog if you are ...
- Harold: It's salt to purify the dohyo. Dates back to Shin...
- UrbLife: This is so awesome that you spotlight farmers, par...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Love walking past these on the way to & from my office! Know @RedneckRosarian would enjoy #gardenchat #Roses http://t.co/lyyulB4EIg
about 1 hour ago
- Focus is the keyword of the day for me today! Lots to do and a lot of meetings taking up my time too.
about 10 hours ago
- JP REWIND Make a Touch of Mardi Gras at Home http://t.co/9N9ftCkKJo #agawareness #agriculture #children #food #foodfarm
about 12 hours ago
- JP REWIND Watching World Cup Soccer and Thinking Cotton! http://t.co/E1HV5APdr9 #cotton #personalinsight #travel
about 24 hours ago
- Best part of the #BandofBrothers marathon is they follow it up with the real Easy Company guys. #MemorialDay
about 1 day ago