Thought some of you may enjoy seeing this guest post I wrote for my good friend Ryan Goodman over on Agriculture Proud. He’s been doing a series of posts on the different kinds of careers within agriculture people are proud of having. This is a glimpse at the post but I encourage you to visit […]
Tag Archives | agvocacy
Doing chores… I’ve found out that doing chores is one of those things that means different things to different people. At least, I always meant something different than some of my social media friends mean. Let me state it clearly…. city chores or different from those on the farm, especially if there is livestock involved! […]
I posted the poem “I’m just a farmer, plain and simple” by Bobby Collier a little while ago as a tribute to a friend’s grandpa. The blog post has amazed me. It resonates with a lot of people who read my blog and it’s drawn others in thanks to web searches, etc. The idea of […]
It has been a career long observation that being a woman and working in agriculture puts the odds in my favor, at least when it’s break time during a big meeting and the room empties to the restrooms. The near dichotomy of being a woman in ag is something that has shifted since I started […]
I don’t think of my school days often, but this time of year, I remember teachers complaining that some of us had gotten spring fever and needed to calm down. It only became more pronounced when I lived in Oklahoma and New York. But once I was working and living in the midst of agriculture, wow. […]
Okay, it’s Monday morning, I’m eating breakfast, checking some stuff on the web, watching the news — generally goofing off til I “go to work.” And I saw something that got me pumped up. And then I realized that most of my family would think this officially made me the biggest dork ever. It was […]
One of the things that strikes me is how it can seem at times like it is so hard to start conversations about agriculture with someone in the city. Today reminded me that it can also be very simple. It’s National Agriculture Day and I had thought about heading to a friend’s farm to see […]
It is a hot topic in agriculture — lots of discussions about agriculture are being held online. One of the points that several have made clearly is agriculture’s messages are being communicated online and if farmers want to be part of the conversation, they need to be on the major social media networks. And while […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- My 50th Birthday was So Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO November 24, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- When Seeing All 50 States Sounded Out of Reach November 22, 2015
- A Heart-Stopping Midnight Visit to Denny’s November 21, 2015
- How did you work before e-mail? The Pre-Internet Office November 20, 2015
- Janice Person: Thanks Kim. I have to say the full video has a lot...
- Janice Person: Thanks! Appreciate your stopping by!...
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was a great one!...
- kimrlang: Awesome video and pictures! Early in my radio care...
- My 50th Birthday was Certainly Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO: […] you may have seen yesterday, I traveled ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- #Illinois state troopers ain't playing with speeders today. Have seen 11 with last 10 min.
about 2 hours ago
- It only takes a spark to get a fire going, and soon all those around... https://t.co/Jj1Gr7Ke2J https://t.co/Z4sBvekPpO
about 18 hours ago
- JP REWIND A Custom-Painted Truck Sharing the Love of Cotton https://t.co/pomJuoFZzr #cotton #popularculture
about 18 hours ago
- Snapped a photo of the misty view of camp just before dinner! https://t.co/TSyt5ULqyO https://t.co/Eeqpq8V36L
about 19 hours ago
- Love that Jake is willing to lend a hand on the dishes! https://t.co/tzSGSrDmpA https://t.co/SXfP7V4CTJ
about 19 hours ago