Thought some of you may enjoy seeing this guest post I wrote for my good friend Ryan Goodman over on Agriculture Proud. He’s been doing a series of posts on the different kinds of careers within agriculture people are proud of having. This is a glimpse at the post but I encourage you to visit […]
Tag Archives | agvocacy
Doing chores… I’ve found out that doing chores is one of those things that means different things to different people. At least, I always meant something different than some of my social media friends mean. Let me state it clearly…. city chores or different from those on the farm, especially if there is livestock involved! […]
I posted the poem “I’m just a farmer, plain and simple” by Bobby Collier a little while ago as a tribute to a friend’s grandpa. The blog post has amazed me. It resonates with a lot of people who read my blog and it’s drawn others in thanks to web searches, etc. The idea of […]
It has been a career long observation that being a woman and working in agriculture puts the odds in my favor, at least when it’s break time during a big meeting and the room empties to the restrooms. The near dichotomy of being a woman in ag is something that has shifted since I started […]
I don’t think of my school days often, but this time of year, I remember teachers complaining that some of us had gotten spring fever and needed to calm down. It only became more pronounced when I lived in Oklahoma and New York. But once I was working and living in the midst of agriculture, wow. […]
Okay, it’s Monday morning, I’m eating breakfast, checking some stuff on the web, watching the news — generally goofing off til I “go to work.” And I saw something that got me pumped up. And then I realized that most of my family would think this officially made me the biggest dork ever. It was […]
One of the things that strikes me is how it can seem at times like it is so hard to start conversations about agriculture with someone in the city. Today reminded me that it can also be very simple. It’s National Agriculture Day and I had thought about heading to a friend’s farm to see […]
It is a hot topic in agriculture — lots of discussions about agriculture are being held online. One of the points that several have made clearly is agriculture’s messages are being communicated online and if farmers want to be part of the conversation, they need to be on the major social media networks. And while […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- I am Janice Person and I am St. Louis #WeAreSTL Video November 26, 2014
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto May 22, 2015
- Why The Loss of BB King Feels So Personal May 15, 2015
- Soaking Up the Sun and Tulips May 13, 2015
- The Perfect Mother’s Day Gift for Both Her & Me! May 9, 2015
- Caring & Understanding on Two Z Dairy Farms (Farms A to Z) April 30, 2015
- Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids: I have heard of Quora but have never really checke...
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto: […] of times on my personal blog if you are ...
- Harold: It's salt to purify the dohyo. Dates back to Shin...
- UrbLife: This is so awesome that you spotlight farmers, par...
- UrbLife: Such a nice story, and memories you can share for ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- JP REWIND Visiting With Dear Friends From Turkey Leaves Me REALLY Tired & Wordless http://t.co/yiFMvNtFFd #photo
about 1 hour ago
- How does #cotton get from #farm2fabric? @doughmesstic knows! http://t.co/QFYP8CyJ5X
about 1 hour ago
- JP REWIND Planking Fun for Wordless Wednesday http://t.co/GEJk6nc3jX #photo #popularculture
about 13 hours ago
- NEW POST: Interesting how @Quora gives me a chance to tell my work story http://t.co/im81lLmBT4 http://t.co/vEvXwMXrwz
about 16 hours ago
- JP REWIND How Cool Would it be if Cotton Could Repel Water and Sun? http://t.co/6pWXek1dgF #agawareness #agriculture #cotton #foodfarm
about 1 day ago