Thought some of you may enjoy seeing this guest post I wrote for my good friend Ryan Goodman over on Agriculture Proud. He’s been doing a series of posts on the different kinds of careers within agriculture people are proud of having. This is a glimpse at the post but I encourage you to visit […]
Tag Archives | agvocacy
Doing chores… I’ve found out that doing chores is one of those things that means different things to different people. At least, I always meant something different than some of my social media friends mean. Let me state it clearly…. city chores or different from those on the farm, especially if there is livestock involved! […]
I posted the poem “I’m just a farmer, plain and simple” by Bobby Collier a little while ago as a tribute to a friend’s grandpa. The blog post has amazed me. It resonates with a lot of people who read my blog and it’s drawn others in thanks to web searches, etc. The idea of […]
It has been a career long observation that being a woman and working in agriculture puts the odds in my favor, at least when it’s break time during a big meeting and the room empties to the restrooms. The near dichotomy of being a woman in ag is something that has shifted since I started […]
I don’t think of my school days often, but this time of year, I remember teachers complaining that some of us had gotten spring fever and needed to calm down. It only became more pronounced when I lived in Oklahoma and New York. But once I was working and living in the midst of agriculture, wow. […]
Okay, it’s Monday morning, I’m eating breakfast, checking some stuff on the web, watching the news — generally goofing off til I “go to work.” And I saw something that got me pumped up. And then I realized that most of my family would think this officially made me the biggest dork ever. It was […]
One of the things that strikes me is how it can seem at times like it is so hard to start conversations about agriculture with someone in the city. Today reminded me that it can also be very simple. It’s National Agriculture Day and I had thought about heading to a friend’s farm to see […]
It is a hot topic in agriculture — lots of discussions about agriculture are being held online. One of the points that several have made clearly is agriculture’s messages are being communicated online and if farmers want to be part of the conversation, they need to be on the major social media networks. And while […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Celebrating a Turkish Wedding (VIDEO) July 12, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video) June 28, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video): […] ballooning experience was a great compli...
- thedeeremilkmaid: Love visiting that neck of the woods the past few ...
- You Can Learn from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video): […] but I have to admit, ding this post now ...
- Janice Person: They can be so motivating! Some great things being...
- Janice Person: Thanks a bunch! I have been traveling so much rece...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Had such a great experience ballooning in #Cappadocia #Turkey, what did I learn? http://t.co/qDFHR3pwaT http://t.co/Aa5g3BNHiz
about 52 mins ago
- They have the best fries! #stl https://t.co/QKUI1zkKPG
about 2 hours ago
- How else would you serve them? :) #stl https://t.co/6cOyf6TLzx
about 2 hours ago
- JP REWIND Enjoying A Quick Trip to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania http://t.co/NQlIoi4j5o #travel
about 11 hours ago
- NEW POST: Some of the things I learned thanks to a hot air balloon ride http://t.co/qDFHR3H72r #travel #Turkey http://t.co/oPcOIxfr0X
about 14 hours ago