This spring has been a bit nuts. Not only have we had weird cold snaps and some pretty significant storms, but I have been traveling a lot and all of those things come together to delay my seeing those precious cotton plants getting their start this spring. But today, as I drove back to St. […]
Tag Archives | Arkansas
I love finding new bloggers and really love it when one of them finds me and connects! That’s what happened a few weeks ago when an Arkansas woman subscribed to my blog. I looked at her blog and thought “Wow. She seems like so many people I know!” Since then comments and emails have gone […]
As I drove up to St. Louis last Sunday, I noticed some field work being done. Some planters running. My guess is the crop going in the ground was soybeans as we are getting too late for cotton and definitely too late for corn in Arkansas & West Tennessee. I noticed the sandbags that have […]
Thursday I was returning to Memphis after a long visit in St. Louis. The drive home was one I had been looking forward to. It had been a tough time in my part of the world. Some of the big notes were I drove through a night of storms on my way up, a tornado ripped […]
I recently saw the following headline in the Delta Farm Press: Dell, Ark., gin celebrates one millionth bale. The article was really interesting: “Twenty-one years ago, Clarence called me about building a gin,” said Weiner. “I can’t remember how much money we were trying to raise. But it finally took root. It’s good to see […]
I had a few thoughts on True Grit that I wanted to share. If you read my previous post on True Grit, it is clear that I loved the movie. I was pumped to see the movie got 10 Oscar nominations with five of the “big categories” including: Best Picture Best Direction Best Adapted Screenplay […]
I just saw the 2010 remake of “True Grit.” I loved the movie! Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon and Haille Steinfeld were all incredible! And yes, watching one of this years hit movies, a western no less, made me get to blogging! Why? Well, if you’ve seen the movie you may be able to guess, but […]
Appreciate Marshall Sigsby giving me & another cotton tweep down our way — Jeremy Bullington from the University of Arkansas Extension Service a couple of harvest time shout outs. Seems like years ago we finished harvest — in record time I am happy to say! The photo below is of photo below is a beautiful field […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Celebrating a Turkish Wedding (VIDEO) July 12, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- Janice Person: Glad you enjoyed it! I had no idea you had a ballo...
- Fred Pond: Awesomeness Janice!, and brings back some wonderfu...
- Janice Person: LOL! Love it! Typos happen. Thanks for commenting....
- Debra Johnson: Amazing not axing. ?...
- Debra Johnson: Thank you for adding this to your blog on balloon ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Have you wondered who owns America's Farms? A lot of info in a minute! #farm #food #family http://t.co/88xckOCVe8
about 10 hours ago
- JP REWIND St. Louis A to Z: Cardinals, City Museum, Central West End & More http://t.co/HwYC8wST1K #travel
about 19 hours ago
- #thatmomentwhen you wanted to buy a gift card for someone & that is the only link on the store's site that is broken!
about 20 hours ago
- I love seeing people dance in sync but I am more likely to Dance to the beat of my own accordion… https://t.co/Nn5BsqHdBk
about 23 hours ago
- I always learn something when I hear this guy talk! #bees #buzz #beehealth https://t.co/0eG6eqWWEQ
about 1 day ago