When I looked at the two farms for Z, the words care and understanding came to mind. The photos for today really show that connection to the animals in the care of these farmers on a couple of family dairy farms. Zweber Farms Some of you may have remembered my visit to an organic dairy […]
Tag Archives | beef
When one of my farmer friends named Val asked me whether I wanted her to be listed by her blog or whether I wanted the Vals to be listed together, I knew what I had to do. Yep, I needed the letter V to be about two farmers named Val! These two women raise kids, drive […]
The letter R brings us to two dear friends who have really helped me learn a lot about agriculture in the past few years. Such an honor to have them on the blog for this farm a to z. Ryan Goodman / Ranching in Montana The words “ranching in Montana” have a mystique to them […]
Amy H. Robinette is the owner of Micro Summit Processors and co-owner of Harris-Robinette Beef, and is known online as NC Meat Mom. Her family farm and meat processing company are east of Raleigh in Micro, NC. I was recently in her neighborhood without realizing how close I was and I’m still bummed we didn’t have a […]
I have two great women to feature today for the start of my A to Z Challenge! A Kansas Farm Mom Nicole Small, aka A Kansas Farm Mom, is a farmer I met thanks to social media and if I remember it right, I first met her in person in Hutchison, Kansas cause she’s from […]
We had so much fun meeting each other that I think I’ve used almost all my words. We’ll let the slideshow do the Wordless Wednesday talking for me even if it just became Thursday here.
Since so many of my friends helped with the Flat Stanley project, I wanted to share some of my favorite photos of Flat Stanley’s coloring genius — my nephew Jake! Jake was here on spring break for a great four-day weekend. We got the chance to see a bunch of family & friends and got […]
Sillybands are a craze for kids. I got a set of the most unique silly bands I’ve seen at the 2010 Arkansas State Fair!
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto May 22, 2015
- Why The Loss of BB King Feels So Personal May 15, 2015
- Soaking Up the Sun and Tulips May 13, 2015
- The Perfect Mother’s Day Gift for Both Her & Me! May 9, 2015
- Caring & Understanding on Two Z Dairy Farms (Farms A to Z) April 30, 2015
- Alicia Schmitt: Oh this makes me excited! I'm going to have to ch...
- Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids: I have heard of Quora but have never really checke...
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto: […] of times on my personal blog if you are ...
- Harold: It's salt to purify the dohyo. Dates back to Shin...
- UrbLife: This is so awesome that you spotlight farmers, par...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Finally going to catch the movie Selma. Love a late night movie now and then. Can't believe I never saw this in the theater!
about 8 hours ago
- JP REWIND Flight Delays Mean 12 Hours of Going Nowhere but Home http://t.co/n5LdRaPVGX #travel
about 10 hours ago
- #thatmomentwhen a friend sees a #cotton boll, thinks of you, posts a shoutout & makes you #smile https://t.co/NdOPZFhfL2
about 13 hours ago
- Love seeing this car in my neighborhood! https://t.co/vGhkxIS882
about 21 hours ago
- JP REWIND Your Brooks Brothers Shirt May Have Started in El Paso, Texas http://t.co/4iuUkCrMyF #agawareness #agriculture #cotton #foodfarm
about 22 hours ago