Those of you who have read the blog frequently may remember a few birthdays I have had. I try to make them truly memorable and frequently find myself embarking on an adventure of one sort or another. Last year was seeing my 50th state from a helicopter, the year before I went to the White […]
Tag Archives | birthday
We’ve all heard of or seen dramatic scenes in TVs and movies where lots of the loved ones in someone’s life get together for an intervention. Sometimes as they tell the intervenee they have a problem, folks end up telling each other where to go. That sounds pretty ugly. Recently a bunch of my friends and […]
As you may have seen yesterday, I traveled to my 50th state — Utah! — to celebrate my 50th birthday. Sure that is a lot of celebration, but I decided to take it up another notch — you know, go big or go home. I decided to do a helicopter tour of Bryce Canyon National Park […]
This year I had another birthday to remember! I’ve mentioned before how much I enjoy having a variety of experiences on my birthdays having celebrated quietly with dear family and friends, marked my birthday pheasant hunting in California or getting my hands hennaed in India. This year, I wasn’t sure how I would spend the day. […]
Today was another in a long line of birthdays for me. Some of you know how many but I’m not telling mainly because I generally try to live a bit younger than the calendar shows. Choosing How to Celebrate Since my birthday is frequently alongside Thanksgiving, it has been easy to celebrate with awesome people […]
This morning (August, 2, 2010) one of the first things to come across my screen was that it was Mike Haley‘s birthday. By the time I opened Twitter and caught my first glimpses of my tweet stream, it was loudly mooing! The laughter and memories had struck me before the loudness of Twitter but it sure […]
I love it when my blog gets people talking & last week’s food poll on barbecue sure did that! It even spurred a certain friend to tell me that he was taking me on! And yes, he mounted a campaign on Facebook and Twitter AND YET MEMPHIS pulled pork won! To promote some healing, I’d […]
- The Texas Dryland Cotton Crop Looks Good This Year VIDEO October 5, 2016
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- The First Bad Winter Weather Took Me Sideways A Bit December 17, 2016
- A Small Contribution to Feeding the World this Week October 16, 2016
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) November 27, 2016
- What You Should Know Before Buying Sheets March 25, 2017
- The Torture of a Middle Seat and So Much More March 9, 2017
- We Heard Her Scream “Help!” February 26, 2017
- If asked, what does cotton feel like? How would you answer? February 18, 2017
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today January 21, 2017
- What You Should Know Before Buying Sheets | a colorful adventure: […] cotton 101 […]...
- Is Agribusiness getting serious about sustainability? – NREL CMS: […] online videos and social media outlets w...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] think that the decisions we make about h...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] Through all of that I have been able to ...
- DebbieLB @ KidsCowsandGrass.com: Wow! What a great opportunity! My mom and dad atte...