I have done a few different blogging and social media challenges in the past couple of years, but have to say the A to Z Challenge may have been the toughest! And even though someone has suggested that I should start again with AA and BB, I’m taking a break from the series — at [...]
Tag Archives | blog
For the last several weeks, I have been doing small things to tweak my blog. I doubt anyone even noticed it, but it took quite a few hours. My efforts were coordinated with a very small group of farm bloggers put together by Judi Graff aka the FARMnWIFE. At first I thought I could let [...]
This past year was a great one for both me and my blog, mainly because the blog is a personal one I guess. I have had a lot going on and I have shared a lot of it here on the blog. As I wrote this, I really enjoyed reviewing 2012. So while most of [...]
I have been distracted from blogging recently and need something to get my but into gear. That’s what I was thinking this week when I saw Holly Spangler set a stake in the ground to write a blog post everyday for the month of November. As I was thinking it through, I was nudged as Katie [...]
It has been a little while since I did a post in my social media hero series, but this weekend I was clearly reminded of one I needed to write up. That’s because Danyelle Little and her Show Me the Blog conference has rocked my world again. Yeah, I know I wrote about the conference [...]
In the next few weeks there are a few things going on that you really need to know about and act on now so you can get as much awesomeness as I expect to! So going chronologically you need to know about Show Me the Blog St. Louis #SMBSTL and Smalltown 140. Let me tell [...]
I love taking photos and with that comes the knowledge that some folks are going to dodge the camera. And I’ve had friends and family who just ignore me for the bulk of the time, which is fine. The person who draws the camera either tries to stay oblivious to it or enjoys hamming it [...]
Last week’s #blogchat included sponsorship with Pilot Pen USA and the idea to take ink to our blogs — #PowerToThePen so to speak. I decided to go ahead and give it a shot. I am pleased with the work my pen & paper session gave me. As usual, having the direct connection from thoughts to [...]
- G is for GMOs — What are GMOs & Why Do Farmers Plant GMO Crops? April 8, 2013
- A is for Agriculture — an A to Z Series about Agriculture April 1, 2013
- Cotton Gin in Kansas Made Me Pump My Brakes February 19, 2013
- Stereotype Busters And A Need to Vent March 1, 2013
- E is for Elevator — an A to Z Series about Agriculture April 5, 2013
- How to Edit Mobile Photos Quickly & Without Expensive Software May 19, 2013
- Reviving My Series of Food Polls With Apples! Which is your favorite? May 17, 2013
- Left Wordless By Visiting a Flower Farm — Lots of Irises & Peonies! May 14, 2013
- What’s with that Hayden Panettiere cotton commercial? May 6, 2013
- Lessons Learned Through My Blogging Challenge, an A to Z on Agriculture May 4, 2013
- Julee K: Just read this... nice. Good advice and I liked t...
- Janice Person: I have played around with several but for some rea...
- bocafrau: There are so many great apps out there. I really n...
- Janice Person: Good ideas! ...
- Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids: I think one of your food polls should be what new ...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!