Sometimes it takes me longer to get around to answering a question than it should. I recently saw some things about cotton planting and a light bulb went off reminding me I had promised to answer a few questions from my friend Kevin at The Cotton Boll Conspiracy. He asked: What’s the planting range for cotton […]
Tag Archives | California
Last fall I had the chance to learn a lot about olive production in northern California thanks to farmer Irv Leen of Gold Rush Farms. Although I had seen quite a few olive trees while traveling in Turkey and Israel, visiting Irv’s was the first time for me to be able to visit with an […]
One of the more unique stops during my trip through Oregon and California this winter, thanks to my Twitter friend Mark Lathrop aka Twitter’s @SustainableWood, was a visit to a saw mill in Anderson, California. The only other time I had seen a sawmill, was a very small one in India without many modern technologies. This sawmill was […]
I got off track with all the holidays and travel but I am excited to finally get back to telling some of the stories from my Oregon and California Roadtrip! I’ve got several story prompts already but I’d welcome more people checking out the compilation of vacation photos and asking questions. I love that […]
I love that people are willing to help me figure out which stories to share first from the adventures I had in Oregon and California! The first person to reply to my request for opinions was a fellow blogger here in St. Louis! I haven’t met her yet, but Yokasta Schneider of Get U Moving Fitness is a […]
Today I drove through the mountains for a while and had the rare sight of great sun, but when I stopped for a quick break, I realized rain was nearby. Enjoyed catching this rainbow and thought I’d share it with you! To see other posts in the series of 30 days of daily blogging, just click […]
My friend David Hayden asked me today whether I had a top 10 list of cotton states. He tweeted: @JPlovesCOTTON do you have a blog post with the top ten #cotton producing states or know where I can find such a list? — David Hayden (@Davidhayden7) August 26, 2012 I didn’t have a top 10 […]
As you may have seen, I am asking various people who love cotton to guest post for the blog. Today’s photos were meant to be a wordless Wednesday post but I turned a bit more wordy. Ooops! The photos were sent by farmer Travis Fugitt (@TFugitt on Twitter) who knows this is my first planting […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- I am Janice Person and I am St. Louis #WeAreSTL Video November 26, 2014
- Caring & Understanding on Two Z Dairy Farms (Farms A to Z) April 30, 2015
- Mr. Ray Young, The Farmer Who Won My Heart (Farms A to Z) April 29, 2015
- X Marks the Spot… The Spot for The X-Farms (Farms A to Z) April 28, 2015
- Teaching the Next Generation on Walker & Wilson Farms (Farm A to Z) April 27, 2015
- How Many Farmers Named Val Do You Know? (Farms A to Z) April 25, 2015
- Jing: Thank you very much! By the way, I like your blog ...
- Janice Person: that would be fine...
- Jing Chai: Hi, I'm Jing, a student from China. I've written...
- Janice Person: Yeah, that was really strange. Living in St. Louis...
- Janice Person: Agreed! Springtime is the perfect time to start th...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter