The holidays are always a lot of hustle and bustle and 2014 will be no different. Lots of friendly faces and happy places. There is so much to be done and I’m lucky to have a lot of flexibility with my schedule. Not only does Monsanto give us the time between Christmas & New Years off, but […]
Tag Archives | Christmas
I love small towns and the parades they have. I’ve seen cars, trucks and tractors pulling floats for homecoming, celebrating the nation’s birthday or honoring our veterans. I think there is something unique about how some small towns celebrate holidays and Christmas is certainly one that you can find some in small towns going all […]
I have been playing with the holiday WordSwag app and came up with a couple of graphics that showcased the true meaning of Christmas. They also proved fairly popular on my Facebook and Instagram feeds so I wanted to share them here as Christmas wishes for you. Hopefully I’ll get some other holiday pictures together […]
Christmas is a great time of the year and I have to say it has motivated me to blog several times. Last year, I wrote (and sang) the “12 days of Cotton” and I’ve also written a post about the Top 12 Indisputable Facts About Santa Being a Cowboy or Farmer. And if you look on the list […]
It happens every year. In December, I see the comments from people about wishing others Merry Christmas or the push to use Happy Holidays. There are “holiday parties” which seem to get under other people’s skin as they wish they were Christmas parties. Some people are simply asking a question about why others should be […]
Last year, I never got around to putting up my Christmas tree. I had that long vacation visiting friends in Oregon & California and a bunch of other things going on, and just never found time. It has happened before, last year the only decorations I got out was the nativity set that I got […]
Last week, I finally met one of my youngest cousins. She wasn’t sure about me, insisting she was shy until she realized I was willing to play with her and my camera. And that’s when her true personality came out. Love the variety of expressions! Share Tweet +1 Pin Share Share Reddit Stumble
Over the last two weeks, I have seen some really neat 12 days of Christmas posts. And along the way, I got inspired to put together the “12 Days of Cotton.” Seemed like a fun thing to do. I wrote it down last week and am just getting it to the blog. I hope you […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- Looking for Builders instead of Demolition Teams September 30, 2015
- Adding My Voice to the Discussion on Religion & Immigration December 8, 2015
- Welcoming the Year of the Monkey / Chinese New Year 2016 February 8, 2016
- A World of Change in Seven Years of Tweeting February 2, 2016
- Remembering My Most Terrifying Travel Experience February 1, 2016
- Cotton Bolls — What makes this one so small? January 27, 2016
- …But I Remember Putting It In a Safe Place January 25, 2016
- Martiniano Chapa: Thanks for all those pictures about cotton, it tak...
- Brian: Love the cotton pics, Janice. Always fun to see cr...
- Janice Person: Testing....
- A Tale of Two Cotton Bolls -- What makes them look that way? : […] smaller than the bolls I see in cotton f...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] Flights get cancelled quickly. Highways ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Lovin' the bonus love from the @marriotthotels this afternoon! Tina & Tahneshia Rock! Thanks Allie:)
- Love when I find myself in a crowd of High Plains #cotton farmers #happyplace
- Happy soybeans in a growth chamber that simulates the Brazilian environment #imisssummer
- #Didyouknow that each brown silk on an ear of corn indicates that silk was pollinated & signals it is trying to grow a kernel of corn #farm #agriculture #speakag #food #sweetcorn #makinmehungry
- Insects like this soybean looper can wreak havoc on a #farm! #averyhungrycatepillar
- One of my fave dishes #Pork at @pastariastl :) #stl #stleats #stlfood
- Celebrating this guy turning 40! #oldfriends #birthday
- This day didn't go as planned but a bit of time in #Memphis with a stop at this place..... Who am I to complain?
- Wrote up a post about the #yearofthemonkey events in #stl #Ontheblog #linkinbio
- Ready for #memphis #bbq at @centralbbq with my peeps as we watch the Panthers in #superbowl50 #itsagoodday
- It's a day to #gored for heart health. Special shoutout to my girl @swaraimedia for all she's done for her personal heart health this year!
- Lovin' the cocktails at Lulu as I hear more about #lunarnewyearstl #yearofthemonkeystl #hosted
- Lovin' the bonus love from the @marriotthotels this afternoon! Tina & Tahneshia Rock! Than… https://t.co/XX3WqTspdc https://t.co/EDTZ1UWYLN
about 8 hours ago
- Love when I find myself in a crowd of High Plains #cotton farmers #happyplace https://t.co/ivIELe4SJn https://t.co/iLXtTrTa20
about 14 hours ago
- Happy soybeans in a growth chamber that simulates the Brazilian environment #imisssummer https://t.co/bA9DiqVV81 https://t.co/Lqv4nLP9Sb
about 14 hours ago
- #Didyouknow that each brown silk on an ear of corn indicates that silk was pollinated & si… https://t.co/H6zlYuu3D0 https://t.co/kGt6wgAgA5
about 14 hours ago
- Insects like this soybean looper can wreak havoc on a #farm! #averyhungrycatepillar https://t.co/jLIGbjFaSG https://t.co/MrdjXo0udA
about 14 hours ago