There are so many songs that talk about cotton… many I sing routinely and don’t think twice about. The blues is probably what comes to mind most. Some songs, I just can’t shake, even if I try and try. The one that I’ve heard over and over since childhood is called “Cotton Fields.” They say […]
Tag Archives | cotton
It will sound strange, but those of you who know me probably expect strange from me at times. I woke up yesterday and headed to the Memphis airport. Memphis where I was born & raised, attended grad school & am living now. It’s where I have family and fear friends. I love the river, the […]
Okay, it’s Monday morning, I’m eating breakfast, checking some stuff on the web, watching the news — generally goofing off til I “go to work.” And I saw something that got me pumped up. And then I realized that most of my family would think this officially made me the biggest dork ever. It was […]
Several weeks ago I was in Texas for a field day & some meetings. Threw this video together quickly and figured now that I’ve started the blog, I may as well just post it here. No reason I should expect folks to go find it on YouTube. Anyway, if you don’t know how important water […]
As I flew into Lubbock this week, I stared out the window. No matter how many times I see the High Plains, I’m always taken by how different it is than the other places I visit. In fact, I’d say it’s different than all the places I visit. I love it. I was also lovin […]
- The Texas Dryland Cotton Crop Looks Good This Year VIDEO October 5, 2016
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- The First Bad Winter Weather Took Me Sideways A Bit December 17, 2016
- A Small Contribution to Feeding the World this Week October 16, 2016
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) November 27, 2016
- The Torture of a Middle Seat and So Much More March 9, 2017
- We Heard Her Scream “Help!” February 26, 2017
- If asked, what does cotton feel like? How would you answer? February 18, 2017
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today January 21, 2017
- That Time I Attended the Presidential Inauguration January 19, 2017
- Is Agribusiness getting serious about sustainability? – NREL CMS: […] online videos and social media outlets w...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] think that the decisions we make about h...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] Through all of that I have been able to ...
- DebbieLB @ KidsCowsandGrass.com: Wow! What a great opportunity! My mom and dad atte...
- That Time I Attended the Presidential Inauguration | a colorful adventure: […] I could swing it all. The prep got real ...