I was just scanning through some things and saw this bit of history from Cotton Inc: On May 20, 1873, an American icon was born when Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis were given a patent for their copper rivet fasteners for denim trousers. The blue jean has since secured its place in American culture and […]
Tag Archives | denim
Saw this video floating around and have to admit, it left me wordless. I see a few familiar faces (after all the cotton industry is pretty small). But somehow, I didn’t know anything about this video til this week! And it was shown at a meeting SIX MONTHS AGO! Great video that shows cotton from […]
I have “liked” lot of brand pages on Facebook and have to admit, some of them eventually get unliked or hidden cause they just don’t seem to get the kinds of things I’d be interested to see from a brand. But some friends saw the Lee Jeans page this week and knew they had to […]
When I started the fabric of our lives series of guest posts, I thought about some of the people who could really help celebrate my favorite natural fiber. oddly, one of the names that came to mind is normally connected to sheep — my friend Sally Colby Scholle who lives in Pennsylvania & has sheep. […]
Cotton clothing — denim ones like old jeans — can be recycled, not only keeping them out of landfill but also offering a means of energy-efficient insulation for homes. Several companies are encouraging the environmentally practice.
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- How Lee Jeans Won My Heart & Hips August 19, 2015
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip August 17, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Julie Mellor-Trupp: A little late to the party, but I wanted to thank ...
- Wizzing Off to Milan | Budget Nomad: […] Remembering a Visit to Milan’s Duo...
- How Lee Jeans Won My Heart & Hips - a colorful adventure: […] few years ago though Lee Jeans got my at...
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip - a colorful adventure: […] Make sure the car is up for it — e...
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip - a colorful adventure: […] the last few years, I’ve found it ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Fun to see the #FamilyForward crowd in full superhero mode with @cmnhospitals #miracleband http://t.co/ouV9AJaWnE http://t.co/DlRHg2c2xL
about 48 mins ago
- JP REWIND Getting on the Field at a St. Louis Cardinals Game VIDEO http://t.co/0bAAhi2bJ0 #popularculture
about 20 hours ago
- Great night for a @cardinals ballgame #gocards #stl http://t.co/FshdCxml44 http://t.co/fLKaGWhfzo
about 23 hours ago
- Excited to bring #CampSci to #FamilyForward this weekend! #ilovemyjob https://t.co/bR3IPqmIrf
about 1 day ago
- So excited to be going to #BYOE15 as a sponsor this year with @MonsantoCo! Will be fun having farmers on-site!
about 1 day ago