I have been meaning to write this post for more than a month now but I kept leaving something behind as I traveled. One of the great things about being home for a while is I am reminding myself of all those things I’ve been meaning to do and while I don’t have time to […]
Tag Archives | education
Our goal for the “city girls on the farm” day was definitely to enjoy cotton harvest but on the way we saw something shiny and got distracted! The something shiny? Maybe you have already seen the photo and have already guessed. Spotting a Tractor These girls heads were turned by a John Deere! We saw […]
With the title of this post, you may be wondering how those three things could possibly fit together. Well let’s go one by one. The Ice Bucket Challenge Seems everyone on the planet has been ice bucket challenged — I did it at work when a group on the marketing team at Organic Valley challenge […]
Do you remember when it seemed like everyone enjoyed art? You know, back before grades and competition got involved? When we could use paste and construction paper with a pair of scissors and crayons and come up with something that no matter how it looked, our parents would say how great it was? LOVED those […]
I have talked a little about some of the thoughts I have about teachers as I talk about the cool stuff my sister does with the elementary school she works at. She does projects with earthworms to teach students about natural soil processes (and gives me worm dirt for Christmas) and goes all out to […]
Yesterday, I hopped on a plane to come to Louisville, KY. It’s a trip I haven’t made often, but I was excited about it because I was going to get to see a very different part of the world for a bit. Louisville is hosting the National FFA Convention (a lot of people remember FFA’s […]
Sometimes, there is a flash and you see things a little differently. That’s what sort of happened a few weeks ago. I had airline tickets to North Carolina & was making plans to see my nephew Jake of Flat Stanley fame here on the blog. I was also going to be leading some sessions on blogging […]
I recently read an article about how teaching is harder than it looks. It was a great article. But I have a really easy way to help inspire kids to read. Here’s the step-by-step: Find a teacher who is really committed to teaching. Who spends a good bit of summer “vacation” coming up with new […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Top Five Lessons I Learned in Drivers Ed November 30, 2015
- My 50th Birthday was So Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO November 24, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- When Seeing All 50 States Sounded Out of Reach November 22, 2015
- A Heart-Stopping Midnight Visit to Denny’s November 21, 2015
- Janice Person: Thanks Kim. I have to say the full video has a lot...
- Janice Person: Thanks! Appreciate your stopping by!...
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was a great one!...
- kimrlang: Awesome video and pictures! Early in my radio care...
- My 50th Birthday was Certainly Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO: […] you may have seen yesterday, I traveled ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Loved this red dragon roll tonight! @drunkenfish #dfgram https://t.co/vYbGRmJLRT https://t.co/K8ea3WhKIh
about 1 hour ago
- Sharing lessons I still remember from drivers Ed classes.... Several lessons get used rout… https://t.co/bot4Puyrws https://t.co/JuhMAvKulj
about 7 hours ago
- NEW POST: My top lessons learned from drivers ed https://t.co/73pVOJD9kt #roadtrips #drivingtestday https://t.co/PkNIgPRFGp
about 7 hours ago
- I wonder if I can convince @HollyButka to let me do fall & spring seasons like primetime TV. I'll work hard for high ratings!
about 9 hours ago
- Taking a recovery day today... just realized it is cyber Monday though & thinking I could shop!
about 10 hours ago