I have been meaning to write this post for more than a month now but I kept leaving something behind as I traveled. One of the great things about being home for a while is I am reminding myself of all those things I’ve been meaning to do and while I don’t have time to […]
Tag Archives | education
Our goal for the “city girls on the farm” day was definitely to enjoy cotton harvest but on the way we saw something shiny and got distracted! The something shiny? Maybe you have already seen the photo and have already guessed. Spotting a Tractor These girls heads were turned by a John Deere! We saw […]
With the title of this post, you may be wondering how those three things could possibly fit together. Well let’s go one by one. The Ice Bucket Challenge Seems everyone on the planet has been ice bucket challenged — I did it at work when a group on the marketing team at Organic Valley challenge […]
Do you remember when it seemed like everyone enjoyed art? You know, back before grades and competition got involved? When we could use paste and construction paper with a pair of scissors and crayons and come up with something that no matter how it looked, our parents would say how great it was? LOVED those […]
I have talked a little about some of the thoughts I have about teachers as I talk about the cool stuff my sister does with the elementary school she works at. She does projects with earthworms to teach students about natural soil processes (and gives me worm dirt for Christmas) and goes all out to […]
Yesterday, I hopped on a plane to come to Louisville, KY. It’s a trip I haven’t made often, but I was excited about it because I was going to get to see a very different part of the world for a bit. Louisville is hosting the National FFA Convention (a lot of people remember FFA’s […]
Sometimes, there is a flash and you see things a little differently. That’s what sort of happened a few weeks ago. I had airline tickets to North Carolina & was making plans to see my nephew Jake of Flat Stanley fame here on the blog. I was also going to be leading some sessions on blogging […]
I recently read an article about how teaching is harder than it looks. It was a great article. But I have a really easy way to help inspire kids to read. Here’s the step-by-step: Find a teacher who is really committed to teaching. Who spends a good bit of summer “vacation” coming up with new […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Celebrating a Turkish Wedding (VIDEO) July 12, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video) June 28, 2015
- St. Louis A to Z: Laclede, Lewis & Clark and Lemp Mansion: […] This year I am doing a St. Louis A to Z...
- Claire.Bartram: Hello Janice, just got a moment in between packing...
- email@example.com: you are amazing i too love agriculture...
- Claire Bartram: Will do, but am away for a couple of weeks, so wil...
- Janice Person: awesome! I'd love to see photos. Email me one to ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Wow. Its been 6 years since some of us in agriculture got Twitter to #moo as a birthday gift for @farmerhaley http://t.co/S56JRAKZ8m #farm
about 4 hours ago
- I don't really get into lots of bumper stickers, etc on my car but I love having reminders of great… https://t.co/9EFdNDo99s
about 21 hours ago
- JP REWIND Elvis & Agriculture - My Perspective http://t.co/y10ppJ8QQF #agawareness #agriculture #foodfarm #popularculture
about 2 days ago
- A fixture on #theloop that is still on my need to visit list #stl https://t.co/4eyLtk9P6s
about 2 days ago
- Mussels and fries.... A favorite appetizer and Three Kings does it perfectly! #stl #theloop https://t.co/s28jbRZq72
about 2 days ago