A couple of months ago, I saw one of these photos posted in one of the Facebook groups for farmers that I am in. I asked at the time that I be able to put it on my blog (since I love cotton so much). The photographer — family farmer Sue Leggett from North Carolina […]
Tag Archives | family farm
Greg, Nathan and Kendal have done it again! The guys who brought us “I’m Farming and I Grow It” bring us a parody of Gangnam Style that covers the family farm and agriculture! The song “Farmer Style” is good fun and I can actually understand the lyrics! They are so witty with the words and […]
Although I previously posted some photos I took the morning I visited Brent & Brooke Boersma on their family’s almond farm, I was holding out on you guys. I apologize for it. And I didn’t even realize I had held onto this so long til I looked for the video. Yes, once again, I’m getting […]
Did you know that September is National Rice Month? Well I was reminded when I got an email about a Delta high school student, Kevin Muzzi, who is teaching first and second grade kids about rice production. You see, Kevin’s family farms rice in Bolivar County, Mississippi, a place I called home for more than […]
One of the best parts of travel is getting to taste local specialties. That was certainly what I had in mind recently when I found myself hungry for breakfast in Michigan and looking at these! But I had to pause and ask the cashier what she thought of the cherry muffins. She immediately said “They […]
- Celebrating November by Giving 30 Days of Thanks October 31, 2013
- Why Shouldn’t I Say Merry Christmas? Happy Holidays Isn’t the Same! December 5, 2013
- Facing An Identity Crisis Head On March 12, 2014
- Remembering Miss Dot (Dot Hester) The Way She Deserves to be Remembered March 2, 2014
- If Monsanto is evil, what’s that say about me? About dialogue? February 10, 2014
- Climate Change & The Video that has Me Thinking About It April 16, 2014
- St Louis A to Z: Laclede, Lewis & Clark and Lemp Mansion April 15, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: Kemper Art Museum and Kiener Plaza April 14, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: John Goodman, Joplin House, Jefferson Barracks, Jewel Box & the Jefferson National Expansion April 14, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: Imo’s Pizza, Interstates and Ikea Dreams April 13, 2014
- Remembering Norman Borlaug and Looking to the Future - a colorful adventure: […] would have been Borlaug’s birthday...
- Cella Delsing: This information is amazing. I have to do a proje...
- Janice Person: Thanks Linda. I hope you are lucky enough to have ...
- Linda Brendle: Janice, what a sweet tribute you've written about...
- Janice Person: LOL Susi! I have to say, having seen South Florida...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!