When I looked at the two farms for Z, the words care and understanding came to mind. The photos for today really show that connection to the animals in the care of these farmers on a couple of family dairy farms. Zweber Farms Some of you may have remembered my visit to an organic dairy […]
Tag Archives | farm a to z
My first visit to a farm seems a million years ago and yet it also seems like yesterday. The farmer to host me for my first real farm visit, while I was in graduate school was Mr. Ray Young. I can’t imagine how often he and his wife Mrs. Dorothy have come to mind over […]
I tried all kinds of things to find a farm that started with an X. I searched through the total list of farm blogs for ideas. I posted in various Facebook groups where the farmers I know get together. So I guess X marks the spot of desperation! The spot that is being left blank. I’ll […]
I love thinking about kids and farms… and today’s post talks about some of the things two farms are doing to cultivate the future alongside the crops they cultivate. Bob Walker / Walker Farms The farm outside of Memphis that is a homebase of sorts for me, it is Bob Walker’s farm! His wife Marjory […]
When one of my farmer friends named Val asked me whether I wanted her to be listed by her blog or whether I wanted the Vals to be listed together, I knew what I had to do. Yep, I needed the letter V to be about two farmers named Val! These two women raise kids, drive […]
The Udder Side has been one of my favorite farm blogs since I stumbled onto it years ago. I know, there are so many awesome blogs… how could I possibly have favorites? Well, The Udder Side is a little warped and that is definitely something I enjoy. I mean what other farm blog is actually […]
You may want to refresh that cup of coffee before you sit down to read today’s post for the letter T in the farms A to Z cause today there is a lot to take in. Part of it seems to be a true excitement to share what’s happening with farms in the northeast. Jenni Tilton-Flood […]
Love it when I get to these letters where I have several awesome farms to celebrate on the given day! That’s the case with the letter S in the farm a to z so I won’t waste time getting started! Stauffer Dairy Brandon & Krista Stauffer run Stauffer Dairy in Eastern Washington. Milk from the Stauffer’s farm […]
- The Texas Dryland Cotton Crop Looks Good This Year VIDEO October 5, 2016
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- The First Bad Winter Weather Took Me Sideways A Bit December 17, 2016
- A Small Contribution to Feeding the World this Week October 16, 2016
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) November 27, 2016
- What You Should Know Before Buying Sheets March 25, 2017
- The Torture of a Middle Seat and So Much More March 9, 2017
- We Heard Her Scream “Help!” February 26, 2017
- If asked, what does cotton feel like? How would you answer? February 18, 2017
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today January 21, 2017
- What You Should Know Before Buying Sheets | a colorful adventure: […] cotton 101 […]...
- Is Agribusiness getting serious about sustainability? – NREL CMS: […] online videos and social media outlets w...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] think that the decisions we make about h...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] Through all of that I have been able to ...
- DebbieLB @ KidsCowsandGrass.com: Wow! What a great opportunity! My mom and dad atte...