When you head into Whole Foods or Ingles’ Markets to pick up some produce, you may be buying cabbage or broccoli that was grown on southwestern Virginia’s Cavin Farms. I had the chance to check out the farm on Sunday and wanted to share some of the photos of the produce operation here. Jonathan shows […]
Tag Archives | farm
In case you have missed it, the AgChat Foundation has an album of photos on its Facebook page. They are looking for the top 10 blog posts about agriculture this year. The blog posts in the set cover a wide range of topics, written by people in various parts of agriculture. I put the thumbnails […]
I recently went to visit my friends at Zweber Farms just outside of the Twin Cities. I wanted to share a few of the photos I took while visiting Tim & Emily there. Since my visit was a really quick on on a rainy day, I didn’t have a chance to see quite as much as […]
I hope others are enjoying my 30 days of thanks posts half as much as I am. Each day up I get to talk about whatever I want, just doing it from a mindset of gratitude. Today I want to bite off a major topic…. Much bigger than my last few days. Today I am […]
I have gotten a bit busy and haven’t kept up with the videos & posts from my great American roadtrip the way I wanted to, but I decided I really wanted to pull from all the cameras, video, etc. And then I get caught up in looking at all of the detail & reliving the […]
Sometimes, there is a flash and you see things a little differently. That’s what sort of happened a few weeks ago. I had airline tickets to North Carolina & was making plans to see my nephew Jake of Flat Stanley fame here on the blog. I was also going to be leading some sessions on blogging […]
Last week I was in Oregon for work and one of the great things about my job is that sometimes it’s so much fun I forget I’m working! I went on a farm tour with a bunch of folks. We went to Bushue Family Farm Market and Nursery, a family owned and operated nursery located […]
Last weekend I was in Oregon for work. As I headed back to Portland from Salem, I saw a flower farm and decided to get off of the interstate. I didn’t doubleback to that farm, but luckily I caught a sign for another one — it was Brooks Gardens in Brooks, OR (Brooks Gardens website, […]
- It’s Not All Rainbows & Unicorns with Mommy Bloggers May 5, 2014
- The Face of Liver Transplant is Different Today August 10, 2014
- After the Ferguson, Missouri Riot, I Made My First Trip There August 11, 2014
- Where do you stand on Selfies? Backer or Backlash? July 19, 2014
- Young Cotton Plants & 2014 Cotton Planting Progress to Date May 19, 2014
- My Unabiding Love of BB King & the Blues October 27, 2014
- Cotton Farmers are Raising Awareness in Breast Cancer October 23, 2014
- Sometimes I Do Something Stupid, Something Real Stupid aka Without My Friends I’d Still Be Stuck! October 21, 2014
- What cotton harvest problems can farmers have when it rains? October 19, 2014
- Enjoying A Quick Trip to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania September 24, 2014
- AgTechTalk | Tablets where did they come from? Day 13/30 Ag Tech Talk Blog: […] Janice Person: 30 Days of Giving Thanks...
- AgTechTalk | What’s next in Ag Technology?? Day 12/30 Ag Tech Talk Blog: […] Janice Person: 30 Days of Giving Thanks...
- AgTechTalk | Unmanned Aerial Systems Class. Day 10/30 Ag Tech Talk Blog: […] Janice Person: 30 Days of Giving Thanks...
- AgTechTalk | History of Combines. Day 7/30 Ag Tech Talk Blog: […] Janice Person: 30 Days of Giving Thanks...
- AgTechTalk | A New Coffee Shop, Twitter. Day 6/30 Ag Tech Talk Blog: […] Janice Person: 30 Days of Giving Thanks...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!