Shark Tank… Although I don’t watch the show routinely, I have watched it a number of times and find it very interesting. But I will admit that rarely do I see a product being pitched there that I give a lot of long-term thought to. And not many of the product pitches I’ve seen have […]
Tag Archives | farmer
Our goal for the “city girls on the farm” day was definitely to enjoy cotton harvest but on the way we saw something shiny and got distracted! The something shiny? Maybe you have already seen the photo and have already guessed. Spotting a Tractor These girls heads were turned by a John Deere! We saw […]
October is devoted to raising awareness in breast cancer. We see the NFL and Delta Airlines go pink to raise awareness but what can a cotton farmer do? How can you tell when a cotton farmer is committed to something? Well, the best examples are clear to the eye! October brings harvest time and modules are […]
I have to say, it has been too long since I stepped into a cotton field, so when people send me photos online reminding me where we are in the cotton season, I get pretty excited. Seemed like a good time to do a quick status check on the crop since a couple of people […]
On of the things that farmers have to worry about is whether or not their crops are going to fully mature. And while I think more than a few people can be watched closely for the same reason, with crops, it is a bit different. In order to harvest a crop, farmers want to be […]
On my lazy Saturday I finally got up and turned on the Olympics. I know, I missed Team USA playing hockey and I can live with that. But I get to catch more skeleton so I’m ok. I just saw this commercial…. before I say more, please watch it. So in this Geico Insurance ad, […]
This morning as I woke up and played lazy for a while, I scrolled through various social media sites and saw this question on Quora: That’s just the kind of honest question that comes to the mind of lots of folks on a regular basis — What is the advantage of using a herbicide for […]
In case you have missed it, the AgChat Foundation has an album of photos on its Facebook page. They are looking for the top 10 blog posts about agriculture this year. The blog posts in the set cover a wide range of topics, written by people in various parts of agriculture. I put the thumbnails […]
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!
- The Face of Liver Transplant is Different Today August 10, 2014
- After the Ferguson, Missouri Riot, I Made My First Trip There August 11, 2014
- I am Janice Person and I am St. Louis #WeAreSTL Video November 26, 2014
- Lessons Learned on My Spirograph December 27, 2014
- Sometimes I Do Something Stupid, Something Real Stupid aka Without My Friends I’d Still Be Stuck! October 21, 2014
- My First Visit to The Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial in DC January 18, 2015
- St. Louis A to Z: Union Station, USS Inaugural and Upper Limits January 17, 2015
- City Girls Getting Up Close to Cotton January 14, 2015
- Which states produce the most cotton? Acres, Pounds & More January 13, 2015
- St. Louis A to Z: Ted Drewes & Toasted Raviolis January 9, 2015
- Lynn: Oh this brings back memories. My mom used to make...
- Hayden Panettiere Cotton Commercial | Aula feel free: […] File Name : What’s with that hayden pa...
- Martha wiseman: I picked cotton from the field and want to plant t...
- Janice Person: What an incredible compliment! Thanks Leroy! Hope ...
- Leroy: Being an African American male it's not often I g...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter