Last week I was busily going about things & checked in on Twitter and somehow, almost miraculously I caught two tweets about Tennessee cotton. It was awesome! First came this one from Shane Kinne with the photo at right. https://twitter.com/S_Kinne/statuses/67708533143126017 Shane was down to learn about a cotton gin and although some may wonder what can […]
Tag Archives | farming
Life along the river is something that in many ways helps define my life. With the exception of my four years in Oklahoma, I’ve been within a few minutes of a major river. Of course the Mississippi has been the biggest part of that and hence the levee memories. But I also really enjoyed the […]
The idea for this poll came to me because of a rather poignant comment by a reader. The comment, like so many other things I’ve read and heard in the past year, gave me reason to pause and consider things a bit differently. I have always loved meat. And while I’ve pointed out my granddad […]
While at the Ag Media Summit, it was interesting to be called by my Twitter ID so much of the time. Somehow it has just caught hold. And when I set up the blog, it seemed a natural fit. A year ago, at the AgMS there were probably less than a dozen tweeps there. This […]
Another post in my series on Philippine agriculture — this one includes the basics of the Central Plains. As I mentioned before, the host for part of my vacation owns a seed company in The Philippines. We were excited to be going to a field day his company was hosting. I didn’t know what the […]
As I said, I’m making this learning vacation trip to NAILE… And while I have learned a bit from tweeps & tweets the last few days, I’m excited to finally be on my way! Right now, I’m tapping this from 30,000 feet or so – we haven’t made it far out of Memphis. I wanted […]
I continue to be amazed at the impact some time on a farm can do — for kids AND grownups! Tonight a friend I grew up spending parts of my summers with left me another point of evidence to this fact. She simply said “I thought of you today, when my son, David, won First […]
We all studied the industrial revolution that increased the way we could mass produce things in demand. And most of us in mainstream agriculture have participated in the biotech revolution. This morning as I was casting my vote for Michele Payn-Knoper for twitter user of the year… the phrase, social media ag revolution came to […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- My 50th Birthday was So Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO November 24, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- When Seeing All 50 States Sounded Out of Reach November 22, 2015
- A Heart-Stopping Midnight Visit to Denny’s November 21, 2015
- How did you work before e-mail? The Pre-Internet Office November 20, 2015
- Janice Person: Thanks Kim. I have to say the full video has a lot...
- Janice Person: Thanks! Appreciate your stopping by!...
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was a great one!...
- kimrlang: Awesome video and pictures! Early in my radio care...
- My 50th Birthday was Certainly Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO: […] you may have seen yesterday, I traveled ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- #Illinois state troopers ain't playing with speeders today. Have seen 11 with last 10 min.
about 4 hours ago
- It only takes a spark to get a fire going, and soon all those around... https://t.co/Jj1Gr7Ke2J https://t.co/Z4sBvekPpO
about 19 hours ago
- JP REWIND A Custom-Painted Truck Sharing the Love of Cotton https://t.co/pomJuoFZzr #cotton #popularculture
about 19 hours ago
- Snapped a photo of the misty view of camp just before dinner! https://t.co/TSyt5ULqyO https://t.co/Eeqpq8V36L
about 21 hours ago
- Love that Jake is willing to lend a hand on the dishes! https://t.co/tzSGSrDmpA https://t.co/SXfP7V4CTJ
about 21 hours ago