Last week I was busily going about things & checked in on Twitter and somehow, almost miraculously I caught two tweets about Tennessee cotton. It was awesome! First came this one from Shane Kinne with the photo at right. https://twitter.com/S_Kinne/statuses/67708533143126017 Shane was down to learn about a cotton gin and although some may wonder what can […]
Tag Archives | farming
Life along the river is something that in many ways helps define my life. With the exception of my four years in Oklahoma, I’ve been within a few minutes of a major river. Of course the Mississippi has been the biggest part of that and hence the levee memories. But I also really enjoyed the […]
The idea for this poll came to me because of a rather poignant comment by a reader. The comment, like so many other things I’ve read and heard in the past year, gave me reason to pause and consider things a bit differently. I have always loved meat. And while I’ve pointed out my granddad […]
While at the Ag Media Summit, it was interesting to be called by my Twitter ID so much of the time. Somehow it has just caught hold. And when I set up the blog, it seemed a natural fit. A year ago, at the AgMS there were probably less than a dozen tweeps there. This […]
Another post in my series on Philippine agriculture — this one includes the basics of the Central Plains. As I mentioned before, the host for part of my vacation owns a seed company in The Philippines. We were excited to be going to a field day his company was hosting. I didn’t know what the […]
As I said, I’m making this learning vacation trip to NAILE… And while I have learned a bit from tweeps & tweets the last few days, I’m excited to finally be on my way! Right now, I’m tapping this from 30,000 feet or so – we haven’t made it far out of Memphis. I wanted […]
I continue to be amazed at the impact some time on a farm can do — for kids AND grownups! Tonight a friend I grew up spending parts of my summers with left me another point of evidence to this fact. She simply said “I thought of you today, when my son, David, won First […]
We all studied the industrial revolution that increased the way we could mass produce things in demand. And most of us in mainstream agriculture have participated in the biotech revolution. This morning as I was casting my vote for Michele Payn-Knoper for twitter user of the year… the phrase, social media ag revolution came to […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- Looking for Builders instead of Demolition Teams September 30, 2015
- Adding My Voice to the Discussion on Religion & Immigration December 8, 2015
- Welcoming the Year of the Monkey / Chinese New Year 2016 February 8, 2016
- A World of Change in Seven Years of Tweeting February 2, 2016
- Remembering My Most Terrifying Travel Experience February 1, 2016
- Cotton Bolls — What makes this one so small? January 27, 2016
- …But I Remember Putting It In a Safe Place January 25, 2016
- Martiniano Chapa: Thanks for all those pictures about cotton, it tak...
- Brian: Love the cotton pics, Janice. Always fun to see cr...
- Janice Person: Testing....
- A Tale of Two Cotton Bolls -- What makes them look that way? : […] smaller than the bolls I see in cotton f...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] Flights get cancelled quickly. Highways ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- So this just happened
- Up front & center to see @hilljay45 talk about his #farm #ShowMeYFR
- Look who I found at #ShowMeYFR
- Listening to @daddystractor talk about how she reaches out from her farm to city moms #ShowMeYFR
- #thatmomentwhen someone tells me I can't sit at the #cotton table #showmeYFR
- Hope to talk with @wisefarmerbrown re: getting sweet corn donation grown on his #farm!
- #ShowMeYFR I am so inspired by the agricultural family that I have been adopted into. Via @wiseFarmerBrown
- Checking out some famous #Missouri peeps out. Satchel Paige, Mark Twain, Count Basie, Walt Disney & @chrischinnmo #showmeYFR #farmers
- Lovin' the bonus love from the @marriotthotels this afternoon! Tina & Tahneshia Rock! Thanks Allie:)
- Love when I find myself in a crowd of High Plains #cotton farmers #happyplace
- Happy soybeans in a growth chamber that simulates the Brazilian environment #imisssummer
- #Didyouknow that each brown silk on an ear of corn indicates that silk was pollinated & signals it is trying to grow a kernel of corn #farm #agriculture #speakag #food #sweetcorn #makinmehungry
- In Kansas City we like our drag queens like we like our cows, tipped #kcmo
about 4 hours ago
- Up front & center to see @hilljay45 talk about his #farm #ShowMeYFR https://t.co/AuhsjGmuvw https://t.co/OomOemcP0f
about 7 hours ago
- Look who I found at #ShowMeYFR https://t.co/QPEhtU9hfs https://t.co/KhVSosfBBZ
about 9 hours ago
- Fun hearing @daddystractor mention friends @MariaBrilaki & @TheSciBabe during #ShowMeYFR
about 10 hours ago
- Listening to @daddystractor talk about how she reaches out from her farm to city moms #Sho… https://t.co/nQIac5bgi6 https://t.co/VT1G2vrnKx
about 10 hours ago