Last week I was busily going about things & checked in on Twitter and somehow, almost miraculously I caught two tweets about Tennessee cotton. It was awesome! First came this one from Shane Kinne with the photo at right. https://twitter.com/S_Kinne/statuses/67708533143126017 Shane was down to learn about a cotton gin and although some may wonder what can […]
Tag Archives | farming
Life along the river is something that in many ways helps define my life. With the exception of my four years in Oklahoma, I’ve been within a few minutes of a major river. Of course the Mississippi has been the biggest part of that and hence the levee memories. But I also really enjoyed the […]
The idea for this poll came to me because of a rather poignant comment by a reader. The comment, like so many other things I’ve read and heard in the past year, gave me reason to pause and consider things a bit differently. I have always loved meat. And while I’ve pointed out my granddad […]
While at the Ag Media Summit, it was interesting to be called by my Twitter ID so much of the time. Somehow it has just caught hold. And when I set up the blog, it seemed a natural fit. A year ago, at the AgMS there were probably less than a dozen tweeps there. This […]
Another post in my series on Philippine agriculture — this one includes the basics of the Central Plains. As I mentioned before, the host for part of my vacation owns a seed company in The Philippines. We were excited to be going to a field day his company was hosting. I didn’t know what the […]
As I said, I’m making this learning vacation trip to NAILE… And while I have learned a bit from tweeps & tweets the last few days, I’m excited to finally be on my way! Right now, I’m tapping this from 30,000 feet or so – we haven’t made it far out of Memphis. I wanted […]
I continue to be amazed at the impact some time on a farm can do — for kids AND grownups! Tonight a friend I grew up spending parts of my summers with left me another point of evidence to this fact. She simply said “I thought of you today, when my son, David, won First […]
We all studied the industrial revolution that increased the way we could mass produce things in demand. And most of us in mainstream agriculture have participated in the biotech revolution. This morning as I was casting my vote for Michele Payn-Knoper for twitter user of the year… the phrase, social media ag revolution came to […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video) June 28, 2015
- It’s Time for an Ice Cream Cone! And Show from Turkey (Video) June 27, 2015
- Is it safe to travel in Turkey, esp, as a woman traveling alone? June 25, 2015
- Racism, History, My Family and Looking Deeper June 24, 2015
- Finding Peace & Quiet in Cappadocia’s Red Valley (Video) June 21, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video): […] of my daydreams about going to Cappadoci...
- It's Time for an Ice Cream Cone Show from Turkey (Video): […] to get some sun. Add to that it is Natio...
- Janice Person: Cool! Thanks for adding a team I hadn't thought o...
- Ibrahim Khan: Hi Ms.Person, I must say I am very surprised at h...
- grtgrace: Shockers of Wichita State...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- #theboy is wearing his "CAT the other white meat shirt" #carnivore https://t.co/OlB5TcKRS7
about 27 mins ago
- Playing cards with the #family #holidayweekendsrock #fivecrowns https://t.co/KQZDXFyr4n
about 31 mins ago
- This is becoming a really late breakfast but my goodness this is taking a while @ Bojangles' https://t.co/wXwj5dAKIY
about 4 hours ago
- JP REWIND Old Blue Takes the Top Spot on the Dairy http://t.co/gQVHHziZtN #agawareness #cotton #foodfarm #guestperspective
about 18 hours ago
- Love hearing a little Country Grammar from @Nelly_Mo this morning.... Ready to let it go.... From the Lou and proud :) #stl
about 1 day ago