Last week I was busily going about things & checked in on Twitter and somehow, almost miraculously I caught two tweets about Tennessee cotton. It was awesome! First came this one from Shane Kinne with the photo at right. https://twitter.com/S_Kinne/statuses/67708533143126017 Shane was down to learn about a cotton gin and although some may wonder what can […]
Tag Archives | farming
Life along the river is something that in many ways helps define my life. With the exception of my four years in Oklahoma, I’ve been within a few minutes of a major river. Of course the Mississippi has been the biggest part of that and hence the levee memories. But I also really enjoyed the […]
The idea for this poll came to me because of a rather poignant comment by a reader. The comment, like so many other things I’ve read and heard in the past year, gave me reason to pause and consider things a bit differently. I have always loved meat. And while I’ve pointed out my granddad […]
While at the Ag Media Summit, it was interesting to be called by my Twitter ID so much of the time. Somehow it has just caught hold. And when I set up the blog, it seemed a natural fit. A year ago, at the AgMS there were probably less than a dozen tweeps there. This […]
Another post in my series on Philippine agriculture — this one includes the basics of the Central Plains. As I mentioned before, the host for part of my vacation owns a seed company in The Philippines. We were excited to be going to a field day his company was hosting. I didn’t know what the […]
As I said, I’m making this learning vacation trip to NAILE… And while I have learned a bit from tweeps & tweets the last few days, I’m excited to finally be on my way! Right now, I’m tapping this from 30,000 feet or so – we haven’t made it far out of Memphis. I wanted […]
I continue to be amazed at the impact some time on a farm can do — for kids AND grownups! Tonight a friend I grew up spending parts of my summers with left me another point of evidence to this fact. She simply said “I thought of you today, when my son, David, won First […]
We all studied the industrial revolution that increased the way we could mass produce things in demand. And most of us in mainstream agriculture have participated in the biotech revolution. This morning as I was casting my vote for Michele Payn-Knoper for twitter user of the year… the phrase, social media ag revolution came to […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Celebrating a Turkish Wedding (VIDEO) July 12, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video) June 28, 2015
- Janice Person: awesome! I'd love to see photos. Email me one to ...
- Claire Bartram: Hello, I live in the UK and have had a go at plant...
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video): […] ballooning experience was a great compli...
- thedeeremilkmaid: Love visiting that neck of the woods the past few ...
- You Can Learn from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video): […] but I have to admit, ding this post now ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- JP REWIND Mourning the Death of a Family Member from a Distanc http://t.co/PhLGIgeegB #agawareness #agriculture #foodfarm #personalinsight
about 7 hours ago
- while others on the flight are stressing about delays... I'm coloring! #nevergrowup http://t.co/Dqc42Ahqkn
about 10 hours ago
- Ironic to hear someone say they empathize while they are tearing down a whole host of people they have been visiting.
about 11 hours ago
- I rarely leave home without them but really short flight and really quick trip they seemed unnecessary. Whewee these folks
about 11 hours ago
- #HaveMercy the stress people let themselves create because a flight is being delayed.... wishing I had my noise-cancelling headphones.
about 11 hours ago