I don’t share photos for throwback Thursday very often but for some reason, last week I pulled a long-time favorite photo of mine out. I thought of it because a couple of people have mentioned the new TV commercial where a girl buys a storage locker and tracks BB King down to sign it saying they […]
Tag Archives | feature
October is devoted to raising awareness in breast cancer. We see the NFL and Delta Airlines go pink to raise awareness but what can a cotton farmer do? How can you tell when a cotton farmer is committed to something? Well, the best examples are clear to the eye! October brings harvest time and modules are […]
I would love to pretend I always get things right. But sometimes, sometimes things just happen and I have to acknowledge that I have done something stupid. Recently I had a chance to soak up a lot of my stupidity and in the spirit of full disclosure, I realized later I needed to fess up. […]
This weekend, I accidentally called a friend who farms (ok, I butt dialed him) and he called me back. We enjoyed the serendipity of it all and had a good visit. As is always the case, weather was a major discussion point. Seems not only was Memphis cooler and wetter than I’d like but he could […]
Recently, my big sis & I decided to hit the road without much of a plan. When you do that, sometimes the success of your trip hinges on some of the earliest decisions you make. That may have been the case with our first full day on the road, one where we needed to make […]
I have to say, it has been too long since I stepped into a cotton field, so when people send me photos online reminding me where we are in the cotton season, I get pretty excited. Seemed like a good time to do a quick status check on the crop since a couple of people […]
With it being back to football season, I have been thinking about how badly I need to finish my St Louis A to Z. I mean I stopped at R and obviously that letter is getting a bit of attention these days! So we will start with the obvious one and then I have a […]
With the title of this post, you may be wondering how those three things could possibly fit together. Well let’s go one by one. The Ice Bucket Challenge Seems everyone on the planet has been ice bucket challenged — I did it at work when a group on the marketing team at Organic Valley challenge […]
- It’s Not All Rainbows & Unicorns with Mommy Bloggers May 5, 2014
- The Face of Liver Transplant is Different Today August 10, 2014
- After the Ferguson, Missouri Riot, I Made My First Trip There August 11, 2014
- Where do you stand on Selfies? Backer or Backlash? July 19, 2014
- Young Cotton Plants & 2014 Cotton Planting Progress to Date May 19, 2014
- My Unabiding Love of BB King & the Blues October 27, 2014
- Cotton Farmers are Raising Awareness in Breast Cancer October 23, 2014
- Sometimes I Do Something Stupid, Something Real Stupid aka Without My Friends I’d Still Be Stuck! October 21, 2014
- What cotton harvest problems can farmers have when it rains? October 19, 2014
- Enjoying A Quick Trip to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania September 24, 2014
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was fun to do!...
- Direct Seeding: Oh my goodness i love your blog! A-Z Agriculture-r...
- AgTechTalk | Tablets where did they come from? Day 13/30 Ag Tech Talk Blog: […] Janice Person: 30 Days of Giving Thanks...
- AgTechTalk | What’s next in Ag Technology?? Day 12/30 Ag Tech Talk Blog: […] Janice Person: 30 Days of Giving Thanks...
- AgTechTalk | Unmanned Aerial Systems Class. Day 10/30 Ag Tech Talk Blog: […] Janice Person: 30 Days of Giving Thanks...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!