When it comes to amazing experiences, sometimes you try to plan everything to the nth degree and other times you do a few things and the rest just fall into place. My trip to Prague was punctuated by an amazing experience on my final night in town. Ellen had asked earlier whether I like opera […]
Tag Archives | feature
Recently I decided to get myself backpack travel ready again. It has been a few years since I’ve packed for trips in a backpack, in part because I usually travel for business and it seems I can secure business clothes better in a roller bag. But it is also because my big travel backpack suffered […]
Those of you who have read the blog frequently may remember a few birthdays I have had. I try to make them truly memorable and frequently find myself embarking on an adventure of one sort or another. Last year was seeing my 50th state from a helicopter, the year before I went to the White […]
There is nothing else like it for me….. seeing cotton fields at sunset is totally unique. The softness of the colors of the sky and the soft textures of fiber tufting out from the rough and rugged plants is captivating. And after a decade or so of having that out my office window and on […]
The phrase feeding the world always makes me stop and wonder. It is such a mammoth pursuit. A massive goal that needs to be tackled in in more ways than I can count. Such a daunting task that it is hard to see progress. And yet Friday, in support of World Food Day, I had […]
While I was in Lubbock for work recently, I decided to add on a personal night so I could play in a couple of cotton fields! There is something about Texas dryland cotton that has always captured my imagination — heck my first video post shows a really short glimpse at it. The crop is […]
This evening as I headed home, I assumed it would be a quiet day on planes and in airports. But I have never been in a gate where the crowd was so loud! And everyone had on near matching shirts so I asked a girl named Erika who had on her Southwest nametag, why there […]
I was home last weekend (seeing my peeps & eating all the yummy Memphis foods!) #901rocks tweets had been in my feed but my sister had already gotten all involved in the 901 rocks fun! It is a really cool idea started by some folks who enjoy Memphis and thought something as simple as a rock […]
- I am LOVING the Olympics…. Who’s with me? August 11, 2016
- Quick & Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe (How-To Video) June 19, 2016
- My Mom’s Career Taught Us Lots of Life Lessons June 26, 2016
- In Search of the Perfect Tomato July 5, 2016
- Top 5 Memphis Foods to Eat for 901 Day & Any Other Day! September 1, 2016
- A Once-in-a-Lifetime Opera Experience in Prague December 5, 2016
- Things to Consider if You Are Buying a New Travel Backpack November 30, 2016
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) November 27, 2016
- That Time I Was in a Chinese GMO Documentary Video November 11, 2016
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- Where Is Tornado Alley? Here's What You Need To Know | The Weather Guide: […] Don’t be afraid of living in Torna...
- Janice Person: Very cool! You may want to make sure you have some...
- Judy: Hey JP, Wish I had found your blog sooner and do...
- : Thanks so much for all you do. We have a group sta...
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) | a colorful adventure: […] and frequently find myself embarking on ...