Weeks ago I saw a promo for Showtime’s new “Years of Living Dangerously” and knew I had to watch it. Then last week I went through the DVR menu to find the show and be sure the series was set. Then Sunday night I was glued to the TV as the show aired, featuring three […]
Tag Archives | feature
St. Louis A to Z: John Goodman, Joplin House, Jefferson Barracks, Jewel Box & the Jefferson National Expansion
With a star on the Delmar Loop’s walk of fame and a role in one of my favorite movies (The Big Lebowski), John Goodman has earned a prominent spot on my St. Louis A to Z. John Goodman I think John Goodman is probably one of those American actors that lots of people would like […]
I had been sure that H would be for The Hill, St. Louis’ Italian section of town. It is awesome and will certainly be covered here, but I decided to put a different H at the start of this list. H is for hockey. Hockey It may seem weird that I’d feature hockey. Afterall. I […]
It was no question for me what I’d write about with the letter “F” but obviously I am a little delayed. I let the size of the topic overwhelm me a little. While there are a few things that start with F that I think should be pointed out for St. Louis, Forest Park overshadows […]
One of my nearby places definitely deserves to take the lead in the “D” category! Delmar Loop When I was looking for a neighborhood I would call my own, I had friends in St. Louis showing me around before I even had a realtor. I have to admit, the Delmar Loop grabbed me and helped […]
What are the Cs of St. Louis? The third day into my A to Z on St. Louis has a lot to showcase. St. Louis Cardinals The St. Louis Cardinals are an amazingly unifying force in St. Louis. All year long, you see people wearing red. And Cardinals caps are a big part of the […]
Hopefully I find letters later in the alphabet that let me touch on just one topic, but it won’t be “B” cause there are just too many of them. And when it comes to seeing places like this, you really can’t go wrong! Missouri Botanical Garden St. Louis is home to the Missouri Botanical Garden — […]
Few Americans think of St. Louis without picturing the Arch on our skyline so it seemed fitting I put it here first and foremost. And the Arch is one of the top family adventures in the city. Anheuser-Busch also has a huge place in the city and just across the river is the town of […]
- Celebrating November by Giving 30 Days of Thanks October 31, 2013
- Why Shouldn’t I Say Merry Christmas? Happy Holidays Isn’t the Same! December 5, 2013
- Facing An Identity Crisis Head On March 12, 2014
- Remembering Miss Dot (Dot Hester) The Way She Deserves to be Remembered March 2, 2014
- If Monsanto is evil, what’s that say about me? About dialogue? February 10, 2014
- Climate Change & The Video that has Me Thinking About It April 16, 2014
- St Louis A to Z: Laclede, Lewis & Clark and Lemp Mansion April 15, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: Kemper Art Museum and Kiener Plaza April 14, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: John Goodman, Joplin House, Jefferson Barracks, Jewel Box & the Jefferson National Expansion April 14, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: Imo’s Pizza, Interstates and Ikea Dreams April 13, 2014
- Remembering Norman Borlaug and Looking to the Future - a colorful adventure: […] would have been Borlaug’s birthday...
- Cella Delsing: This information is amazing. I have to do a proje...
- Janice Person: Thanks Linda. I hope you are lucky enough to have ...
- Linda Brendle: Janice, what a sweet tribute you've written about...
- Janice Person: LOL Susi! I have to say, having seen South Florida...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!