When I moved to St. Louis several years ago, there were lots of neighborhoods to choose from and lots of factors I could look at but a few stood out. I didn’t want to have a long commute and I like a city that is diverse. The diversity of UCity (University City) stood out for […]
Tag Archives | feature
Sometimes you get a prompt to tell a story and you suddenly realize that you remember more detail years later than you realized. That’s exactly what happened to me recently when I saw this question: What is the most terrifying experience you have had while travelling? My guess is a story like that prompts a lot […]
Not sure how I lost track of this post about two cotton bolls. I started writing it in the fall when my friend Robyn of Robyn’s World first flagged me about a tweet she saw from Tara Ziegmont of Feels Like Home blog. Seems Tara had a small cotton boll from a plant her family […]
Seeing historic levels of snow heading to people along the East Coast, I can’t help but remember when I first lived in New York and I had NO CLUE how to handle a major snowstorm. I was lucky though since I rented from the family who lived in other parts of the property and they were well […]
This afternoon, I was able to enjoy the Metropolitan Opera’s new production of Bizet’s opera Les Pêcheurs de Perles (The Pearl Fishers). What is amazing about it is the incredible cultural experience happened while I was at home in St. Louis! I watched the Metropolitan Opera live stream! It was a unique experience that I […]
December always brings a lot of reflection about the year and this year has definitely followed that trend. Maybe even moreso since I had a big birthday and celebrated a month of memories. Here on the blog, I have a tradition of looking back at the past year — some of the things that readers […]
I grew up going to summer camps both individually and with my entire family to a place that remains a place of great importance for my family. In fact, we still gather there with a few other families we have known throughout generations. Some of you may have seen a post or two in the […]
We’ve all heard of or seen dramatic scenes in TVs and movies where lots of the loved ones in someone’s life get together for an intervention. Sometimes as they tell the intervenee they have a problem, folks end up telling each other where to go. That sounds pretty ugly. Recently a bunch of my friends and […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- Looking for Builders instead of Demolition Teams September 30, 2015
- Adding My Voice to the Discussion on Religion & Immigration December 8, 2015
- Welcoming the Year of the Monkey / Chinese New Year 2016 February 8, 2016
- A World of Change in Seven Years of Tweeting February 2, 2016
- Remembering My Most Terrifying Travel Experience February 1, 2016
- Cotton Bolls — What makes this one so small? January 27, 2016
- …But I Remember Putting It In a Safe Place January 25, 2016
- Martiniano Chapa: Thanks for all those pictures about cotton, it tak...
- Brian: Love the cotton pics, Janice. Always fun to see cr...
- Janice Person: Testing....
- A Tale of Two Cotton Bolls -- What makes them look that way? : […] smaller than the bolls I see in cotton f...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] Flights get cancelled quickly. Highways ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Celebrating this guy turning 40! #oldfriends #birthday
- This day didn't go as planned but a bit of time in #Memphis with a stop at this place..... Who am I to complain?
- Wrote up a post about the #yearofthemonkey events in #stl #Ontheblog #linkinbio
- Ready for #memphis #bbq at @centralbbq with my peeps as we watch the Panthers in #superbowl50 #itsagoodday
- It's a day to #gored for heart health. Special shoutout to my girl @swaraimedia for all she's done for her personal heart health this year!
- Lovin' the cocktails at Lulu as I hear more about #lunarnewyearstl #yearofthemonkeystl #hosted
- Checking out the lychee martini #chinesenewyear
- Getting the lowdown on lunar new year #chinesenewyear
- It is a red banner day at @monsantoco since Roundup Ready Xtend is ready to go! #plant16
- Love that Jerry is sharing the honey from the beehives on campus with me!
- Decided to combine getting a #pedicure with prep for #superbowl50. Love that she did whisker-like touches for me! #carolinapanthers #keeppounding #gameprep
- There are some things you just can't shake.... Even though this happened YEARS ago, I felt my heart race a bit just writing the story. It's #Ontheblog #linkinbio #travel #traveler #traveldiaries #atl #atlanta #terrifyingtuesday #traveltuesday
- Celebrating this guy turning 40! #oldfriends #birthday https://t.co/rNyaooOMR2 https://t.co/5GpyClr4zU
about 8 hours ago
- JP REWIND Love Those Cotton Blue & Gold FFA Jackets! A Guest Post from An Advocate for Ag https://t.co/GNf4ljzZk9 #cotton #guestperspective
about 18 hours ago
- Wondering who I'll see in KC this weekend for the @AFBFYFR annual convention.... And is there a hashtag? :)
about 19 hours ago
- Adam's loss could be your gain.... who's interested in attending #dad2summit? It will be awesome! https://t.co/8aDkjOcvo7
about 1 day ago
- JP REWIND "Big Ag" Only Seems Faceless VIDEO https://t.co/UsMNjemdOG #socialmedia
about 2 days ago