Our goal for the “city girls on the farm” day was definitely to enjoy cotton harvest but on the way we saw something shiny and got distracted! The something shiny? Maybe you have already seen the photo and have already guessed. Spotting a Tractor These girls heads were turned by a John Deere! We saw […]
Tag Archives | feature
In October, I spent several days in Memphis. On one trip, you may remember I got stuck in the mud on a turnrow in a cotton field and I became one of the problems cotton farmers can have when it rains at harvest time! A couple of weeks later, I returned to Memphis and with […]
A couple of weeks ago temps dropped and I have to admit, I was surprised. I was in Kentucky to celebrate a friend’s wedding and kept thinking how badly I wanted my gloves. But the weather quickly normalized and I repressed the fear of a harsh winter. After several days this week of truly frigid […]
This weekend I was at a blogger conference called Blogalicious and had the chance to meet several awesome people. One of them Roni is from Charlotte, North Carolina and while we were in a masterclass on pursuing your passion for profit, I realized we shared a passion for travel! This morning as I was catching […]
I don’t share photos for throwback Thursday very often but for some reason, last week I pulled a long-time favorite photo of mine out. I thought of it because a couple of people have mentioned the new TV commercial where a girl buys a storage locker and tracks BB King down to sign it saying they […]
October is devoted to raising awareness in breast cancer. We see the NFL and Delta Airlines go pink to raise awareness but what can a cotton farmer do? How can you tell when a cotton farmer is committed to something? Well, the best examples are clear to the eye! October brings harvest time and modules are […]
I would love to pretend I always get things right. But sometimes, sometimes things just happen and I have to acknowledge that I have done something stupid. Recently I had a chance to soak up a lot of my stupidity and in the spirit of full disclosure, I realized later I needed to fess up. […]
This weekend, I accidentally called a friend who farms (ok, I butt dialed him) and he called me back. We enjoyed the serendipity of it all and had a good visit. As is always the case, weather was a major discussion point. Seems not only was Memphis cooler and wetter than I’d like but he could […]
- The Face of Liver Transplant is Different Today August 10, 2014
- After the Ferguson, Missouri Riot, I Made My First Trip There August 11, 2014
- Where do you stand on Selfies? Backer or Backlash? July 19, 2014
- Sometimes I Do Something Stupid, Something Real Stupid aka Without My Friends I’d Still Be Stuck! October 21, 2014
- Feeling the Cotton Love on a Dairy Farm! June 12, 2014
- City Girls Checking Out a Soybean Field November 22, 2014
- Two City Girls on the Farm for a Day November 17, 2014
- I Need to Just Accept Cold & Move On…. November 16, 2014
- Witnessing or Dealing with In Flight Medical Emergencies November 9, 2014
- My Unabiding Love of BB King & the Blues October 27, 2014
- Shauna Ferguson-Farver: Love having all these amazing resources in one pla...
- Janice Person: LOL! I am sure I'd love the weather in Hawaii but...
- Janice Person: Thanks! You go girl!...
- IowaMeetsMaui: Might I suggest a transfer to Hawaii? I felt just...
- shana: I have stuck with you ! You inspire me Janice!...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!