I was just scanning through some things and saw this bit of history from Cotton Inc: On May 20, 1873, an American icon was born when Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis were given a patent for their copper rivet fasteners for denim trousers. The blue jean has since secured its place in American culture and […]
Tag Archives | fiber
This is another one of the “no brainer” posts for my 30 days of thanks series. I am sure some of you were beginning to wonder whether I was going to wait and make this my grand crescendo at the end or something, but I have to admit, that I’m not really that organized! LOL! […]
Some of you know my dear friend Marjory and some of you may even remember photos I shared of her & her girls when they came to St. Louis to spend spring break with me. Well in the past week, Marjory has posted two really cute photos that I asked if I could make my […]
This weekend, I drove to Memphis to visit family and eat awesome barbecue. And on both my drive down and drive back home to St. Louis, I got distracted by the cotton fields along the highway…. and yes, I had to stop! I mean really. Stopping in random cotton fields to see what’s happening that […]
After writing more than 100 blog posts on cotton, it can be fun to watch posts keep showing up in my stats. There are a few posts that seem to show up frequently. They are posts that help explain things people may be interested in or that people find here or there and want to […]
If you are a fan of Hayden Panettiere, you know the actress has made a name for herself by playing the tomboy daughter of a football coach, a high school cheerleader and hero who can produce fire and a rising star in Nashville who has more than a few personal problems. Well, she is drawing […]
When I was thinking about doing this, it was letters like Q, X and Z that made me wonder if I could really do it. The video I shot as I showed a friend around Memphis came to mind quickly. Although Steve had worked in cotton for years off and on, seeing how cotton was […]
The cotton crop is nearing harvest and as you can see this field is no longer putting on flowers, the leaves are turning brown and maroon and beginning to drop and more bolls are opening. The field is in Hayti, Missouri. Unlike the video I shared recently that showed blooms at the top of the […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Celebrating a Turkish Wedding (VIDEO) July 12, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- Janice Person: Glad you enjoyed it! I had no idea you had a ballo...
- Fred Pond: Awesomeness Janice!, and brings back some wonderfu...
- Janice Person: LOL! Love it! Typos happen. Thanks for commenting....
- Debra Johnson: Amazing not axing. ?...
- Debra Johnson: Thank you for adding this to your blog on balloon ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- JP REWIND St. Louis A to Z: Cardinals, City Museum, Central West End & More http://t.co/HwYC8wST1K #travel
about 28 mins ago
- #thatmomentwhen you wanted to buy a gift card for someone & that is the only link on the store's site that is broken!
about 1 hour ago
- I love seeing people dance in sync but I am more likely to Dance to the beat of my own accordion… https://t.co/Nn5BsqHdBk
about 4 hours ago
- I always learn something when I hear this guy talk! #bees #buzz #beehealth https://t.co/0eG6eqWWEQ
about 9 hours ago
- NEW POST: A Q&A about Hot Air Balloon Rides http://t.co/wm04rxKcGC #travel #vacation http://t.co/dsCmIareqL
about 15 hours ago