This is another one of the “no brainer” posts for my 30 days of thanks series. I am sure some of you were beginning to wonder whether I was going to wait and make this my grand crescendo at the end or something, but I have to admit, that I’m not really that organized! LOL! […]
Tag Archives | fiber
Some of you know my dear friend Marjory and some of you may even remember photos I shared of her & her girls when they came to St. Louis to spend spring break with me. Well in the past week, Marjory has posted two really cute photos that I asked if I could make my […]
This weekend, I drove to Memphis to visit family and eat awesome barbecue. And on both my drive down and drive back home to St. Louis, I got distracted by the cotton fields along the highway…. and yes, I had to stop! I mean really. Stopping in random cotton fields to see what’s happening that […]
After writing more than 100 blog posts on cotton, it can be fun to watch posts keep showing up in my stats. There are a few posts that seem to show up frequently. They are posts that help explain things people may be interested in or that people find here or there and want to […]
If you are a fan of Hayden Panettiere, you know the actress has made a name for herself by playing the tomboy daughter of a football coach, a high school cheerleader and hero who can produce fire and a rising star in Nashville who has more than a few personal problems. Well, she is drawing […]
When I was thinking about doing this, it was letters like Q, X and Z that made me wonder if I could really do it. The video I shot as I showed a friend around Memphis came to mind quickly. Although Steve had worked in cotton for years off and on, seeing how cotton was […]
The cotton crop is nearing harvest and as you can see this field is no longer putting on flowers, the leaves are turning brown and maroon and beginning to drop and more bolls are opening. The field is in Hayti, Missouri. Unlike the video I shared recently that showed blooms at the top of the […]
Last weekend as I drove through the Missouri Bootheel, I saw cotton fields at various stages of development. In fact, I found one field that had a lot of bolls on it and was still blooming too, so it gave me a chance to show a lot of the different stages of growth for cotton. […]
- Celebrating November by Giving 30 Days of Thanks October 31, 2013
- My Biotech Weekend — I Met Julie from Sleuth 4 Health June 27, 2013
- Google Glass On The Farm? Extreme AgNerds Scout Cotton October 29, 2013
- An Example of the Benefit from #BlogChat & Go To List of BlogChatters October 6, 2013
- My Blog Community Totally Rocks! Here’s Who & Why July 23, 2013
- My Visit to an Organic Dairy — Wordless Wednesday December 4, 2013
- Thankful for an INCREDIBLE Thanksgiving Weekend! December 1, 2013
- Thankful for Discoveries & Inventions November 30, 2013
- Thankful for So Many Friends Who Join in My Love of Farming November 28, 2013
- Thankful for People Who Take Action When the Chips are Down November 27, 2013
- Janice Person: Well and next time I hope to have more time, thoug...
- Emily @ Zweber Farms: I am so glad you got to visit Janice! Next time yo...
- Celebrating November by Giving 30 Days of Thanks: […] Day 22: Thankful for Funny Pictures ...
- Celebrating November by Giving 30 Days of Thanks: […] Day 24: I Love Chocolate! Incredibly...
- Celebrating November by Giving 30 Days of Thanks: […] 13: Thankful for Such a Great Family! ...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!