I was just scanning through some things and saw this bit of history from Cotton Inc: On May 20, 1873, an American icon was born when Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis were given a patent for their copper rivet fasteners for denim trousers. The blue jean has since secured its place in American culture and […]
Tag Archives | fiber
This is another one of the “no brainer” posts for my 30 days of thanks series. I am sure some of you were beginning to wonder whether I was going to wait and make this my grand crescendo at the end or something, but I have to admit, that I’m not really that organized! LOL! […]
Some of you know my dear friend Marjory and some of you may even remember photos I shared of her & her girls when they came to St. Louis to spend spring break with me. Well in the past week, Marjory has posted two really cute photos that I asked if I could make my […]
This weekend, I drove to Memphis to visit family and eat awesome barbecue. And on both my drive down and drive back home to St. Louis, I got distracted by the cotton fields along the highway…. and yes, I had to stop! I mean really. Stopping in random cotton fields to see what’s happening that […]
After writing more than 100 blog posts on cotton, it can be fun to watch posts keep showing up in my stats. There are a few posts that seem to show up frequently. They are posts that help explain things people may be interested in or that people find here or there and want to […]
If you are a fan of Hayden Panettiere, you know the actress has made a name for herself by playing the tomboy daughter of a football coach, a high school cheerleader and hero who can produce fire and a rising star in Nashville who has more than a few personal problems. Well, she is drawing […]
When I was thinking about doing this, it was letters like Q, X and Z that made me wonder if I could really do it. The video I shot as I showed a friend around Memphis came to mind quickly. Although Steve had worked in cotton for years off and on, seeing how cotton was […]
The cotton crop is nearing harvest and as you can see this field is no longer putting on flowers, the leaves are turning brown and maroon and beginning to drop and more bolls are opening. The field is in Hayti, Missouri. Unlike the video I shared recently that showed blooms at the top of the […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Lessons Learned on My Spirograph December 27, 2014
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Prairie Californian Loves Sunflowers & Wheat (Farm A to Z) April 18, 2015
- Oh, Oh, Oh…. Farms that Start with the Letter O (Farm A to Z) April 17, 2015
- NC Meat Mom Delivers Grass-Fed Beef April 16, 2015
- Mmmmmm Good Farm Blogs in Michigan & Minnesota April 15, 2015
- Love the Family Connections Shown in these L Farms (Farm A to Z) April 14, 2015
- Oh, Oh, Oh.... Farms that Start with O, Farm A to Z: […] Active Farm Blogs […]...
- Amy Sipes: That Amy is a good egg. I think it has something t...
- Janice Person: You are welcome! Thanks for making it so easy! ...
- Ashley K: Thank you so much for featuring me today along sid...
- Mmmmmm Good Farm Blogs in Michigan & Minnesota: […] Messy Kennedy is the name of the farm bl...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter