I was just scanning through some things and saw this bit of history from Cotton Inc: On May 20, 1873, an American icon was born when Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis were given a patent for their copper rivet fasteners for denim trousers. The blue jean has since secured its place in American culture and […]
Tag Archives | fiber
This is another one of the “no brainer” posts for my 30 days of thanks series. I am sure some of you were beginning to wonder whether I was going to wait and make this my grand crescendo at the end or something, but I have to admit, that I’m not really that organized! LOL! […]
Some of you know my dear friend Marjory and some of you may even remember photos I shared of her & her girls when they came to St. Louis to spend spring break with me. Well in the past week, Marjory has posted two really cute photos that I asked if I could make my […]
This weekend, I drove to Memphis to visit family and eat awesome barbecue. And on both my drive down and drive back home to St. Louis, I got distracted by the cotton fields along the highway…. and yes, I had to stop! I mean really. Stopping in random cotton fields to see what’s happening that […]
After writing more than 100 blog posts on cotton, it can be fun to watch posts keep showing up in my stats. There are a few posts that seem to show up frequently. They are posts that help explain things people may be interested in or that people find here or there and want to […]
If you are a fan of Hayden Panettiere, you know the actress has made a name for herself by playing the tomboy daughter of a football coach, a high school cheerleader and hero who can produce fire and a rising star in Nashville who has more than a few personal problems. Well, she is drawing […]
When I was thinking about doing this, it was letters like Q, X and Z that made me wonder if I could really do it. The video I shot as I showed a friend around Memphis came to mind quickly. Although Steve had worked in cotton for years off and on, seeing how cotton was […]
The cotton crop is nearing harvest and as you can see this field is no longer putting on flowers, the leaves are turning brown and maroon and beginning to drop and more bolls are opening. The field is in Hayti, Missouri. Unlike the video I shared recently that showed blooms at the top of the […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- Looking for Builders instead of Demolition Teams September 30, 2015
- How did you work before e-mail? The Pre-Internet Office November 20, 2015
- A World of Change in Seven Years of Tweeting February 2, 2016
- Remembering My Most Terrifying Travel Experience February 1, 2016
- Cotton Bolls — What makes this one so small? January 27, 2016
- …But I Remember Putting It In a Safe Place January 25, 2016
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm January 22, 2016
- A Tale of Two Cotton Bolls -- What makes them look that way? : […] smaller than the bolls I see in cotton f...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] Flights get cancelled quickly. Highways ...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] some of the tips I have for dealing with...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] have a few problems keeping their temper...
- If misery loves company, this winter is filled with community!: […] winter is horribly cold in the central p...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- It's a day to #gored for heart health. Special shoutout to my girl @swaraimedia for all she's done for her personal heart health this year!
- Lovin' the cocktails at Lulu as I hear more about #lunarnewyearstl #yearofthemonkeystl #hosted
- Checking out the lychee martini #chinesenewyear
- Getting the lowdown on lunar new year #chinesenewyear
- It is a red banner day at @monsantoco since Roundup Ready Xtend is ready to go! #plant16
- Love that Jerry is sharing the honey from the beehives on campus with me!
- Decided to combine getting a #pedicure with prep for #superbowl50. Love that she did whisker-like touches for me! #carolinapanthers #keeppounding #gameprep
- There are some things you just can't shake.... Even though this happened YEARS ago, I felt my heart race a bit just writing the story. It's #Ontheblog #linkinbio #travel #traveler #traveldiaries #atl #atlanta #terrifyingtuesday #traveltuesday
- Fun getting @uncommonchick out for a #topdown drive #STL
- Loved the shrimp etoufee today! Fun catching up with @uncommonchick too #STL #stleats
- Rockin' my copy of @thecubiclechick's book Personal, Professional & Positive. Will be taking a 30 day challenge on @professionallypositive #positivity #goodvibesalways
- Had to take advantage of temps in the high 60s celebrating with a #topdown drive #STL #enjoylife
- JP REWIND In those cotton fields back home https://t.co/rWs0szZE5c #travel
about 11 hours ago
- Dang this sounds good! Love me a bunch of @Zatarains products! https://t.co/Z9Nr63r7If
about 16 hours ago
- I really, really hate cold wind... https://t.co/3c9mFeQFB5
about 19 hours ago
- It's a day to #gored for heart health. Special shoutout to my girl @swaraimedia for all sh… https://t.co/ZybeWw1Bwh https://t.co/VPXXGtarHE
about 1 day ago
- My @Quora answer to When meeting new people, are Monsanto employees afraid to say they work for @MonsantoCo? https://t.co/Q6XafKYw5v
about 1 day ago