I was just scanning through some things and saw this bit of history from Cotton Inc: On May 20, 1873, an American icon was born when Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis were given a patent for their copper rivet fasteners for denim trousers. The blue jean has since secured its place in American culture and […]
Tag Archives | fiber
This is another one of the “no brainer” posts for my 30 days of thanks series. I am sure some of you were beginning to wonder whether I was going to wait and make this my grand crescendo at the end or something, but I have to admit, that I’m not really that organized! LOL! […]
Some of you know my dear friend Marjory and some of you may even remember photos I shared of her & her girls when they came to St. Louis to spend spring break with me. Well in the past week, Marjory has posted two really cute photos that I asked if I could make my […]
This weekend, I drove to Memphis to visit family and eat awesome barbecue. And on both my drive down and drive back home to St. Louis, I got distracted by the cotton fields along the highway…. and yes, I had to stop! I mean really. Stopping in random cotton fields to see what’s happening that […]
After writing more than 100 blog posts on cotton, it can be fun to watch posts keep showing up in my stats. There are a few posts that seem to show up frequently. They are posts that help explain things people may be interested in or that people find here or there and want to […]
If you are a fan of Hayden Panettiere, you know the actress has made a name for herself by playing the tomboy daughter of a football coach, a high school cheerleader and hero who can produce fire and a rising star in Nashville who has more than a few personal problems. Well, she is drawing […]
When I was thinking about doing this, it was letters like Q, X and Z that made me wonder if I could really do it. The video I shot as I showed a friend around Memphis came to mind quickly. Although Steve had worked in cotton for years off and on, seeing how cotton was […]
The cotton crop is nearing harvest and as you can see this field is no longer putting on flowers, the leaves are turning brown and maroon and beginning to drop and more bolls are opening. The field is in Hayti, Missouri. Unlike the video I shared recently that showed blooms at the top of the […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- My 50th Birthday was So Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO November 24, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- When Seeing All 50 States Sounded Out of Reach November 22, 2015
- A Heart-Stopping Midnight Visit to Denny’s November 21, 2015
- How did you work before e-mail? The Pre-Internet Office November 20, 2015
- Janice Person: Thanks Kim. I have to say the full video has a lot...
- Janice Person: Thanks! Appreciate your stopping by!...
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was a great one!...
- kimrlang: Awesome video and pictures! Early in my radio care...
- My 50th Birthday was Certainly Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO: […] you may have seen yesterday, I traveled ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- JP REWIND First-Hand Report from Volgograd, Russia https://t.co/ITZjBzG3y3 #guestperspective #travel
about 2 hours ago
- We played human food ball tonight! It is hysterical! #family #thanksgiving https://t.co/KnRpDHh2UM https://t.co/xVTE6fOLax
about 11 hours ago
- Hanging out with @andrewholmes.official https://t.co/LTYLF2Qrtv https://t.co/5ljtq43kg5
about 12 hours ago
- Missing @babalou83 & @abw1432 but having a great time too! https://t.co/lGX8OlQMej https://t.co/zj3gqbTdKj
about 19 hours ago
- Love this place! #thanksgiving https://t.co/2NNhhYIgj4 https://t.co/YhmUKHRIgj
about 20 hours ago