Sometimes, there is a flash and you see things a little differently. That’s what sort of happened a few weeks ago. I had airline tickets to North Carolina & was making plans to see my nephew Jake of Flat Stanley fame here on the blog. I was also going to be leading some sessions on blogging […]
Tag Archives | Flat Stanley
I’m pretty pumped I have now completed two months of the 365 photo challenge. For me, the commitment to take a photo everyday that I’m willing to share is really a good exercise in finding ways to make time for something that’s creative. And I find myself thinking about it at various points of the […]
When I moved to Missouri this fall, I thought I’d get the chance to hit the roads on the weekend. See some new areas that I’ve never seen, catch up with some of my friends that live in the Midwest. Sadly, with the move, work, etc., I am well behind schedule but I hope to […]
I have to tell you that my visit to Ray-Lin Dairy recently was shaped a lot by Ray’s son, 11-year-old Bryson (remember him from the Flat Stanley series?). It was the weekend so Bryson wasn’t at school. He was at home so he was having what sounded like a bit of a typical day in […]
Waxhaw/Charlotte, North Carolina (25 miles from home) The other day Flat Stanley came along with me to work at Brixx Wood Fired Pizza in Charlotte. You can see Flat Stanley helped to cook the pizzas. First, he helped to look in on the pizzas while they cook in the large brick oven. You can see […]
Odem & Corpus Christi, Texas (1,258 miles from home) Dear Jake and the rest of Ms. Rorie’s class, We were thrilled Flat Stanley could come for a visit to Odem, Texas. About 2,500 people live in Odem. It is a little town near Corpus Christi. Corpus Christi is on the Gulf of Mexico. Summers are hot […]
Denair, California (2,642 miles from home) Hey Jake, On Thursday January 12th 2010 I took flat Stanley to school with me at Denair Elementary School. We read the book “The series of the unfortunate events” together. Stanley enjoyed the book because it was about 3 kids who go to a lumber mill, and while there […]
Memphis, Tennessee (644 miles from home) Hey Jake! This is probably going to be one of the pages that you may get excited about cause Flat Stanley, Alicia and Janice all went to Huey’s with a big group of friends to have dinner! You know, Huey’s is a Memphis tradition. Not only do they have […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- Looking for Builders instead of Demolition Teams September 30, 2015
- Adding My Voice to the Discussion on Religion & Immigration December 8, 2015
- Welcoming the Year of the Monkey / Chinese New Year 2016 February 8, 2016
- A World of Change in Seven Years of Tweeting February 2, 2016
- Remembering My Most Terrifying Travel Experience February 1, 2016
- Cotton Bolls — What makes this one so small? January 27, 2016
- …But I Remember Putting It In a Safe Place January 25, 2016
- Martiniano Chapa: Thanks for all those pictures about cotton, it tak...
- Brian: Love the cotton pics, Janice. Always fun to see cr...
- Janice Person: Testing....
- A Tale of Two Cotton Bolls -- What makes them look that way? : […] smaller than the bolls I see in cotton f...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] Flights get cancelled quickly. Highways ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Look who I found at #ShowMeYFR
- Listening to @daddystractor talk about how she reaches out from her farm to city moms #ShowMeYFR
- #thatmomentwhen someone tells me I can't sit at the #cotton table #showmeYFR
- Hope to talk with @wisefarmerbrown re: getting sweet corn donation grown on his #farm!
- #ShowMeYFR I am so inspired by the agricultural family that I have been adopted into. Via @wiseFarmerBrown
- Checking out some famous #Missouri peeps out. Satchel Paige, Mark Twain, Count Basie, Walt Disney & @chrischinnmo #showmeYFR #farmers
- Lovin' the bonus love from the @marriotthotels this afternoon! Tina & Tahneshia Rock! Thanks Allie:)
- Love when I find myself in a crowd of High Plains #cotton farmers #happyplace
- Happy soybeans in a growth chamber that simulates the Brazilian environment #imisssummer
- #Didyouknow that each brown silk on an ear of corn indicates that silk was pollinated & signals it is trying to grow a kernel of corn #farm #agriculture #speakag #food #sweetcorn #makinmehungry
- Insects like this soybean looper can wreak havoc on a #farm! #averyhungrycatepillar
- One of my fave dishes #Pork at @pastariastl :) #stl #stleats #stlfood
- Look who I found at #ShowMeYFR https://t.co/QPEhtU9hfs https://t.co/KhVSosfBBZ
about 38 mins ago
- Fun hearing @daddystractor mention friends @MariaBrilaki & @TheSciBabe during #ShowMeYFR
about 1 hour ago
- Listening to @daddystractor talk about how she reaches out from her farm to city moms #Sho… https://t.co/nQIac5bgi6 https://t.co/VT1G2vrnKx
about 1 hour ago
- More than 1200 young farmers & ranchers trading ideas about today & the future #awesome #ShowMeYFR #ilovemyjob https://t.co/YtXsF35TSc
about 2 hours ago
- #thatmomentwhen someone tells me I can't sit at the #cotton table #showmeYFR https://t.co/a8tQw5Yqri https://t.co/2LyMmuLLaX
about 3 hours ago