Sometimes, there is a flash and you see things a little differently. That’s what sort of happened a few weeks ago. I had airline tickets to North Carolina & was making plans to see my nephew Jake of Flat Stanley fame here on the blog. I was also going to be leading some sessions on blogging […]
Tag Archives | Flat Stanley
I’m pretty pumped I have now completed two months of the 365 photo challenge. For me, the commitment to take a photo everyday that I’m willing to share is really a good exercise in finding ways to make time for something that’s creative. And I find myself thinking about it at various points of the […]
When I moved to Missouri this fall, I thought I’d get the chance to hit the roads on the weekend. See some new areas that I’ve never seen, catch up with some of my friends that live in the Midwest. Sadly, with the move, work, etc., I am well behind schedule but I hope to […]
I have to tell you that my visit to Ray-Lin Dairy recently was shaped a lot by Ray’s son, 11-year-old Bryson (remember him from the Flat Stanley series?). It was the weekend so Bryson wasn’t at school. He was at home so he was having what sounded like a bit of a typical day in […]
Waxhaw/Charlotte, North Carolina (25 miles from home) The other day Flat Stanley came along with me to work at Brixx Wood Fired Pizza in Charlotte. You can see Flat Stanley helped to cook the pizzas. First, he helped to look in on the pizzas while they cook in the large brick oven. You can see […]
Odem & Corpus Christi, Texas (1,258 miles from home) Dear Jake and the rest of Ms. Rorie’s class, We were thrilled Flat Stanley could come for a visit to Odem, Texas. About 2,500 people live in Odem. It is a little town near Corpus Christi. Corpus Christi is on the Gulf of Mexico. Summers are hot […]
Denair, California (2,642 miles from home) Hey Jake, On Thursday January 12th 2010 I took flat Stanley to school with me at Denair Elementary School. We read the book “The series of the unfortunate events” together. Stanley enjoyed the book because it was about 3 kids who go to a lumber mill, and while there […]
Memphis, Tennessee (644 miles from home) Hey Jake! This is probably going to be one of the pages that you may get excited about cause Flat Stanley, Alicia and Janice all went to Huey’s with a big group of friends to have dinner! You know, Huey’s is a Memphis tradition. Not only do they have […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- How Lee Jeans Won My Heart & Hips August 19, 2015
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip August 17, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Wizzing Off to Milan | Budget Nomad: […] Remembering a Visit to Milan’s Duo...
- How Lee Jeans Won My Heart & Hips - a colorful adventure: […] few years ago though Lee Jeans got my at...
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip - a colorful adventure: […] Make sure the car is up for it — e...
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip - a colorful adventure: […] the last few years, I’ve found it ...
- Tornadoes... Are They Bad or are People Paranoid?: […] a move to Oklahoma from a part of the US...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- JP REWIND The Measure of a Man -- Kevin Eblen was 10 Foot Tall http://t.co/l8RQCuAEzT #personalinsight
about 12 hours ago
- I haven't been home much for summer weekends... wondering what I should do this wknd. Ideas? #STL #STLchat
about 12 hours ago
- Looks like every app on my phone needs to be updated... I am focused on Instagram though thanks to a tip from @thefarmerslife!
about 15 hours ago
- Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! https://t.co/8ZW1aNZQ4C
about 2 days ago