Sometimes, there is a flash and you see things a little differently. That’s what sort of happened a few weeks ago. I had airline tickets to North Carolina & was making plans to see my nephew Jake of Flat Stanley fame here on the blog. I was also going to be leading some sessions on blogging […]
Tag Archives | Flat Stanley
I’m pretty pumped I have now completed two months of the 365 photo challenge. For me, the commitment to take a photo everyday that I’m willing to share is really a good exercise in finding ways to make time for something that’s creative. And I find myself thinking about it at various points of the […]
When I moved to Missouri this fall, I thought I’d get the chance to hit the roads on the weekend. See some new areas that I’ve never seen, catch up with some of my friends that live in the Midwest. Sadly, with the move, work, etc., I am well behind schedule but I hope to […]
I have to tell you that my visit to Ray-Lin Dairy recently was shaped a lot by Ray’s son, 11-year-old Bryson (remember him from the Flat Stanley series?). It was the weekend so Bryson wasn’t at school. He was at home so he was having what sounded like a bit of a typical day in […]
Waxhaw/Charlotte, North Carolina (25 miles from home) The other day Flat Stanley came along with me to work at Brixx Wood Fired Pizza in Charlotte. You can see Flat Stanley helped to cook the pizzas. First, he helped to look in on the pizzas while they cook in the large brick oven. You can see […]
Odem & Corpus Christi, Texas (1,258 miles from home) Dear Jake and the rest of Ms. Rorie’s class, We were thrilled Flat Stanley could come for a visit to Odem, Texas. About 2,500 people live in Odem. It is a little town near Corpus Christi. Corpus Christi is on the Gulf of Mexico. Summers are hot […]
Denair, California (2,642 miles from home) Hey Jake, On Thursday January 12th 2010 I took flat Stanley to school with me at Denair Elementary School. We read the book “The series of the unfortunate events” together. Stanley enjoyed the book because it was about 3 kids who go to a lumber mill, and while there […]
Memphis, Tennessee (644 miles from home) Hey Jake! This is probably going to be one of the pages that you may get excited about cause Flat Stanley, Alicia and Janice all went to Huey’s with a big group of friends to have dinner! You know, Huey’s is a Memphis tradition. Not only do they have […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto May 22, 2015
- Why The Loss of BB King Feels So Personal May 15, 2015
- Soaking Up the Sun and Tulips May 13, 2015
- The Perfect Mother’s Day Gift for Both Her & Me! May 9, 2015
- Caring & Understanding on Two Z Dairy Farms (Farms A to Z) April 30, 2015
- Alicia Schmitt: Oh this makes me excited! I'm going to have to ch...
- Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids: I have heard of Quora but have never really checke...
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto: […] of times on my personal blog if you are ...
- Harold: It's salt to purify the dohyo. Dates back to Shin...
- UrbLife: This is so awesome that you spotlight farmers, par...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- JP REWIND Getting My Bearings on The Philippines Central Plains http://t.co/ZRHBdMpKt1 #agriculture #foodfarm #fruitsveg #travel
about 9 hours ago
- Some days you do more than you thought possible and love every minute of it. Today is one of those for me! #happyweekend #lifeisgood
about 13 hours ago
- JP REWIND Just a Farmer, Plain and Simple http://t.co/jiJjtW76QE #socialmedia
about 21 hours ago
- JP REWIND S is for Seed -- It All Starts with a Seed http://t.co/TAPiS0lUB9 #agawareness #foodfarm
about 1 day ago
- JP REWIND Thinking About the Great American Roadtrip http://t.co/MPgiLOSZZt #travel
about 2 days ago