Sometimes, there is a flash and you see things a little differently. That’s what sort of happened a few weeks ago. I had airline tickets to North Carolina & was making plans to see my nephew Jake of Flat Stanley fame here on the blog. I was also going to be leading some sessions on blogging […]
Tag Archives | Flat Stanley
I’m pretty pumped I have now completed two months of the 365 photo challenge. For me, the commitment to take a photo everyday that I’m willing to share is really a good exercise in finding ways to make time for something that’s creative. And I find myself thinking about it at various points of the […]
When I moved to Missouri this fall, I thought I’d get the chance to hit the roads on the weekend. See some new areas that I’ve never seen, catch up with some of my friends that live in the Midwest. Sadly, with the move, work, etc., I am well behind schedule but I hope to […]
I have to tell you that my visit to Ray-Lin Dairy recently was shaped a lot by Ray’s son, 11-year-old Bryson (remember him from the Flat Stanley series?). It was the weekend so Bryson wasn’t at school. He was at home so he was having what sounded like a bit of a typical day in […]
Waxhaw/Charlotte, North Carolina (25 miles from home) The other day Flat Stanley came along with me to work at Brixx Wood Fired Pizza in Charlotte. You can see Flat Stanley helped to cook the pizzas. First, he helped to look in on the pizzas while they cook in the large brick oven. You can see […]
Odem & Corpus Christi, Texas (1,258 miles from home) Dear Jake and the rest of Ms. Rorie’s class, We were thrilled Flat Stanley could come for a visit to Odem, Texas. About 2,500 people live in Odem. It is a little town near Corpus Christi. Corpus Christi is on the Gulf of Mexico. Summers are hot […]
Denair, California (2,642 miles from home) Hey Jake, On Thursday January 12th 2010 I took flat Stanley to school with me at Denair Elementary School. We read the book “The series of the unfortunate events” together. Stanley enjoyed the book because it was about 3 kids who go to a lumber mill, and while there […]
Memphis, Tennessee (644 miles from home) Hey Jake! This is probably going to be one of the pages that you may get excited about cause Flat Stanley, Alicia and Janice all went to Huey’s with a big group of friends to have dinner! You know, Huey’s is a Memphis tradition. Not only do they have […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Top Five Lessons I Learned in Drivers Ed November 30, 2015
- My 50th Birthday was So Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO November 24, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- When Seeing All 50 States Sounded Out of Reach November 22, 2015
- A Heart-Stopping Midnight Visit to Denny’s November 21, 2015
- Janice Person: Thanks Kim. I have to say the full video has a lot...
- Janice Person: Thanks! Appreciate your stopping by!...
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was a great one!...
- kimrlang: Awesome video and pictures! Early in my radio care...
- My 50th Birthday was Certainly Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO: […] you may have seen yesterday, I traveled ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Join me supporting #NoKidHungry with a #GivingTuesday donation! Great charity doing great things https://t.co/NFpZBctqIU
about 6 hours ago
- Loved this red dragon roll tonight! @drunkenfish #dfgram https://t.co/vYbGRmJLRT https://t.co/K8ea3WhKIh
about 10 hours ago
- Sharing lessons I still remember from drivers Ed classes.... Several lessons get used rout… https://t.co/bot4Puyrws https://t.co/JuhMAvKulj
about 16 hours ago
- NEW POST: My top lessons learned from drivers ed https://t.co/73pVOJD9kt #roadtrips #drivingtestday https://t.co/PkNIgPRFGp
about 16 hours ago
- I wonder if I can convince @HollyButka to let me do fall & spring seasons like primetime TV. I'll work hard for high ratings!
about 18 hours ago