As I looked back at 2011 on the blog, One of the things I thought may interest some of you (especially those of you who have yet to subscribe to the blog) is what sets this blog apart from others. One way to quickly show that is doing a top ten list. So what rose […]
Tag Archives | flood
As I was running around town the other day, I realized that some of you may be interested to know how the riverfront looks. My impression is that the flooded areas have recovered incredibly fast, however there are still problems that need to be addressed. One that grabbed my eye from a distance was a […]
As more folks learned more about the flooding in the Mississippi River basin, Some cities & towns are breathing sighs of relief that this flood that is close to a century in the making wasn’t worse and others are fighting a long battle. Wednesday as I drove along the river, I took a little time […]
My flight out of DC back to Memphis was loaded. The noon flight had been cancelled and that let a long list of standby passengers congregate hoping for a seat. With that in mind, I was glad to get an operator on the 800 line to find me a window seat so I got out […]
Sunday I got an really unexpected email. It was short and simple. The message was sent to the email address I use with my blog: I’m a journalist with the BBC World Service in London. We are interested in talking to some Memphis residents about the flooding. Could I possibly give you a call ? […]
This morning I headed to the airport for the first trek out of town since the water started really rising. It was one of those days where I was running (or at least fast-walking) from the time I got out of bed til I sat in my seat. Once I was able to breathe, I […]
It has been quite a week to be a Memphian. Talk of the flood of 2011 seems to have started months ago (even I wondered how much the heavy snowpack would mean to us), but it really didn’t get my attention until I saw what was going on in the Bootheel just under two weeks […]
The Memphis Flood of 2011 Through the Eyes of a Child — My Nine Year Old Niece Learns Life Lessons about the Mississippi River
Saturday, as I headed east toward Midtown, my nine year old niece was riding in the back seat. (Tip — it seems having the top down in nice weather neutralizes a kids desire to sit up front cause I don’t let her just yet.) We were talking about the day. She had been to a […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- I am Janice Person and I am St. Louis #WeAreSTL Video November 26, 2014
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto May 22, 2015
- Why The Loss of BB King Feels So Personal May 15, 2015
- Soaking Up the Sun and Tulips May 13, 2015
- The Perfect Mother’s Day Gift for Both Her & Me! May 9, 2015
- Caring & Understanding on Two Z Dairy Farms (Farms A to Z) April 30, 2015
- Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids: I have heard of Quora but have never really checke...
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto: […] of times on my personal blog if you are ...
- Harold: It's salt to purify the dohyo. Dates back to Shin...
- UrbLife: This is so awesome that you spotlight farmers, par...
- UrbLife: Such a nice story, and memories you can share for ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- JP REWIND Visiting With Dear Friends From Turkey Leaves Me REALLY Tired & Wordless http://t.co/yiFMvNtFFd #photo
about 1 hour ago
- How does #cotton get from #farm2fabric? @doughmesstic knows! http://t.co/QFYP8CyJ5X
about 1 hour ago
- JP REWIND Planking Fun for Wordless Wednesday http://t.co/GEJk6nc3jX #photo #popularculture
about 13 hours ago
- NEW POST: Interesting how @Quora gives me a chance to tell my work story http://t.co/im81lLmBT4 http://t.co/vEvXwMXrwz
about 16 hours ago
- JP REWIND How Cool Would it be if Cotton Could Repel Water and Sun? http://t.co/6pWXek1dgF #agawareness #agriculture #cotton #foodfarm
about 1 day ago