As I looked back at 2011 on the blog, One of the things I thought may interest some of you (especially those of you who have yet to subscribe to the blog) is what sets this blog apart from others. One way to quickly show that is doing a top ten list. So what rose […]
Tag Archives | flood
As I was running around town the other day, I realized that some of you may be interested to know how the riverfront looks. My impression is that the flooded areas have recovered incredibly fast, however there are still problems that need to be addressed. One that grabbed my eye from a distance was a […]
As more folks learned more about the flooding in the Mississippi River basin, Some cities & towns are breathing sighs of relief that this flood that is close to a century in the making wasn’t worse and others are fighting a long battle. Wednesday as I drove along the river, I took a little time […]
My flight out of DC back to Memphis was loaded. The noon flight had been cancelled and that let a long list of standby passengers congregate hoping for a seat. With that in mind, I was glad to get an operator on the 800 line to find me a window seat so I got out […]
Sunday I got an really unexpected email. It was short and simple. The message was sent to the email address I use with my blog: I’m a journalist with the BBC World Service in London. We are interested in talking to some Memphis residents about the flooding. Could I possibly give you a call ? […]
This morning I headed to the airport for the first trek out of town since the water started really rising. It was one of those days where I was running (or at least fast-walking) from the time I got out of bed til I sat in my seat. Once I was able to breathe, I […]
It has been quite a week to be a Memphian. Talk of the flood of 2011 seems to have started months ago (even I wondered how much the heavy snowpack would mean to us), but it really didn’t get my attention until I saw what was going on in the Bootheel just under two weeks […]
The Memphis Flood of 2011 Through the Eyes of a Child — My Nine Year Old Niece Learns Life Lessons about the Mississippi River
Saturday, as I headed east toward Midtown, my nine year old niece was riding in the back seat. (Tip — it seems having the top down in nice weather neutralizes a kids desire to sit up front cause I don’t let her just yet.) We were talking about the day. She had been to a […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Celebrating a Turkish Wedding (VIDEO) July 12, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video) June 28, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video): […] ballooning experience was a great compli...
- thedeeremilkmaid: Love visiting that neck of the woods the past few ...
- You Can Learn from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video): […] but I have to admit, ding this post now ...
- Janice Person: They can be so motivating! Some great things being...
- Janice Person: Thanks a bunch! I have been traveling so much rece...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Had such a great experience ballooning in #Cappadocia #Turkey, what did I learn? http://t.co/qDFHR3pwaT http://t.co/Aa5g3BNHiz
about 54 mins ago
- They have the best fries! #stl https://t.co/QKUI1zkKPG
about 2 hours ago
- How else would you serve them? :) #stl https://t.co/6cOyf6TLzx
about 2 hours ago
- JP REWIND Enjoying A Quick Trip to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania http://t.co/NQlIoi4j5o #travel
about 11 hours ago
- NEW POST: Some of the things I learned thanks to a hot air balloon ride http://t.co/qDFHR3H72r #travel #Turkey http://t.co/oPcOIxfr0X
about 14 hours ago