This weekend I hosted an open house to let friends in St. Louis know I was mostly unpacked, organized and I’m totally excited about having friends over. I spent time Friday evening doing some grocery shopping and prepping some dishes and Saturday morning I got the rest of my prep and cooking done. As I [...]
Tag Archives | FoodThanks
The last couple of years, I’ve enjoyed being part of the AgChat Foundation’s efforts to draw more attention to giving thanks for something we have daily — food. As these efforts got underway, I took time to reflect on what I give thanks for when it comes to my plate. And I looked back at [...]
What are your Thanksgiving traditions? My family has some incredible traditions and yet we’ve also built in a lot of flexibility! We had a great holiday with several holiday traditions at our table this year: Collection of family and/or friends My mom’s cornbread & biscuit dressing Mom’s fresh cranberry salad Grandmom’s ambrosia (I made it) [...]
Thanksgiving. The word elicits images of food, family, friends and fun, particularly laughter with my family & friends. Growing up in Memphis, in a regular city family, when we would give thanks, a myriad of things enters. We gave thanks for the people around the table and those who were far away, our abundance away [...]
this photo for Wordless Wednesday is part of the #foodthanks effort organized by the AgChat Foundation.
When you talk to farmers, the connections to their land and ancestors is almost always brought into the discussion. Images of their forefathers and foremothers using their hands or primitive tools to shape the land into something that would bear fruit. There is a pride in knowing your family’s heritage includes work that brings thing [...]
- G is for GMOs — What are GMOs & Why Do Farmers Plant GMO Crops? April 8, 2013
- A is for Agriculture — an A to Z Series about Agriculture April 1, 2013
- Cotton Gin in Kansas Made Me Pump My Brakes February 19, 2013
- Stereotype Busters And A Need to Vent March 1, 2013
- E is for Elevator — an A to Z Series about Agriculture April 5, 2013
- Farmers are Planning For Cotton Harvest as They Plant Cotton May 22, 2013
- Sticks & Stones May Break My Bones, But Abercrombie Clothes Will Never Fit Me May 21, 2013
- How to Edit Mobile Photos Quickly & Without Expensive Software May 19, 2013
- Reviving My Series of Food Polls With Apples! Which is your favorite? May 17, 2013
- Left Wordless By Visiting a Flower Farm — Lots of Irises & Peonies! May 14, 2013
- Janice Person: LOL! That's too funny! ...
- katlynrumbold: VERY GOOD post!! I've never been a fan of AF, so ...
- Janice Person: Oh, and please know... my heart goes out to your f...
- Janice Person: Thanks Kasse! My family loves Thrift Shop shopping...
- Jennifer: Well said, JP. My thoughts were: The guy's a jer...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!