This weekend I hosted an open house to let friends in St. Louis know I was mostly unpacked, organized and I’m totally excited about having friends over. I spent time Friday evening doing some grocery shopping and prepping some dishes and Saturday morning I got the rest of my prep and cooking done. As I […]
Tag Archives | FoodThanks
The last couple of years, I’ve enjoyed being part of the AgChat Foundation’s efforts to draw more attention to giving thanks for something we have daily — food. As these efforts got underway, I took time to reflect on what I give thanks for when it comes to my plate. And I looked back at […]
What are your Thanksgiving traditions? My family has some incredible traditions and yet we’ve also built in a lot of flexibility! We had a great holiday with several holiday traditions at our table this year: Collection of family and/or friends My mom’s cornbread & biscuit dressing Mom’s fresh cranberry salad Grandmom’s ambrosia (I made it) […]
Thanksgiving. The word elicits images of food, family, friends and fun, particularly laughter with my family & friends. Growing up in Memphis, in a regular city family, when we would give thanks, a myriad of things enters. We gave thanks for the people around the table and those who were far away, our abundance away […]
this photo for Wordless Wednesday is part of the #foodthanks effort organized by the AgChat Foundation.
When you talk to farmers, the connections to their land and ancestors is almost always brought into the discussion. Images of their forefathers and foremothers using their hands or primitive tools to shape the land into something that would bear fruit. There is a pride in knowing your family’s heritage includes work that brings thing […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video) June 28, 2015
- It’s Time for an Ice Cream Cone! And Show from Turkey (Video) June 27, 2015
- Is it safe to travel in Turkey, esp, as a woman traveling alone? June 25, 2015
- Racism, History, My Family and Looking Deeper June 24, 2015
- Janice Person: I know right? And that bill at the dealership... i...
- Janice Person: LOL! No, that would really have been something! Es...
- stldenise: At least you didn't find a spider on your pillow....
- Jodi Oleen: I'm thinking you paid your dues for a bit! Yowza!...
- Janice Person: Yeah, I waited til I had some distance on that pos...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- That day my car held my laptop hostage in that week when bad things just kept coming.... not fun but may be funny https://t.co/kipCQe4P1i
about 3 hours ago
- NEW POST: If bad things happen in threes, how come I got to a five count? http://t.co/1nAHqIDqM7 #badluck #ouch http://t.co/4QMgDNnndM
about 15 hours ago
- JP REWIND #Youtility is About Farming & the Long-Term, Fitting for #AgNerds http://t.co/C13u2ExV8T #socialmedia
about 1 day ago
- I really do enjoy walking around the campus at work. Caught this between meetings. https://t.co/MplwZmH7wC
about 1 day ago
- Hey @agchat.... I hear @shondarenea is interested in getting involved in the chats. Got tips for her as a newbie? #agchat
about 1 day ago