Over the last two weeks, I have seen some really neat 12 days of Christmas posts. And along the way, I got inspired to put together the “12 Days of Cotton.” Seemed like a fun thing to do. I wrote it down last week and am just getting it to the blog. I hope you […]
Tag Archives | Georgia
Each Monday, I get the USDA-NASS Crop Progress and Condition Report. And I frequently think I should share it with others — at least the cotton parts. But today, I am going to do it instead of just thinking about it! The report shows data for the stages of the crop we are in each week. […]
In the last 10-20 years, country music has become something more people in cities listen to, but it has always been popular with farmers. There has to be a good reason. Recently, I was in Nashville with a lot of farmers and the reason became crystal clear as Luke Bryan (YouTube, Twitter and Facebook) took the stage. When he […]
This year I was very blessed during the holidays as I have been in the past. We had a great gathering of family and friends, making room for anyone who wanted to show up at the house to sleep or table to eat. I also loved the very real reminder that the holidays do not […]
https://twitter.com/JPlovesCOTTON/status/110154582809776128 That tweet is really easy for lots of people to understand. So much of the US has been drier than normal and high temperatures. We have all seen lawns like mine. The yard that seemed lush green six weeks ago when I made an offer on the house has taken a real turn for […]
This photo grabbed me late last week… My friend Kelly Whatley (Twitter, Blog, Google+) lives in the Corpus Christi area and like so many of us, has a tradition of taking cotton harvest pictures, especially if there is a field or two that make you proud. South Texas always gets the first bale in and […]
Over the 2010 Thanksgiving holidays, Jodi Termine got a chance to take a break from Kansas and get closer to home. Along the way, Jody (aka jtgirl on Twitter) was heading south on highway 39 in Georgia. As she neared Lucille, she snapped a photo and sent it my way. Thanks Jody!
One of my tweeps — Gene Roney –posted this video today (I have no idea why the embed code didn’t work but I have decided to link & hope you come back)… it prompted me to reminisce about my days in Tifton and further south talking with farmers about all the things they do to protect […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- My 50th Birthday was So Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO November 24, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- When Seeing All 50 States Sounded Out of Reach November 22, 2015
- A Heart-Stopping Midnight Visit to Denny’s November 21, 2015
- How did you work before e-mail? The Pre-Internet Office November 20, 2015
- Janice Person: Thanks Kim. I have to say the full video has a lot...
- Janice Person: Thanks! Appreciate your stopping by!...
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was a great one!...
- kimrlang: Awesome video and pictures! Early in my radio care...
- My 50th Birthday was Certainly Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO: […] you may have seen yesterday, I traveled ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Taking a recovery day today... just realized it is cyber Monday though & thinking I could shop!
about 44 mins ago
- JP REWIND St. Louis A to Z: Greater St. Louis YMCA https://t.co/So8OoI8VTc #travel
about 1 hour ago
- I've been doing a good bit more video.... even some instagram previews, etc for more to come on the blog, anyone else? #blogchat
about 14 hours ago
- Elf! https://t.co/a3rQ30dbHr
about 15 hours ago