Over the last two weeks, I have seen some really neat 12 days of Christmas posts. And along the way, I got inspired to put together the “12 Days of Cotton.” Seemed like a fun thing to do. I wrote it down last week and am just getting it to the blog. I hope you […]
Tag Archives | Georgia
Each Monday, I get the USDA-NASS Crop Progress and Condition Report. And I frequently think I should share it with others — at least the cotton parts. But today, I am going to do it instead of just thinking about it! The report shows data for the stages of the crop we are in each week. […]
In the last 10-20 years, country music has become something more people in cities listen to, but it has always been popular with farmers. There has to be a good reason. Recently, I was in Nashville with a lot of farmers and the reason became crystal clear as Luke Bryan (YouTube, Twitter and Facebook) took the stage. When he […]
This year I was very blessed during the holidays as I have been in the past. We had a great gathering of family and friends, making room for anyone who wanted to show up at the house to sleep or table to eat. I also loved the very real reminder that the holidays do not […]
https://twitter.com/JPlovesCOTTON/status/110154582809776128 That tweet is really easy for lots of people to understand. So much of the US has been drier than normal and high temperatures. We have all seen lawns like mine. The yard that seemed lush green six weeks ago when I made an offer on the house has taken a real turn for […]
This photo grabbed me late last week… My friend Kelly Whatley (Twitter, Blog, Google+) lives in the Corpus Christi area and like so many of us, has a tradition of taking cotton harvest pictures, especially if there is a field or two that make you proud. South Texas always gets the first bale in and […]
Over the 2010 Thanksgiving holidays, Jodi Termine got a chance to take a break from Kansas and get closer to home. Along the way, Jody (aka jtgirl on Twitter) was heading south on highway 39 in Georgia. As she neared Lucille, she snapped a photo and sent it my way. Thanks Jody!
One of my tweeps — Gene Roney –posted this video today (I have no idea why the embed code didn’t work but I have decided to link & hope you come back)… it prompted me to reminisce about my days in Tifton and further south talking with farmers about all the things they do to protect […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- How Lee Jeans Won My Heart & Hips August 19, 2015
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip August 17, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Julie Mellor-Trupp: A little late to the party, but I wanted to thank ...
- Wizzing Off to Milan | Budget Nomad: […] Remembering a Visit to Milan’s Duo...
- How Lee Jeans Won My Heart & Hips - a colorful adventure: […] few years ago though Lee Jeans got my at...
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip - a colorful adventure: […] Make sure the car is up for it — e...
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip - a colorful adventure: […] the last few years, I’ve found it ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- JP REWIND Getting on the Field at a St. Louis Cardinals Game VIDEO http://t.co/0bAAhi2bJ0 #popularculture
about 12 hours ago
- Great night for a @cardinals ballgame #gocards #stl http://t.co/FshdCxml44 http://t.co/fLKaGWhfzo
about 14 hours ago
- Excited to bring #CampSci to #FamilyForward this weekend! #ilovemyjob https://t.co/bR3IPqmIrf
about 19 hours ago
- So excited to be going to #BYOE15 as a sponsor this year with @MonsantoCo! Will be fun having farmers on-site!
about 20 hours ago
- This looks awesome! Will try that... maybe with peppers from @baileyfarms! #meetveggies https://t.co/xHMDfjsEOE
about 24 hours ago