Some of you may remember that a little while ago I wrote about taking my youngest niece on a farm field trip during harvest. That post was about us checking out some soybeans. Not sure how I failed to get back to writing about the trip since I have a whole series of posts to […]
Tag Archives | harvest
October is devoted to raising awareness in breast cancer. We see the NFL and Delta Airlines go pink to raise awareness but what can a cotton farmer do? How can you tell when a cotton farmer is committed to something? Well, the best examples are clear to the eye! October brings harvest time and modules are […]
I would love to pretend I always get things right. But sometimes, sometimes things just happen and I have to acknowledge that I have done something stupid. Recently I had a chance to soak up a lot of my stupidity and in the spirit of full disclosure, I realized later I needed to fess up. […]
This weekend, I accidentally called a friend who farms (ok, I butt dialed him) and he called me back. We enjoyed the serendipity of it all and had a good visit. As is always the case, weather was a major discussion point. Seems not only was Memphis cooler and wetter than I’d like but he could […]
I have to say, it has been too long since I stepped into a cotton field, so when people send me photos online reminding me where we are in the cotton season, I get pretty excited. Seemed like a good time to do a quick status check on the crop since a couple of people […]
This is another one of the “no brainer” posts for my 30 days of thanks series. I am sure some of you were beginning to wonder whether I was going to wait and make this my grand crescendo at the end or something, but I have to admit, that I’m not really that organized! LOL! […]
A couple of months ago, I saw one of these photos posted in one of the Facebook groups for farmers that I am in. I asked at the time that I be able to put it on my blog (since I love cotton so much). The photographer — family farmer Sue Leggett from North Carolina […]
I love seeing a cotton field near harvest time and I’m afraid this may be the last set of photos I get to capture this year during picking time. Late in the afternoon and into the early evening there is a kind of light that grabs my attention and makes me hit the brakes no […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Top Five Lessons I Learned in Drivers Ed November 30, 2015
- My 50th Birthday was So Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO November 24, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- When Seeing All 50 States Sounded Out of Reach November 22, 2015
- A Heart-Stopping Midnight Visit to Denny’s November 21, 2015
- Janice Person: Thanks Kim. I have to say the full video has a lot...
- Janice Person: Thanks! Appreciate your stopping by!...
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was a great one!...
- kimrlang: Awesome video and pictures! Early in my radio care...
- My 50th Birthday was Certainly Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO: […] you may have seen yesterday, I traveled ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Join me supporting #NoKidHungry with a #GivingTuesday donation! Great charity doing great things https://t.co/NFpZBctqIU
about 8 hours ago
- Loved this red dragon roll tonight! @drunkenfish #dfgram https://t.co/vYbGRmJLRT https://t.co/K8ea3WhKIh
about 12 hours ago
- Sharing lessons I still remember from drivers Ed classes.... Several lessons get used rout… https://t.co/bot4Puyrws https://t.co/JuhMAvKulj
about 17 hours ago
- NEW POST: My top lessons learned from drivers ed https://t.co/73pVOJD9kt #roadtrips #drivingtestday https://t.co/PkNIgPRFGp
about 18 hours ago
- I wonder if I can convince @HollyButka to let me do fall & spring seasons like primetime TV. I'll work hard for high ratings!
about 20 hours ago