For people who know me, it will come as no surprise. Having red hair HAD to be a part of my 30 days of thanks series! I mean, it is a huge part of who I am, it is something that has led me to stand out in the crowd, whether I wanted that or […]
Tag Archives | health
This week I heard quite a few people talk about their own personal health journeys at the 140 You Conference. It was empowering to hear what motivated various people, what challenges they had, etc. With that in mind, I thought I would share more of my personal health journey. I have to think I am […]
It feels like my New Year’s resolution to get healthier was forever ago at times and at other times I feel like such a newbie at this getting in shape thing. Today is one of those days where I felt both at the same time! Today I went out to CrossFit Seventy in Wentzville, Missouri to […]
The word zoonoses…. seeing that on my screen makes me wonder how many of us giggle at the idea of zoo noses. You know, like an elephant’s trunk or the orangutan’s smooshed up nose? But zoonoses doesn’t have a space and it is a really serious topic for livestock farmers and ranchers. The World Health […]
The St. Louis Bloggers Group (#STLBloggers) had a Sunday meetup this week and the great foks at Nadoz Cafe and Vino Nadoz Wine Bar hosted us in great style! (Note the pronunciation is like the final syllables of Coronado’s since their other restaurant is in Hotel Coronado.) Thanks to Lindsay Williams Itzkowitz from Itz Linz for getting the […]
This was in my Google+ stream this morning as I flipped around social media. I looked at the post, especially Mike Elgan’s question “What can be done about the obesity crisis?” and the photo and got to thinking. I have to say some of the comments…. I could see some have thought about it before […]
I can remember friends saying they were carb-loading for a big race. They wanted that energy that can sustain you for a long run or whatever. Pasta, cereal, etc were the way to go. Compare that to the foods we were generally eating at the time. Breakfast was cereal at times, eggs and bacon others, […]
I know a lot of bloggers get freebies sent their way to write up reviews and all but since this is a weekend past-time, I seem to miss out on most of those things. I do however, end up now and then wanting to post about a product I’ve used and found helpful. So what […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto May 22, 2015
- Why The Loss of BB King Feels So Personal May 15, 2015
- Soaking Up the Sun and Tulips May 13, 2015
- The Perfect Mother’s Day Gift for Both Her & Me! May 9, 2015
- Caring & Understanding on Two Z Dairy Farms (Farms A to Z) April 30, 2015
- Alicia Schmitt: Oh this makes me excited! I'm going to have to ch...
- Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids: I have heard of Quora but have never really checke...
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto: […] of times on my personal blog if you are ...
- Harold: It's salt to purify the dohyo. Dates back to Shin...
- UrbLife: This is so awesome that you spotlight farmers, par...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- JP REWIND Just a Farmer, Plain and Simple http://t.co/jiJjtW76QE #socialmedia
about 5 hours ago
- JP REWIND S is for Seed -- It All Starts with a Seed http://t.co/TAPiS0lUB9 #agawareness #foodfarm
about 17 hours ago
- JP REWIND Thinking About the Great American Roadtrip http://t.co/MPgiLOSZZt #travel
about 1 day ago
- Finally going to catch the movie Selma. Love a late night movie now and then. Can't believe I never saw this in the theater!
about 2 days ago
- JP REWIND Flight Delays Mean 12 Hours of Going Nowhere but Home http://t.co/n5LdRaPVGX #travel
about 2 days ago