I love hearing people tell their stories about how cotton makes them feel, so much so I have welcomed a series of posts on the topic. It isn’t the factual pieces I write like what a cotton plant looks like as much how warm it makes hearts as well as bodies. There have been several […]
Tag Archives | history
My flashbacks to my first big trip are showing up here a lot — I posted about traveling in the Soviet Union and Volgograd was my first time to travel outside the U.S. And while that may seem to cover it for some, there were so many unique things that I had the chance to experience, that I […]
I know my 30 days of thanks posts were to have ended yesterday, but I was traveling the last several days and had such crummy wireless service that it was really easy to stay offline for the most part (though if you look at my instagram stream you will see I had to share photos!) […]
With the guest post series, I had no idea how diverse some of the posts would become and have to admit that Kevin surprised me when he sent me a post he published on the Cotton Boll Conspiracy and asked if I’d like to repost it for his submission. Kevin’s goal has been first and foremost to […]
When you wear your passion on your sleeve (or in your Twitter handle like @JPlovesCOTTON) it is really easy for other people to share that passion. This was part of the presentation I gave during the 140 character small town conference (140conf) that I’ve talked so much about. But I really hadn’t talked about what I was […]
Although I previously posted some photos I took the morning I visited Brent & Brooke Boersma on their family’s almond farm, I was holding out on you guys. I apologize for it. And I didn’t even realize I had held onto this so long til I looked for the video. Yes, once again, I’m getting […]
This week I saw a photo a friend posted. Nice picture of his wife. The friend I’ve known since third grade. She was smiling while having a grownup dinner (with three kids, including two with special needs, this isn’t as common as my friends deserve, but it surely is enjoyed when it happens. The intriguing […]
The Memphis Flood of 2011 Through the Eyes of a Child — My Nine Year Old Niece Learns Life Lessons about the Mississippi River
Saturday, as I headed east toward Midtown, my nine year old niece was riding in the back seat. (Tip — it seems having the top down in nice weather neutralizes a kids desire to sit up front cause I don’t let her just yet.) We were talking about the day. She had been to a […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Top Five Lessons I Learned in Drivers Ed November 30, 2015
- My 50th Birthday was So Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO November 24, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- When Seeing All 50 States Sounded Out of Reach November 22, 2015
- A Heart-Stopping Midnight Visit to Denny’s November 21, 2015
- Janice Person: Thanks Kim. I have to say the full video has a lot...
- Janice Person: Thanks! Appreciate your stopping by!...
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was a great one!...
- kimrlang: Awesome video and pictures! Early in my radio care...
- My 50th Birthday was Certainly Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO: […] you may have seen yesterday, I traveled ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Last day of vacation so I have been trying to slowly get back into the work groove doing some email. Still in my PJs though!
about 4 hours ago
- Please join me in working to eliminate childhood hunger. Support #NoKidHungry for #givingt… https://t.co/ONu5qY0sxQ https://t.co/wgccW3EiF9
about 4 hours ago
- Join me supporting #NoKidHungry with a #GivingTuesday donation! Great charity doing great things https://t.co/NFpZBctqIU
about 17 hours ago
- Loved this red dragon roll tonight! @drunkenfish #dfgram https://t.co/vYbGRmJLRT https://t.co/K8ea3WhKIh
about 21 hours ago
- Sharing lessons I still remember from drivers Ed classes.... Several lessons get used rout… https://t.co/bot4Puyrws https://t.co/JuhMAvKulj
about 1 day ago