Last fall I had the chance to learn a lot about olive production in northern California thanks to farmer Irv Leen of Gold Rush Farms. Although I had seen quite a few olive trees while traveling in Turkey and Israel, visiting Irv’s was the first time for me to be able to visit with an […]
Tag Archives | Israel
This weekend I worked on some photo books on some of the big trips I’ve taken recently. The trip to Israel last summer is particularly on my mind. I hope you enjoy these photos of the walk on Jerusalem’s Via Dolorosa where we marked the stations of the cross. See more of my trip to […]
On the Today Show this morning, I saw a VERY BRIEF clip about Bethlehem and fighting inside the Church of the Nativity. It was so brief, I immediately hit the rewind button. I had to try and process it. The piece simply said that priests of different orthodox orders clashed with broom sticks and the […]
The Jordan River goes down from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea. It seems to take all the salts in the earth along with it and has for so long according to our guide. And since the Dead Sea has no tributaries leading out of the body of water, the deposits all end […]
If you’ve made it to mid-July without attending a wedding, you may want to check and see what’s going on in your world. It seems there is always a wedding to catch in the summer. I had two really different weddings in the past month or so and thought since I had video of both, […]
Recently, I wrote a blog post about the great agricultural production regions in central & northern Israel, we left those places and headed south along the eastern edge of the country along the Jordan River. The landscape changed dramatically as we went south. We were lucky to have a guide had pointed out that the […]
One of the first questions I seem to get when I travel overseas is about the food, usually as simple as “What is the food like there?” Sometimes more about “What kind of places did you eat in?” And that’s a question I always enjoy talking through because so far, everywhere I’ve traveled has had […]
Tuesday morning came and I published one of the blog posts I had worked up about my trip to Israel. It wasn’t too much longer before I got this tweet from my friend Katie Pinke (of Pinke Post fame): @jplovescotton can u confirm? MRT @ResourcefulMom: Hey @typeamom I just found out from @DadStreet that there's […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video) June 28, 2015
- It’s Time for an Ice Cream Cone! And Show from Turkey (Video) June 27, 2015
- Is it safe to travel in Turkey, esp, as a woman traveling alone? June 25, 2015
- Racism, History, My Family and Looking Deeper June 24, 2015
- Finding Peace & Quiet in Cappadocia’s Red Valley (Video) June 21, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video): […] of my daydreams about going to Cappadoci...
- It's Time for an Ice Cream Cone Show from Turkey (Video): […] to get some sun. Add to that it is Natio...
- Janice Person: Cool! Thanks for adding a team I hadn't thought o...
- Ibrahim Khan: Hi Ms.Person, I must say I am very surprised at h...
- grtgrace: Shockers of Wichita State...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- JP REWIND The 12 Days of Cotton -- My Christmas Homage to My Favorite Natural Fiber http://t.co/y9NQxTiXzx #cotton
about 1 hour ago
- So fun catching up with this girl! #overdue https://t.co/MHjiLxDVKE
about 3 hours ago
- My mom just kicked some Skip-Bo butt https://t.co/ki2PueEGNz
about 7 hours ago
- #theboy is wearing his "CAT the other white meat shirt" #carnivore https://t.co/OlB5TcKRS7
about 7 hours ago
- Playing cards with the #family #holidayweekendsrock #fivecrowns https://t.co/KQZDXFyr4n
about 8 hours ago