Last fall I had the chance to learn a lot about olive production in northern California thanks to farmer Irv Leen of Gold Rush Farms. Although I had seen quite a few olive trees while traveling in Turkey and Israel, visiting Irv’s was the first time for me to be able to visit with an […]
Tag Archives | Israel
This weekend I worked on some photo books on some of the big trips I’ve taken recently. The trip to Israel last summer is particularly on my mind. I hope you enjoy these photos of the walk on Jerusalem’s Via Dolorosa where we marked the stations of the cross. See more of my trip to […]
On the Today Show this morning, I saw a VERY BRIEF clip about Bethlehem and fighting inside the Church of the Nativity. It was so brief, I immediately hit the rewind button. I had to try and process it. The piece simply said that priests of different orthodox orders clashed with broom sticks and the […]
The Jordan River goes down from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea. It seems to take all the salts in the earth along with it and has for so long according to our guide. And since the Dead Sea has no tributaries leading out of the body of water, the deposits all end […]
If you’ve made it to mid-July without attending a wedding, you may want to check and see what’s going on in your world. It seems there is always a wedding to catch in the summer. I had two really different weddings in the past month or so and thought since I had video of both, […]
Recently, I wrote a blog post about the great agricultural production regions in central & northern Israel, we left those places and headed south along the eastern edge of the country along the Jordan River. The landscape changed dramatically as we went south. We were lucky to have a guide had pointed out that the […]
One of the first questions I seem to get when I travel overseas is about the food, usually as simple as “What is the food like there?” Sometimes more about “What kind of places did you eat in?” And that’s a question I always enjoy talking through because so far, everywhere I’ve traveled has had […]
Tuesday morning came and I published one of the blog posts I had worked up about my trip to Israel. It wasn’t too much longer before I got this tweet from my friend Katie Pinke (of Pinke Post fame): @jplovescotton can u confirm? MRT @ResourcefulMom: Hey @typeamom I just found out from @DadStreet that there's […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- How Lee Jeans Won My Heart & Hips August 19, 2015
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip August 17, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Wizzing Off to Milan | Budget Nomad: […] Remembering a Visit to Milan’s Duo...
- How Lee Jeans Won My Heart & Hips - a colorful adventure: […] few years ago though Lee Jeans got my at...
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip - a colorful adventure: […] Make sure the car is up for it — e...
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip - a colorful adventure: […] the last few years, I’ve found it ...
- Tornadoes... Are They Bad or are People Paranoid?: […] a move to Oklahoma from a part of the US...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Something like this could make a girl regret the choice of doing some work in the yard! http://t.co/p1Plen4J99 http://t.co/flzRaVzW7g
about 8 mins ago
- Note to self: I need more phone calls with @tamcdonald in the morning... Gets me thinking about possibilities instead of things
about 55 mins ago
- Just listened to an audio note of about 5 min of @dooce talking about haters & hurters. #wisdom from #mom2summit
about 2 hours ago
- JP REWIND A February Field Day? Love the Veggies! http://t.co/euZw4IW7x5 #agawareness #agriculture #foodfarm #fruitsveg #travel
about 2 hours ago
- I may not be able to play #wordswithfriends anymore! #fearthejedi #jedi #totalBS http://t.co/4k6Vt6Qlra http://t.co/vJC3h3bCgA
about 16 hours ago