Last fall I had the chance to learn a lot about olive production in northern California thanks to farmer Irv Leen of Gold Rush Farms. Although I had seen quite a few olive trees while traveling in Turkey and Israel, visiting Irv’s was the first time for me to be able to visit with an […]
Tag Archives | Israel
This weekend I worked on some photo books on some of the big trips I’ve taken recently. The trip to Israel last summer is particularly on my mind. I hope you enjoy these photos of the walk on Jerusalem’s Via Dolorosa where we marked the stations of the cross. See more of my trip to […]
On the Today Show this morning, I saw a VERY BRIEF clip about Bethlehem and fighting inside the Church of the Nativity. It was so brief, I immediately hit the rewind button. I had to try and process it. The piece simply said that priests of different orthodox orders clashed with broom sticks and the […]
The Jordan River goes down from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea. It seems to take all the salts in the earth along with it and has for so long according to our guide. And since the Dead Sea has no tributaries leading out of the body of water, the deposits all end […]
If you’ve made it to mid-July without attending a wedding, you may want to check and see what’s going on in your world. It seems there is always a wedding to catch in the summer. I had two really different weddings in the past month or so and thought since I had video of both, […]
Recently, I wrote a blog post about the great agricultural production regions in central & northern Israel, we left those places and headed south along the eastern edge of the country along the Jordan River. The landscape changed dramatically as we went south. We were lucky to have a guide had pointed out that the […]
One of the first questions I seem to get when I travel overseas is about the food, usually as simple as “What is the food like there?” Sometimes more about “What kind of places did you eat in?” And that’s a question I always enjoy talking through because so far, everywhere I’ve traveled has had […]
Tuesday morning came and I published one of the blog posts I had worked up about my trip to Israel. It wasn’t too much longer before I got this tweet from my friend Katie Pinke (of Pinke Post fame): @jplovescotton can u confirm? MRT @ResourcefulMom: Hey @typeamom I just found out from @DadStreet that there's […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto May 22, 2015
- Why The Loss of BB King Feels So Personal May 15, 2015
- Soaking Up the Sun and Tulips May 13, 2015
- The Perfect Mother’s Day Gift for Both Her & Me! May 9, 2015
- Caring & Understanding on Two Z Dairy Farms (Farms A to Z) April 30, 2015
- Alicia Schmitt: Oh this makes me excited! I'm going to have to ch...
- Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids: I have heard of Quora but have never really checke...
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto: […] of times on my personal blog if you are ...
- Harold: It's salt to purify the dohyo. Dates back to Shin...
- UrbLife: This is so awesome that you spotlight farmers, par...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- JP REWIND My Unabiding Love of BB King & the Blues http://t.co/lfzgBsvwd7 #personalinsight #popularculture
about 4 hours ago
- Agreed @pcronald really rocked #TED with that presentation! #foodchat https://t.co/NgkkSYlSWL
about 4 hours ago
- Love walking past these on the way to & from my office! Know @RedneckRosarian would enjoy #gardenchat #Roses http://t.co/lyyulB4EIg
about 5 hours ago
- Focus is the keyword of the day for me today! Lots to do and a lot of meetings taking up my time too.
about 14 hours ago
- JP REWIND Make a Touch of Mardi Gras at Home http://t.co/9N9ftCkKJo #agawareness #agriculture #children #food #foodfarm
about 16 hours ago