Our goal for the “city girls on the farm” day was definitely to enjoy cotton harvest but on the way we saw something shiny and got distracted! The something shiny? Maybe you have already seen the photo and have already guessed. Spotting a Tractor These girls heads were turned by a John Deere! We saw […]
Tag Archives | John Deere
Tillage is something that while it may not be well-understood by everyone, it has a romantic quality. We’ve seen some of the earliest photos taken in the United States were of people behind a mule and plow, parting the ground, turning it over in an effort to make the ground conducive to growing plants. That image […]
Well, the headline may mislead you but I’m okay with that. The Christmas shopping help didn’t come in the form of carrying bags, picking out items, etc but as I started wrapping the gifts that were going to go under trees, I realized several of them started with a seed planted on a farm. […]
This weekend I took my nephew Jake to his first big farm. Yep, this is the same nephew who learned so much about farming when we did the Flat Stanley adventures last year. He’s given me blog fodder for a long time to come, but I couldn’t wait to share a few photos at least! […]
Des Moines, Iowa (1,064 miles from home) Moline, Illinois (a 172 miles from Des Moines) Hello Jake, Flat Stanley came to see me at the factory where we build Cotton Pickers and Sprayers in Iowa. He couldn’t go out on the shop floor because he forgot his hard hat, but we did talk about the […]
Appreciate Marshall Sigsby giving me & another cotton tweep down our way — Jeremy Bullington from the University of Arkansas Extension Service a couple of harvest time shout outs. Seems like years ago we finished harvest — in record time I am happy to say! The photo below is of photo below is a beautiful field […]
One of the folks I met through the National Agri-Marketing Association, Robert Ratliff, recently help me connect the dots. Robert grew up on a cotton farm and had posted the photo to the left on his Facebook page. The caption on it pointed to a different machine that he used to pick cotton old school. […]
What are the steps of cotton harvest in the field & what does it look like? Photos illustrating the major steps in cotton harvest in a cotton field in the Missouri Bootheel. The photos show the on-board moduling baler of the John Deere picker.
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video) June 28, 2015
- It’s Time for an Ice Cream Cone! And Show from Turkey (Video) June 27, 2015
- Is it safe to travel in Turkey, esp, as a woman traveling alone? June 25, 2015
- Racism, History, My Family and Looking Deeper June 24, 2015
- Finding Peace & Quiet in Cappadocia’s Red Valley (Video) June 21, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video): […] of my daydreams about going to Cappadoci...
- It's Time for an Ice Cream Cone Show from Turkey (Video): […] to get some sun. Add to that it is Natio...
- Janice Person: Cool! Thanks for adding a team I hadn't thought o...
- Ibrahim Khan: Hi Ms.Person, I must say I am very surprised at h...
- grtgrace: Shockers of Wichita State...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Yum! The smell alone made me gain 5 pounds! Thanks @insomniacookies http://t.co/hu7RvxAWz6
about 5 hours ago
- JP REWIND Cotton 101: A Country Girl http://t.co/weOnXDu94O #agawareness #agriculture #cotton #foodfarm #guestperspective #personalinsight
about 6 hours ago
- WKND POST: Faced my fear of heights to take a balloon flight in #Turkey http://t.co/VxCN4pkgPj #TTOT #travel http://t.co/jxKU7sUJyk
about 21 hours ago
- What an incredible experience! So glad I didn't let my fear of heights keep me from the flight!… https://t.co/RBPTa50le9
about 22 hours ago
- It's official... UCity is getting hail now. Lovely #STL #stlwx
about 1 day ago