Tillage is something that while it may not be well-understood by everyone, it has a romantic quality. We’ve seen some of the earliest photos taken in the United States were of people behind a mule and plow, parting the ground, turning it over in an effort to make the ground conducive to growing plants. That image [...]
Tag Archives | John Deere
Well, the headline may mislead you but I’m okay with that. The Christmas shopping help didn’t come in the form of carrying bags, picking out items, etc but as I started wrapping the gifts that were going to go under trees, I realized several of them started with a seed planted on a farm. [...]
This weekend I took my nephew Jake to his first big farm. Yep, this is the same nephew who learned so much about farming when we did the Flat Stanley adventures last year. He’s given me blog fodder for a long time to come, but I couldn’t wait to share a few photos at least! [...]
Des Moines, Iowa (1,064 miles from home) Moline, Illinois (a 172 miles from Des Moines) Hello Jake, Flat Stanley came to see me at the factory where we build Cotton Pickers and Sprayers in Iowa. He couldn’t go out on the shop floor because he forgot his hard hat, but we did talk about the [...]
Appreciate Marshall Sigsby giving me & another cotton tweep down our way — Jeremy Bullington from the University of Arkansas Extension Service a couple of harvest time shout outs. Seems like years ago we finished harvest — in record time I am happy to say! The photo below is of photo below is a beautiful field [...]
One of the folks I met through the National Agri-Marketing Association, Robert Ratliff, recently help me connect the dots. Robert grew up on a cotton farm and had posted the photo to the left on his Facebook page. The caption on it pointed to a different machine that he used to pick cotton old school. [...]
What are the steps of cotton harvest in the field & what does it look like? Photos illustrating the major steps in cotton harvest in a cotton field in the Missouri Bootheel. The photos show the on-board moduling baler of the John Deere picker.
- G is for GMOs — What are GMOs & Why Do Farmers Plant GMO Crops? April 8, 2013
- A is for Agriculture — an A to Z Series about Agriculture April 1, 2013
- Cotton Gin in Kansas Made Me Pump My Brakes February 19, 2013
- Stereotype Busters And A Need to Vent March 1, 2013
- E is for Elevator — an A to Z Series about Agriculture April 5, 2013
- Reviving My Series of Food Polls With Apples! Which is your favorite? May 17, 2013
- Left Wordless By Visiting a Flower Farm — Lots of Irises & Peonies! May 14, 2013
- What’s with that Hayden Panettiere cotton commercial? May 6, 2013
- Lessons Learned Through My Blogging Challenge, an A to Z on Agriculture May 4, 2013
- Z is for Zoonoses — Zoonoses Isn’t Something Farmers Can Laugh About May 2, 2013
- Janice Person: Good ideas! ...
- Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids: I think one of your food polls should be what new ...
- Janice Person: Thanks a bunch Jennifer! I'll have to look for Mu...
- Jennifer Dickey Elwell: I recently found a new apple I love at a local orc...
- Janice Person: Hmmmm.... Last spring we had a late frost. I remem...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter