Jake and Jessie Wyrill joined Jake’s family farming in Kirwin, Kansas as they graduated from Kansas State and got married. The family grows corn, grain sorghum/milo, soybean, wheat, and alfalfa. We also raise Black Angus and Hereford cattle. What’s one thing that makes your farm unique? We are blessed to have the opportunity to farm with […]
Tag Archives | Kansas
I have two great women to feature today for the start of my A to Z Challenge! A Kansas Farm Mom Nicole Small, aka A Kansas Farm Mom, is a farmer I met thanks to social media and if I remember it right, I first met her in person in Hutchison, Kansas cause she’s from […]
Since I was traveling again this week, I got behind again…. so I am going to catch up somewhat quickly. P is for prairie today, because I was traveling through a bit of prairie over the last few days. A lot of us have heard of prairies and may even get a photo in mind. We […]
This fall, while in Kansas for the State of Now, I took the backroads from Hutchison toward the part of northwestern Oklahoma I called home for four years while I was in college. When I was driving through an “s” curve, I saw this sign and had to stop — yes, the cotton logo had […]
Greg, Nathan and Kendal have done it again! The guys who brought us “I’m Farming and I Grow It” bring us a parody of Gangnam Style that covers the family farm and agriculture! The song “Farmer Style” is good fun and I can actually understand the lyrics! They are so witty with the words and […]
Driving in south central Kansas, I saw lots of newly planted wheat fields that had emerged with the fall rains. I couldn’t help but be impressed by the bright green and seeing the little seedlings blowing in the wind. Seemed like the kind of day I needed to stop and get out of the car. […]
I’ve made it clear that I love sunflowers before…. in fact, one of the photos I’ve long used for avatars on social media is of me surrounded by sunflowers. They are incredibly picturesque. I have friends in Memphis who get photos in front of sunflowers in full bloom each year. But I have to wonder […]
Not sure why it has taken me so long to get this posted — its been in my drafts folder! It was a surprise for most of the #agnerds at the AgChat training conference, but I had the inside track on a surprise guest. And some friends were surprised to run into the surprise early […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto May 22, 2015
- Why The Loss of BB King Feels So Personal May 15, 2015
- Soaking Up the Sun and Tulips May 13, 2015
- The Perfect Mother’s Day Gift for Both Her & Me! May 9, 2015
- Caring & Understanding on Two Z Dairy Farms (Farms A to Z) April 30, 2015
- Alicia Schmitt: Oh this makes me excited! I'm going to have to ch...
- Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids: I have heard of Quora but have never really checke...
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto: […] of times on my personal blog if you are ...
- Harold: It's salt to purify the dohyo. Dates back to Shin...
- UrbLife: This is so awesome that you spotlight farmers, par...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Love seeing this car in my neighborhood! https://t.co/vGhkxIS882
about 40 mins ago
- JP REWIND Your Brooks Brothers Shirt May Have Started in El Paso, Texas http://t.co/4iuUkCrMyF #agawareness #agriculture #cotton #foodfarm
about 2 hours ago
- JP REWIND My Unabiding Love of BB King & the Blues http://t.co/lfzgBsvwd7 #personalinsight #popularculture
about 14 hours ago
- Agreed @pcronald really rocked #TED with that presentation! #foodchat https://t.co/NgkkSYlSWL
about 14 hours ago
- Love walking past these on the way to & from my office! Know @RedneckRosarian would enjoy #gardenchat #Roses http://t.co/lyyulB4EIg
about 15 hours ago