It has been a while since I have had a guest post in my series of cotton being part of our daily lives. I love that Ashley Messing Kennedy took me up on the offer. She’s a long-time friend who got me out of my comfort zone and into Michigan in the dead cold of winter. Not […]
Tag Archives | livestock
I’ve had lots of cow-related suggestions for the A to Z series — so many that I think some friends may do a whole cattle series next year! Just think, there is alfalfa, beef, cheese, dairy, etc. but I decided to go for a simple word on cows and its probably the first thing I […]
A few years ago I had no idea what “showing livestock” meant and now here I am posting a few photos (and a short slide show) of a livestock show taken by my friend Ryan Goodman of Agriculture Proud. I went to my first livestock show a few years ago…. it is amazing how much […]
During my Dakota vacation, I had lots of unique experiences for a Memphis girl. The most unusual ones though were everyday life to some of the friends I was visiting. That was certainly the case on my last day in the Monango, ND area where Val & Mark Wagner live! On Monday night as we enjoyed […]
In February, I wrote a post asking about places and things I should see as I get to know the Midwest. One of the people who took time to give me his ideas was Matt Eddy aka Twitter’s @aged4me. Matt had simple suggestions for me as I asked my questions: Where are you or […]
Jake’s big farm visit was a photo fest of fun! I have to share the photos from his first face-to-face with cows and seeing a newborn calf. Jake’s big question before we got to the field was whether they were meat cows or milk cows. He was glad to hear they were beef cattle! He […]
A bunch of photos from Friday’s tweetup and various other things that happened at the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and Cattle Industry Conference. Lots of good times here for certain! Hate that I had to leave before the big show tonight at the Grand Ole Opry. Its not the same seeing the photos fill my […]
As I wrote the headline for this post, I wondered if people would think I was overstating things but as I reread the prompter for this post, I feel certain the person who contacted me truly is desperate for good ideas. She was searching the internet for help and found my blog post on how […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Celebrating a Turkish Wedding (VIDEO) July 12, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video) June 28, 2015
- St. Louis A to Z: Laclede, Lewis & Clark and Lemp Mansion: […] This year I am doing a St. Louis A to Z...
- Claire.Bartram: Hello Janice, just got a moment in between packing...
- email@example.com: you are amazing i too love agriculture...
- Claire Bartram: Will do, but am away for a couple of weeks, so wil...
- Janice Person: awesome! I'd love to see photos. Email me one to ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- JP REWIND Elvis & Agriculture - My Perspective http://t.co/y10ppJ8QQF #agawareness #agriculture #foodfarm #popularculture
about 7 hours ago
- A fixture on #theloop that is still on my need to visit list #stl https://t.co/4eyLtk9P6s
about 9 hours ago
- Mussels and fries.... A favorite appetizer and Three Kings does it perfectly! #stl #theloop https://t.co/s28jbRZq72
about 9 hours ago
- So good to visit with tojosan & @nanna_j tonight! #stl https://t.co/5G8iDv6uxD
about 9 hours ago
- Kind of surprised by how cool it is with the top down tonight! Happily surprised!
about 1 day ago