I’ve had lots of cow-related suggestions for the A to Z series — so many that I think some friends may do a whole cattle series next year! Just think, there is alfalfa, beef, cheese, dairy, etc. but I decided to go for a simple word on cows and its probably the first thing I […]
Tag Archives | livestock
A few years ago I had no idea what “showing livestock” meant and now here I am posting a few photos (and a short slide show) of a livestock show taken by my friend Ryan Goodman of Agriculture Proud. I went to my first livestock show a few years ago…. it is amazing how much […]
During my Dakota vacation, I had lots of unique experiences for a Memphis girl. The most unusual ones though were everyday life to some of the friends I was visiting. That was certainly the case on my last day in the Monango, ND area where Val & Mark Wagner live! On Monday night as we enjoyed […]
In February, I wrote a post asking about places and things I should see as I get to know the Midwest. One of the people who took time to give me his ideas was Matt Eddy aka Twitter’s @aged4me. Matt had simple suggestions for me as I asked my questions: Where are you or […]
Jake’s big farm visit was a photo fest of fun! I have to share the photos from his first face-to-face with cows and seeing a newborn calf. Jake’s big question before we got to the field was whether they were meat cows or milk cows. He was glad to hear they were beef cattle! He […]
A bunch of photos from Friday’s tweetup and various other things that happened at the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and Cattle Industry Conference. Lots of good times here for certain! Hate that I had to leave before the big show tonight at the Grand Ole Opry. Its not the same seeing the photos fill my […]
As I wrote the headline for this post, I wondered if people would think I was overstating things but as I reread the prompter for this post, I feel certain the person who contacted me truly is desperate for good ideas. She was searching the internet for help and found my blog post on how […]
If you haven’t seen this commercial for electric cattle from General Electric (GE), you have to see it! Even if you have, you probably want to watch it again. These cattle really put on a show that is totally electric! I mean crowd surfing cows? ROCKIN! Cattle Shows Rock! I’ve never seen a cattle show […]
- Celebrating November by Giving 30 Days of Thanks October 31, 2013
- Why Shouldn’t I Say Merry Christmas? Happy Holidays Isn’t the Same! December 5, 2013
- Facing An Identity Crisis Head On March 12, 2014
- Remembering Miss Dot (Dot Hester) The Way She Deserves to be Remembered March 2, 2014
- If Monsanto is evil, what’s that say about me? About dialogue? February 10, 2014
- Mind Reeling After Blog Review on #BlogChat April 20, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: Niche, Nelly & Norton Grapes April 19, 2014
- Committing to a Blog Refresh & Getting the Help of Friends April 19, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: McDonnell Douglas, Museum of Transportation, Metrolink, & Magic House April 17, 2014
- Climate Change & The Video that has Me Thinking About It April 16, 2014
- Collin Kromke: Just testing out your comments for the #blogchat r...
- stldenise: I like your font on the header, but it gets jumble...
- Remembering Norman Borlaug and Looking to the Future - a colorful adventure: […] would have been Borlaug’s birthday...
- Cella Delsing: This information is amazing. I have to do a proje...
- Janice Person: Thanks Linda. I hope you are lucky enough to have ...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!