Wow it has gotten cold here, once in out of the frigid temperatures outside (still surviving the cold for now). I recently cracked open my iPad, opened Quora and saw the question What do farmers do during the winter? I had to answer it in part because I remember a time when I assumed farmers were kicked back […]
Tag Archives | livestock
It has been a while since I have had a guest post in my series of cotton being part of our daily lives. I love that Ashley Messing Kennedy took me up on the offer. She’s a long-time friend who got me out of my comfort zone and into Michigan in the dead cold of winter. Not […]
I’ve had lots of cow-related suggestions for the A to Z series — so many that I think some friends may do a whole cattle series next year! Just think, there is alfalfa, beef, cheese, dairy, etc. but I decided to go for a simple word on cows and its probably the first thing I […]
A few years ago I had no idea what “showing livestock” meant and now here I am posting a few photos (and a short slide show) of a livestock show taken by my friend Ryan Goodman of Agriculture Proud. I went to my first livestock show a few years ago…. it is amazing how much […]
During my Dakota vacation, I had lots of unique experiences for a Memphis girl. The most unusual ones though were everyday life to some of the friends I was visiting. That was certainly the case on my last day in the Monango, ND area where Val & Mark Wagner live! On Monday night as we enjoyed […]
In February, I wrote a post asking about places and things I should see as I get to know the Midwest. One of the people who took time to give me his ideas was Matt Eddy aka Twitter’s @aged4me. Matt had simple suggestions for me as I asked my questions: Where are you or […]
Jake’s big farm visit was a photo fest of fun! I have to share the photos from his first face-to-face with cows and seeing a newborn calf. Jake’s big question before we got to the field was whether they were meat cows or milk cows. He was glad to hear they were beef cattle! He […]
A bunch of photos from Friday’s tweetup and various other things that happened at the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and Cattle Industry Conference. Lots of good times here for certain! Hate that I had to leave before the big show tonight at the Grand Ole Opry. Its not the same seeing the photos fill my […]
- I am LOVING the Olympics…. Who’s with me? August 11, 2016
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- The Texas Dryland Cotton Crop Looks Good This Year VIDEO October 5, 2016
- Top 5 Memphis Foods to Eat for 901 Day & Any Other Day! September 1, 2016
- Whether it is 901 Rocks or #901Rocks, it is Lots of Fun September 10, 2016
- What do farmers do in the winter? January 4, 2017
- My New, New Year’s Tradition — Creating a Memory Jar December 31, 2016
- Finding Awesome Amidst a Crazy Travel Day December 23, 2016
- The First Bad Winter Weather Took Me Sideways A Bit December 17, 2016
- A Once-in-a-Lifetime Opera Experience in Prague December 5, 2016
- Why I Grow GE Crops - Food Dialogues: […] the case of glyphosate (Roundup) resista...
- Just another day on the farm: Thanks so much for posting my blog in your list :)...
- What do farmers do in the winter? | a colorful adventure: […] for livestock — Lots of farmers have l...
- dladydi: Thanks for the ideas sounds good. I jot things in...
- What Almonds Look Like on the Tree & On the Farm | a colorful adventure: […] of growing almonds — that’s ...