When I had the chance to tour the White House at the holidays, I decided there were a few other sights that I hadn’t seen that had been calling my name. I had to make time to do a few places on the mall. And though I had thought I’d write the posts in order […]
Tag Archives | Martin Luther King
Travel most of the week followed by a redeye and weather-induced issues on traffic, cut my office time to just one day this past week. One of the topics we discussed was the upcoming holiday in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr’s birthday. Sitting here on the weekend, I tried to get photos from my […]
This week has been filled with stresses. Traveling up until the last minute when I had to get home so the movers could come and pack me up, may not have been the smartest thing, but the results of the AgChat Foundation Conference will be felt for a long time. The enthusiasm I picked up […]
I had a chance to catch up with my friend Kelly’s parents recently. Kelly & I became fast friends in college and made more than a few trips to visit her family while we were in school. This small school Phillips University (Enid, OK) helped me meet people from all over…. and although Kelly’s parents […]
Denair, California (2,642 miles from home) Hey Jake, On Thursday January 12th 2010 I took flat Stanley to school with me at Denair Elementary School. We read the book “The series of the unfortunate events” together. Stanley enjoyed the book because it was about 3 kids who go to a lumber mill, and while there […]
Sure this is an agricultural blog and many of you will assume that a post on the national holiday honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr’s birthday is a bit off the mainstream path, but then again, I’m rarely known to be conventional. And having grown up in Memphis, this holiday was something that was part […]
- I am LOVING the Olympics…. Who’s with me? August 11, 2016
- Quick & Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe (How-To Video) June 19, 2016
- My Mom’s Career Taught Us Lots of Life Lessons June 26, 2016
- In Search of the Perfect Tomato July 5, 2016
- Top 5 Memphis Foods to Eat for 901 Day & Any Other Day! September 1, 2016
- A Once-in-a-Lifetime Opera Experience in Prague December 5, 2016
- Things to Consider if You Are Buying a New Travel Backpack November 30, 2016
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) November 27, 2016
- That Time I Was in a Chinese GMO Documentary Video November 11, 2016
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- Where Is Tornado Alley? Here's What You Need To Know | The Weather Guide: […] Don’t be afraid of living in Torna...
- Janice Person: Very cool! You may want to make sure you have some...
- Judy: Hey JP, Wish I had found your blog sooner and do...
- : Thanks so much for all you do. We have a group sta...
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) | a colorful adventure: […] and frequently find myself embarking on ...