It has been a while since I have had a guest post in my series of cotton being part of our daily lives. I love that Ashley Messing Kennedy took me up on the offer. She’s a long-time friend who got me out of my comfort zone and into Michigan in the dead cold of winter. Not […]
Tag Archives | Michigan
I recently went to visit my friends at Zweber Farms just outside of the Twin Cities. I wanted to share a few of the photos I took while visiting Tim & Emily there. Since my visit was a really quick on on a rainy day, I didn’t have a chance to see quite as much as […]
Photos from a perch in the Grand Traverse Bay resort’s Amerie bar and restaurant. If you are interested in why I’m in Michigan, feel free to listen to a couple of the podcasts in my Cinch.FM feed in the right-hand column.
I spent this weekend at the American Farm Bureau’s Young Farmers & Ranchers Leadership Conference. The event was theme “Your Voice, Our Story” and was helping people see that there is a big picture, shared story of agriculture that we need more farmers and ranchers telling in their voice. It wasn’t the sort of event […]
I’ve written a few blog posts about my recent trip to Michigan so I doubt I surprise anyone with another blog post about the trip, but it may surprise you that I saved the best for last. Granted, the snow sculptures, cherry muffins, etc were great, but the biggest benefit for me was getting to […]
One of the best parts of travel is getting to taste local specialties. That was certainly what I had in mind recently when I found myself hungry for breakfast in Michigan and looking at these! But I had to pause and ask the cashier what she thought of the cherry muffins. She immediately said “They […]
Growing up down south & working on mostly cropping farms, the beauty of big red wooden barns in other parts of the country always means taking a photo or two. Here are some I saw while riding along with Ashley Messing last week.
- It’s Not All Rainbows & Unicorns with Mommy Bloggers May 5, 2014
- After the Ferguson, Missouri Riot, I Made My First Trip There August 11, 2014
- The Face of Liver Transplant is Different Today August 10, 2014
- Where do you stand on Selfies? Backer or Backlash? July 19, 2014
- Young Cotton Plants & 2014 Cotton Planting Progress to Date May 19, 2014
- Enjoying A Quick Trip to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania September 24, 2014
- What You Should Know About Cotton in September September 21, 2014
- St. Louis A to Z: The St. Louis Rams and Running September 14, 2014
- Ice Buckets, Kindness, Ferguson & Education August 23, 2014
- Thinking Through “No Justice, No Peace” VIDEO August 19, 2014
- rendyorthan: What a good blog you have here. Please update it m...
- Janice Person: Don't think it is mentions fault... something on ...
- mackcollier: Hi Janice, thanks so much for the Think Like a Roc...
- Janice Person: Sounds really cool. May just do that! ...
- Karen Goodman: I took a trip to Amish country that is just a day ...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!