I love small towns and the parades they have. I’ve seen cars, trucks and tractors pulling floats for homecoming, celebrating the nation’s birthday or honoring our veterans. I think there is something unique about how some small towns celebrate holidays and Christmas is certainly one that you can find some in small towns going all […]
Tag Archives | Mississippi Delta
I’ve been reading the articles online and having the discussion with friends and family…. but I hadn’t added my voice other than a few tweets here and there and some comments on Facebook. As I read Estelle Tang’s open letter to all of her male friends, I thought maybe my voice should join the #YesAllWomen […]
Over the past few months, a dear friend from my Mississippi Delta days, Miss Dot aka Dot Hester, has been undergoing treatment for a terminal illness. I had heard about it for a while, had checked in with various friends on her well-being & state of mind and kept hearing various reports on the kind […]
With a bit of time off for the holidays, I decided to take a quick trip down into the Delta. I’ve talked about some of the things that come to mind with “The Delta” before, but it is so hard to capture in words. That’s certainly the feeling I got on Monday as I drove […]
Everyone who knows me, knows I vastly prefer warm weather days. I love days when I can drive around with the top of my car down — I even wrote a 30 days of thanks post about how awesome fresh air days are. So why would I give thanks for cold weather days? Especially when […]
Irrigation is one of those crop practices that was really near and dear to people’s hearts last year since so much of the U.S. had a drought last year. I know here in St. Louis we all longed for rain and in the meantime, I was glad I had a timer on my soaker hose […]
This morning I was still waking up when I read a great blog post by my friend Colleen Newvine Tebeau (she was the one who encouraged my purchase of JZ, the deck rooster). She’s one of the friends in the New York area who were on my mind as I watched Hurricane Sandy. The crisis unfolded […]
The other day as I finally met Miss Dazey in real life, we got to telling stories. Her husband Mr. Bruce used to be in the trucking business and he prompted me to remember something. I hadn’t thought of this in a while, and we had some laughs as I told it so I hope […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- Looking for Builders instead of Demolition Teams September 30, 2015
- How did you work before e-mail? The Pre-Internet Office November 20, 2015
- A World of Change in Seven Years of Tweeting February 2, 2016
- Remembering My Most Terrifying Travel Experience February 1, 2016
- Cotton Bolls — What makes this one so small? January 27, 2016
- …But I Remember Putting It In a Safe Place January 25, 2016
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm January 22, 2016
- A Tale of Two Cotton Bolls -- What makes them look that way? : […] smaller than the bolls I see in cotton f...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] Flights get cancelled quickly. Highways ...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] some of the tips I have for dealing with...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] have a few problems keeping their temper...
- If misery loves company, this winter is filled with community!: […] winter is horribly cold in the central p...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- It's a day to #gored for heart health. Special shoutout to my girl @swaraimedia for all she's done for her personal heart health this year!
- Lovin' the cocktails at Lulu as I hear more about #lunarnewyearstl #yearofthemonkeystl #hosted
- Checking out the lychee martini #chinesenewyear
- Getting the lowdown on lunar new year #chinesenewyear
- It is a red banner day at @monsantoco since Roundup Ready Xtend is ready to go! #plant16
- Love that Jerry is sharing the honey from the beehives on campus with me!
- Decided to combine getting a #pedicure with prep for #superbowl50. Love that she did whisker-like touches for me! #carolinapanthers #keeppounding #gameprep
- There are some things you just can't shake.... Even though this happened YEARS ago, I felt my heart race a bit just writing the story. It's #Ontheblog #linkinbio #travel #traveler #traveldiaries #atl #atlanta #terrifyingtuesday #traveltuesday
- Fun getting @uncommonchick out for a #topdown drive #STL
- Loved the shrimp etoufee today! Fun catching up with @uncommonchick too #STL #stleats
- Rockin' my copy of @thecubiclechick's book Personal, Professional & Positive. Will be taking a 30 day challenge on @professionallypositive #positivity #goodvibesalways
- Had to take advantage of temps in the high 60s celebrating with a #topdown drive #STL #enjoylife
- Dang this sounds good! Love me a bunch of @Zatarains products! https://t.co/Z9Nr63r7If
about 4 hours ago
- I really, really hate cold wind... https://t.co/3c9mFeQFB5
about 6 hours ago
- It's a day to #gored for heart health. Special shoutout to my girl @swaraimedia for all sh… https://t.co/ZybeWw1Bwh https://t.co/VPXXGtarHE
about 12 hours ago
- My @Quora answer to When meeting new people, are Monsanto employees afraid to say they work for @MonsantoCo? https://t.co/Q6XafKYw5v
about 12 hours ago
- Lovin' the cocktails at Lulu as I hear more about #lunarnewyearstl #yearofthemonkeystl #ho… https://t.co/loLt9QhUBb https://t.co/xqEidLecjl
about 1 day ago