I love small towns and the parades they have. I’ve seen cars, trucks and tractors pulling floats for homecoming, celebrating the nation’s birthday or honoring our veterans. I think there is something unique about how some small towns celebrate holidays and Christmas is certainly one that you can find some in small towns going all […]
Tag Archives | Mississippi Delta
I’ve been reading the articles online and having the discussion with friends and family…. but I hadn’t added my voice other than a few tweets here and there and some comments on Facebook. As I read Estelle Tang’s open letter to all of her male friends, I thought maybe my voice should join the #YesAllWomen […]
Over the past few months, a dear friend from my Mississippi Delta days, Miss Dot aka Dot Hester, has been undergoing treatment for a terminal illness. I had heard about it for a while, had checked in with various friends on her well-being & state of mind and kept hearing various reports on the kind […]
With a bit of time off for the holidays, I decided to take a quick trip down into the Delta. I’ve talked about some of the things that come to mind with “The Delta” before, but it is so hard to capture in words. That’s certainly the feeling I got on Monday as I drove […]
Everyone who knows me, knows I vastly prefer warm weather days. I love days when I can drive around with the top of my car down — I even wrote a 30 days of thanks post about how awesome fresh air days are. So why would I give thanks for cold weather days? Especially when […]
Irrigation is one of those crop practices that was really near and dear to people’s hearts last year since so much of the U.S. had a drought last year. I know here in St. Louis we all longed for rain and in the meantime, I was glad I had a timer on my soaker hose […]
This morning I was still waking up when I read a great blog post by my friend Colleen Newvine Tebeau (she was the one who encouraged my purchase of JZ, the deck rooster). She’s one of the friends in the New York area who were on my mind as I watched Hurricane Sandy. The crisis unfolded […]
The other day as I finally met Miss Dazey in real life, we got to telling stories. Her husband Mr. Bruce used to be in the trucking business and he prompted me to remember something. I hadn’t thought of this in a while, and we had some laughs as I told it so I hope […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Celebrating a Turkish Wedding (VIDEO) July 12, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- Janice Person: Glad you enjoyed it! I had no idea you had a ballo...
- Fred Pond: Awesomeness Janice!, and brings back some wonderfu...
- Janice Person: LOL! Love it! Typos happen. Thanks for commenting....
- Debra Johnson: Amazing not axing. ?...
- Debra Johnson: Thank you for adding this to your blog on balloon ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- I love seeing people dance in sync but I am more likely to Dance to the beat of my own accordion… https://t.co/Nn5BsqHdBk
about 2 hours ago
- I always learn something when I hear this guy talk! #bees #buzz #beehealth https://t.co/0eG6eqWWEQ
about 7 hours ago
- NEW POST: A Q&A about Hot Air Balloon Rides http://t.co/wm04rxKcGC #travel #vacation http://t.co/dsCmIareqL
about 13 hours ago
- NEW POST: A QA About Hot Air Balloon Rides http://t.co/REdULnKL6L #travel
about 14 hours ago