I love small towns and the parades they have. I’ve seen cars, trucks and tractors pulling floats for homecoming, celebrating the nation’s birthday or honoring our veterans. I think there is something unique about how some small towns celebrate holidays and Christmas is certainly one that you can find some in small towns going all […]
Tag Archives | Mississippi Delta
I’ve been reading the articles online and having the discussion with friends and family…. but I hadn’t added my voice other than a few tweets here and there and some comments on Facebook. As I read Estelle Tang’s open letter to all of her male friends, I thought maybe my voice should join the #YesAllWomen […]
Over the past few months, a dear friend from my Mississippi Delta days, Miss Dot aka Dot Hester, has been undergoing treatment for a terminal illness. I had heard about it for a while, had checked in with various friends on her well-being & state of mind and kept hearing various reports on the kind […]
With a bit of time off for the holidays, I decided to take a quick trip down into the Delta. I’ve talked about some of the things that come to mind with “The Delta” before, but it is so hard to capture in words. That’s certainly the feeling I got on Monday as I drove […]
Everyone who knows me, knows I vastly prefer warm weather days. I love days when I can drive around with the top of my car down — I even wrote a 30 days of thanks post about how awesome fresh air days are. So why would I give thanks for cold weather days? Especially when […]
Irrigation is one of those crop practices that was really near and dear to people’s hearts last year since so much of the U.S. had a drought last year. I know here in St. Louis we all longed for rain and in the meantime, I was glad I had a timer on my soaker hose […]
This morning I was still waking up when I read a great blog post by my friend Colleen Newvine Tebeau (she was the one who encouraged my purchase of JZ, the deck rooster). She’s one of the friends in the New York area who were on my mind as I watched Hurricane Sandy. The crisis unfolded […]
The other day as I finally met Miss Dazey in real life, we got to telling stories. Her husband Mr. Bruce used to be in the trucking business and he prompted me to remember something. I hadn’t thought of this in a while, and we had some laughs as I told it so I hope […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto May 22, 2015
- Why The Loss of BB King Feels So Personal May 15, 2015
- Soaking Up the Sun and Tulips May 13, 2015
- The Perfect Mother’s Day Gift for Both Her & Me! May 9, 2015
- Caring & Understanding on Two Z Dairy Farms (Farms A to Z) April 30, 2015
- Alicia Schmitt: Oh this makes me excited! I'm going to have to ch...
- Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids: I have heard of Quora but have never really checke...
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto: […] of times on my personal blog if you are ...
- Harold: It's salt to purify the dohyo. Dates back to Shin...
- UrbLife: This is so awesome that you spotlight farmers, par...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- JP REWIND Thinking About the Great American Roadtrip http://t.co/MPgiLOSZZt #travel
about 2 hours ago
- Finally going to catch the movie Selma. Love a late night movie now and then. Can't believe I never saw this in the theater!
about 12 hours ago
- JP REWIND Flight Delays Mean 12 Hours of Going Nowhere but Home http://t.co/n5LdRaPVGX #travel
about 14 hours ago
- #thatmomentwhen a friend sees a #cotton boll, thinks of you, posts a shoutout & makes you #smile https://t.co/NdOPZFhfL2
about 17 hours ago
- Love seeing this car in my neighborhood! https://t.co/vGhkxIS882
about 1 day ago