I have to admit that writing all of these A to Z posts is really making me think a lot about the city I now call home. And while several of the topics here are related to a specific bit of history or a specific place, but for me that’s helping me patch together this […]
Tag Archives | Mississippi River
This morning I was still waking up when I read a great blog post by my friend Colleen Newvine Tebeau (she was the one who encouraged my purchase of JZ, the deck rooster). She’s one of the friends in the New York area who were on my mind as I watched Hurricane Sandy. The crisis unfolded […]
For those of us who know and love the land and people of South Louisiana and Southern Mississippi, it has been hard watching what Hurricane Isaac is doing to the farms there from afar. At the same time, the ability to stay up-to-date with what’s really happening through social media rather than simply hearing from […]
Today, I got home from the airport and should have been busily working on so many things. As I turned on the TV, I thought I would find something that could play in the background. Instead, I found something that left me spellbound. It’s a TV show that talks to various farmers about the 2011 […]
As I was running around town the other day, I realized that some of you may be interested to know how the riverfront looks. My impression is that the flooded areas have recovered incredibly fast, however there are still problems that need to be addressed. One that grabbed my eye from a distance was a […]
As more folks learned more about the flooding in the Mississippi River basin, Some cities & towns are breathing sighs of relief that this flood that is close to a century in the making wasn’t worse and others are fighting a long battle. Wednesday as I drove along the river, I took a little time […]
My flight out of DC back to Memphis was loaded. The noon flight had been cancelled and that let a long list of standby passengers congregate hoping for a seat. With that in mind, I was glad to get an operator on the 800 line to find me a window seat so I got out […]
Sunday I got an really unexpected email. It was short and simple. The message was sent to the email address I use with my blog: I’m a journalist with the BBC World Service in London. We are interested in talking to some Memphis residents about the flooding. Could I possibly give you a call ? […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- How Lee Jeans Won My Heart & Hips August 19, 2015
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip August 17, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Wizzing Off to Milan | Budget Nomad: […] Remembering a Visit to Milan’s Duo...
- How Lee Jeans Won My Heart & Hips - a colorful adventure: […] few years ago though Lee Jeans got my at...
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip - a colorful adventure: […] Make sure the car is up for it — e...
- Tips for Planning a Big Roadtrip - a colorful adventure: […] the last few years, I’ve found it ...
- Tornadoes... Are They Bad or are People Paranoid?: […] a move to Oklahoma from a part of the US...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- JP REWIND The Uniqueness of the Mississippi Delta http://t.co/dnXOwWVTMa #personalinsight #travel
about 7 hours ago
- Congrats to @beblogalicious @wellsfargoworks Perfect Pitch III Finalists! @TheShoe_B @mixedupclothing @HerAgenda looking forward to #BYOE15!
about 8 hours ago
- Today is #901 day. Gotta rep my hometown of #Memphis. #gotigersgo http://t.co/ChjR1BrdS1 http://t.co/YgFTQuFAje
about 10 hours ago
- Elaine is happily headed to a lesbian wedding. "I'm not a lesbian, I hate men but I'm not a lesbian." LOL
about 23 hours ago
- Watching Seinfeld & cracking up at the episode where everyone is on the subway....
about 23 hours ago