I love small towns and the parades they have. I’ve seen cars, trucks and tractors pulling floats for homecoming, celebrating the nation’s birthday or honoring our veterans. I think there is something unique about how some small towns celebrate holidays and Christmas is certainly one that you can find some in small towns going all […]
Tag Archives | Mississippi
With a bit of time off for the holidays, I decided to take a quick trip down into the Delta. I’ve talked about some of the things that come to mind with “The Delta” before, but it is so hard to capture in words. That’s certainly the feeling I got on Monday as I drove […]
Today’s blog post is an easy one for me because Oregon nut and grass farmer Brenda Kirsh was nice enough to get me underway. Wednesday morning, Brenda posted this comment to my post on irrigation: J…for juggling? Farmers many times beyond having their job of growing food and fiber, also volunteer as firefighters/EMTs, school board […]
The other day as I finally met Miss Dazey in real life, we got to telling stories. Her husband Mr. Bruce used to be in the trucking business and he prompted me to remember something. I hadn’t thought of this in a while, and we had some laughs as I told it so I hope […]
My friend Jodi Oleen (Twitter @jodioleen) recently had an update that pointed out October was National Pork Month. Hmmm…. that sounds like every month for me but I’m guessing they have to put a date on it just to have a point of celebration. I mean otherwise, it would be like having your birthday everyday. […]
For those of us who know and love the land and people of South Louisiana and Southern Mississippi, it has been hard watching what Hurricane Isaac is doing to the farms there from afar. At the same time, the ability to stay up-to-date with what’s really happening through social media rather than simply hearing from […]
It is really hard for those of us from farming communities in the Mid-South to talk about what’s happening this week as the nation watches Hurricane Isaac set its course on a path that takes aim on New Orleans. There are a couple of big reasons you won’t hear much from farmers publicly tonight. The […]
This week, I had a couple of reasons to dig through some of the photos from various trips I’ve taken and I absolutely love looking at them. And some friends seem to enjoy seeing them and hearing a little bit about some of the places I’ve been to. So today I’m floating an idea with […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video) June 28, 2015
- It’s Time for an Ice Cream Cone! And Show from Turkey (Video) June 27, 2015
- Is it safe to travel in Turkey, esp, as a woman traveling alone? June 25, 2015
- Racism, History, My Family and Looking Deeper June 24, 2015
- Finding Peace & Quiet in Cappadocia’s Red Valley (Video) June 21, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video): […] of my daydreams about going to Cappadoci...
- It's Time for an Ice Cream Cone Show from Turkey (Video): […] to get some sun. Add to that it is Natio...
- Janice Person: Cool! Thanks for adding a team I hadn't thought o...
- Ibrahim Khan: Hi Ms.Person, I must say I am very surprised at h...
- grtgrace: Shockers of Wichita State...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Love that @alarmclockwars is on sweet corn watch! http://t.co/uZ9o8H2xnm #makinmehungry #ilovemyjob
about 9 hours ago
- JP REWIND 250 Birthday Cakes Celebrating St. Louis' 250th Birthday VIDEO http://t.co/drJ7bqfLNC #photo #travel
about 21 hours ago
- This is interesting on #asthma as someone who is suffering allergy-related asthma as I type https://t.co/jt7zUL8eD8
about 1 day ago
- I am reminded how some people troll by saying mean things & hoping all energy will be diverted to responding. #nothappening
about 1 day ago