I love baseball. Its always been a sport I enjoyed. Spending an afternoon or evening at the ballpark is perfect. What makes it a tiny bit better? Meeting a bunch of bloggers and farmers at a ballpark! That’s exactly what happened last month when I got to go to a bloggers event sponsored by Missouri […]
Tag Archives | Missouri
My friend Jodi Oleen (Twitter @jodioleen) recently had an update that pointed out October was National Pork Month. Hmmm…. that sounds like every month for me but I’m guessing they have to put a date on it just to have a point of celebration. I mean otherwise, it would be like having your birthday everyday. […]
A few weeks ago, I stopped by a farm in southeastern Missouri (the Missouri Bootheel) to meet someone I had only talked to online and in the process got to see a crop I had no idea was grown nearby. And I have to admit, its a crop I hadn’t even thought about being grown […]
The cotton crop is nearing harvest and as you can see this field is no longer putting on flowers, the leaves are turning brown and maroon and beginning to drop and more bolls are opening. The field is in Hayti, Missouri. Unlike the video I shared recently that showed blooms at the top of the […]
a slide show of more of the photos from my day at the Kansas City historic City Market
I have to admit…. I hadn’t really given thought to U.S. Presidents that called Missouri home til I stumbled into history recently. I went to Kansas City, Missouri for a weekend to see long-time friends I had been hoping to visit since moving to their home state. On the drive southeast of Kansas City, I […]
While I have a very deep love of cotton, so deep it guides my Twitter handle and a couple of series of posts here on the blog (cotton 101 and the fabric of our lives), wheat holds a special place in my head & heart too. I had a great time recently stumbling into some wheat fields. […]
This weekend I drove down to Memphis and have to admit, I really enjoyed the fact I wasn’t on a tight deadline! I did well getting on the road early and made great time, well, that is until I reached the part of Missouri that is part of the Cotton Belt. Yes, I moved a […]
- Learning About Bees & Conquering Fear (Video) June 19, 2017
- How is Hurricane Harvey Impacting Texas Cotton Farmers? August 27, 2017
- Sometimes Father’s Day Means Memories Instead of Presents June 17, 2017
- Be That Aunt or Uncle…. Not Just to Your Siblings’ Kids July 26, 2017
- Tips for Surviving the Extreme Heat & Humidity July 20, 2017
- Human Foosball Makes for an Awesome Family Game Night December 9, 2017
- Holiday Gifts Straight from the Farm! November 14, 2017
- Join Me in Showing a Love of Cotton with an Online Shop September 24, 2017
- It’s Been a Long Time Coming — JPlovesCOTTON Has a Logo! September 23, 2017
- An Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe for Instant Pot September 16, 2017
- Anjanette Shadley: Hilarious!!!...
- Janice Person: Sorry, Not sure what you mean. The last post where...
- sterrywoods: Last post was 11 months ago?...
- Podcast 001 - Janice Person on GMO Conversations – Beef Runner: […] her as @JPlovescotton on Twitter, Instag...
- Holiday Gifts Straight from the Farm! | JP loves COTTON & more: […] will definitely be a guide that has uniq...
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!