Now and then amongst the unwanted, poorly pitched info graphics that don’t suit this blog’s content, the contact page results in real conversation with someone. This week, one of those strikes me as something I may want to share here. Hope you find it of interest. I had a bit of back and forth with […]
Tag Archives | Oklahoma
This spring has been a hard one for those of us who live in the middle of the country. We have had flooding rains that don’t seem to stop, late freezes and the tornado season, while it started late has been especially harsh. With the tornado that ripped through Moore, Oklahoma recently it seemed more […]
It wasn’t too long ago that I was talking with someone and they started describing something they saw and didn’t know the right words to use. They wanted me to understand, but it was sort of like they were speaking a different language. They were talking about a town I hadn’t been too but they […]
This fall, while in Kansas for the State of Now, I took the backroads from Hutchison toward the part of northwestern Oklahoma I called home for four years while I was in college. When I was driving through an “s” curve, I saw this sign and had to stop — yes, the cotton logo had […]
This weekend, I took a little time to catch up with friends while I was on the Plains. So I drove from Hutchinson, Kansas southward through the middle of nowhere of my college years. I have lots to share from this trip, but I want to focus on where I arrived for this post. I […]
Recently I had a chance to go back to Oklahoma and visit some college friends. We were just wanting to hang out, catch up on what’s been happening and, I must confess, eat well. We certainly did that! Visiting with my girlfriend Shawna, it seems that you can go far and wide to get really […]
Tonight I was asked to answer a question about cotton on Quora and I decided to go ahead and post my reply here on the blog too since I had already taken the time to write it all up. 🙂 The question was “How is cotton picked nowadays?” The answer I gave them follows with a few […]
This started to be wordless…. I was real happy with the photos…. but then, I couldn’t stop typing after I did my intro so its longer now. I’ll make it a Wordy Wednesday. 🙂 I don’t know how things happen to be so timely, but Friday as I drove south from St. Louis to Memphis, […]
- I am LOVING the Olympics…. Who’s with me? August 11, 2016
- Quick & Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe (How-To Video) June 19, 2016
- My Mom’s Career Taught Us Lots of Life Lessons June 26, 2016
- In Search of the Perfect Tomato July 5, 2016
- Top 5 Memphis Foods to Eat for 901 Day & Any Other Day! September 1, 2016
- Things to Consider if You Are Buying a New Travel Backpack November 30, 2016
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) November 27, 2016
- That Time I Was in a Chinese GMO Documentary Video November 11, 2016
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- A Small Contribution to Feeding the World this Week October 16, 2016
- Janice Person: Very cool! You may want to make sure you have some...
- Judy: Hey JP, Wish I had found your blog sooner and do...
- : Thanks so much for all you do. We have a group sta...
- How I Ended Up in Budapest for My Birthday (Video) | a colorful adventure: […] and frequently find myself embarking on ...
- sandra cook: i love it !..hearsd about you a while back,but slo...