?Now and then amongst the unwanted, poorly pitched info graphics that don’t suit this blog’s content, the contact page results in real conversation with someone. This week, one of those strikes me as something I may want to share here. Hope you find it of interest. I had a bit of back and forth with […]
Tag Archives | Oklahoma
This spring has been a hard one for those of us who live in the middle of the country. We have had flooding rains that don’t seem to stop, late freezes and the tornado season, while it started late has been especially harsh. With the tornado that ripped through Moore, Oklahoma recently it seemed more […]
It wasn’t too long ago that I was talking with someone and they started describing something they saw and didn’t know the right words to use. They wanted me to understand, but it was sort of like they were speaking a different language. They were talking about a town I hadn’t been too but they […]
This fall, while in Kansas for the State of Now, I took the backroads from Hutchison toward the part of northwestern Oklahoma I called home for four years while I was in college. When I was driving through an “s” curve, I saw this sign and had to stop — yes, the cotton logo had […]
This weekend, I took a little time to catch up with friends while I was on the Plains. So I drove from Hutchinson, Kansas southward through the middle of nowhere of my college years. I have lots to share from this trip, but I want to focus on where I arrived for this post. I […]
Recently I had a chance to go back to Oklahoma and visit some college friends. We were just wanting to hang out, catch up on what’s been happening and, I must confess, eat well. We certainly did that! Visiting with my girlfriend Shawna, it seems that you can go far and wide to get really […]
Tonight I was asked to answer a question about cotton on Quora and I decided to go ahead and post my reply here on the blog too since I had already taken the time to write it all up. The question was “How is cotton picked nowadays?” The answer I gave them follows with a few […]
This started to be wordless…. I was real happy with the photos…. but then, I couldn’t stop typing after I did my intro so its longer now. I’ll make it a Wordy Wednesday. I don’t know how things happen to be so timely, but Friday as I drove south from St. Louis to Memphis, I […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- You Can Learn A Lot from a Hot Air Balloon Ride (Video) July 27, 2015
- How has cotton been genetically modified? July 14, 2015
- Celebrating a Turkish Wedding (VIDEO) July 12, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- Scared of Heights Taking Hot Air Balloon Flights (Video) June 28, 2015
- Claire.Bartram: Hello Janice, just got a moment in between packing...
- email@example.com: you are amazing i too love agriculture...
- Claire Bartram: Will do, but am away for a couple of weeks, so wil...
- Janice Person: awesome! I'd love to see photos. Email me one to ...
- Claire Bartram: Hello, I live in the UK and have had a go at plant...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Kind of surprised by how cool it is with the top down tonight! Happily surprised!
about 6 hours ago
- This kid tho https://t.co/Sc2OsQvLk4
about 9 hours ago
- All the dancing means a girl needs some water! Stay hydrated! #summer #water #kids https://t.co/V0Bmo0r4aE
about 9 hours ago
- Yes, she is in a dancing mood https://t.co/M7Nap1oH1s
about 9 hours ago
- Meeting friends for dinner & got here early enough for a glass of wine cause traffic was nonexistent!… https://t.co/NqOdPxiMR4
about 10 hours ago