This spring has been a hard one for those of us who live in the middle of the country. We have had flooding rains that don’t seem to stop, late freezes and the tornado season, while it started late has been especially harsh. With the tornado that ripped through Moore, Oklahoma recently it seemed more […]
Tag Archives | Oklahoma
It wasn’t too long ago that I was talking with someone and they started describing something they saw and didn’t know the right words to use. They wanted me to understand, but it was sort of like they were speaking a different language. They were talking about a town I hadn’t been too but they […]
This fall, while in Kansas for the State of Now, I took the backroads from Hutchison toward the part of northwestern Oklahoma I called home for four years while I was in college. When I was driving through an “s” curve, I saw this sign and had to stop — yes, the cotton logo had […]
This weekend, I took a little time to catch up with friends while I was on the Plains. So I drove from Hutchinson, Kansas southward through the middle of nowhere of my college years. I have lots to share from this trip, but I want to focus on where I arrived for this post. I […]
Recently I had a chance to go back to Oklahoma and visit some college friends. We were just wanting to hang out, catch up on what’s been happening and, I must confess, eat well. We certainly did that! Visiting with my girlfriend Shawna, it seems that you can go far and wide to get really […]
Tonight I was asked to answer a question about cotton on Quora and I decided to go ahead and post my reply here on the blog too since I had already taken the time to write it all up. The question was “How is cotton picked nowadays?” The answer I gave them follows with a few […]
This started to be wordless…. I was real happy with the photos…. but then, I couldn’t stop typing after I did my intro so its longer now. I’ll make it a Wordy Wednesday. I don’t know how things happen to be so timely, but Friday as I drove south from St. Louis to Memphis, I […]
I briefly mentioned the other day that the #140conf small town lit a fire in my new friend Kasse Duffy (@MissDuffys) and she started a blog called Rural Women Rock. This is my guest post for “open mic.” It will be published Monday, October 24. Please take time to visit the site and read through some […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- I am Janice Person and I am St. Louis #WeAreSTL Video November 26, 2014
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto May 22, 2015
- Why The Loss of BB King Feels So Personal May 15, 2015
- Soaking Up the Sun and Tulips May 13, 2015
- The Perfect Mother’s Day Gift for Both Her & Me! May 9, 2015
- Caring & Understanding on Two Z Dairy Farms (Farms A to Z) April 30, 2015
- Alicia Schmitt: Oh this makes me excited! I'm going to have to ch...
- Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids: I have heard of Quora but have never really checke...
- Fave Social Media & Questions About Work at Monsanto: […] of times on my personal blog if you are ...
- Harold: It's salt to purify the dohyo. Dates back to Shin...
- UrbLife: This is so awesome that you spotlight farmers, par...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Love this photo of my granddad who left us long ago. Dang he looked good in uniform! http://t.co/ZuvxyFa0ZH #MemorialDay
about 18 mins ago
- Love watching some #BandOfBrothers on #MemorialDay. Seeing Easy Company come upon a concentration camp... Can't imagine the impact on folks
about 45 mins ago
- Finally catching the HBO documentary Southern Rites. Such complicated stories & emotions
about 7 hours ago
- JP REWIND Flat Stanley's Jake Visits Memphis, Professes Love of Cows & Pigs http://t.co/T0UfS2XHGA #children #personalinsight
about 10 hours ago
- Nice catching up with all of my #blogchat peeps. Am sure a few folks in my timeline have muted me for a while at least!
about 21 hours ago