Now and then amongst the unwanted, poorly pitched info graphics that don’t suit this blog’s content, the contact page results in real conversation with someone. This week, one of those strikes me as something I may want to share here. Hope you find it of interest. I had a bit of back and forth with […]
Tag Archives | Oklahoma
This spring has been a hard one for those of us who live in the middle of the country. We have had flooding rains that don’t seem to stop, late freezes and the tornado season, while it started late has been especially harsh. With the tornado that ripped through Moore, Oklahoma recently it seemed more […]
It wasn’t too long ago that I was talking with someone and they started describing something they saw and didn’t know the right words to use. They wanted me to understand, but it was sort of like they were speaking a different language. They were talking about a town I hadn’t been too but they […]
This fall, while in Kansas for the State of Now, I took the backroads from Hutchison toward the part of northwestern Oklahoma I called home for four years while I was in college. When I was driving through an “s” curve, I saw this sign and had to stop — yes, the cotton logo had […]
This weekend, I took a little time to catch up with friends while I was on the Plains. So I drove from Hutchinson, Kansas southward through the middle of nowhere of my college years. I have lots to share from this trip, but I want to focus on where I arrived for this post. I […]
Recently I had a chance to go back to Oklahoma and visit some college friends. We were just wanting to hang out, catch up on what’s been happening and, I must confess, eat well. We certainly did that! Visiting with my girlfriend Shawna, it seems that you can go far and wide to get really […]
Tonight I was asked to answer a question about cotton on Quora and I decided to go ahead and post my reply here on the blog too since I had already taken the time to write it all up. The question was “How is cotton picked nowadays?” The answer I gave them follows with a few […]
This started to be wordless…. I was real happy with the photos…. but then, I couldn’t stop typing after I did my intro so its longer now. I’ll make it a Wordy Wednesday. I don’t know how things happen to be so timely, but Friday as I drove south from St. Louis to Memphis, I […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- Looking for Builders instead of Demolition Teams September 30, 2015
- Adding My Voice to the Discussion on Religion & Immigration December 8, 2015
- Welcoming the Year of the Monkey / Chinese New Year 2016 February 8, 2016
- A World of Change in Seven Years of Tweeting February 2, 2016
- Remembering My Most Terrifying Travel Experience February 1, 2016
- Cotton Bolls — What makes this one so small? January 27, 2016
- …But I Remember Putting It In a Safe Place January 25, 2016
- Martiniano Chapa: Thanks for all those pictures about cotton, it tak...
- Brian: Love the cotton pics, Janice. Always fun to see cr...
- Janice Person: Testing....
- A Tale of Two Cotton Bolls -- What makes them look that way? : […] smaller than the bolls I see in cotton f...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] Flights get cancelled quickly. Highways ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Lovin' the bonus love from the @marriotthotels this afternoon! Tina & Tahneshia Rock! Thanks Allie:)
- Love when I find myself in a crowd of High Plains #cotton farmers #happyplace
- Happy soybeans in a growth chamber that simulates the Brazilian environment #imisssummer
- #Didyouknow that each brown silk on an ear of corn indicates that silk was pollinated & signals it is trying to grow a kernel of corn #farm #agriculture #speakag #food #sweetcorn #makinmehungry
- Insects like this soybean looper can wreak havoc on a #farm! #averyhungrycatepillar
- One of my fave dishes #Pork at @pastariastl :) #stl #stleats #stlfood
- Celebrating this guy turning 40! #oldfriends #birthday
- This day didn't go as planned but a bit of time in #Memphis with a stop at this place..... Who am I to complain?
- Wrote up a post about the #yearofthemonkey events in #stl #Ontheblog #linkinbio
- Ready for #memphis #bbq at @centralbbq with my peeps as we watch the Panthers in #superbowl50 #itsagoodday
- It's a day to #gored for heart health. Special shoutout to my girl @swaraimedia for all she's done for her personal heart health this year!
- Lovin' the cocktails at Lulu as I hear more about #lunarnewyearstl #yearofthemonkeystl #hosted
- Lovin' the bonus love from the @marriotthotels this afternoon! Tina & Tahneshia Rock! Than… https://t.co/XX3WqTspdc https://t.co/EDTZ1UWYLN
about 16 hours ago
- Love when I find myself in a crowd of High Plains #cotton farmers #happyplace https://t.co/ivIELe4SJn https://t.co/iLXtTrTa20
about 22 hours ago
- Happy soybeans in a growth chamber that simulates the Brazilian environment #imisssummer https://t.co/bA9DiqVV81 https://t.co/Lqv4nLP9Sb
about 22 hours ago
- #Didyouknow that each brown silk on an ear of corn indicates that silk was pollinated & si… https://t.co/H6zlYuu3D0 https://t.co/kGt6wgAgA5
about 22 hours ago
- Insects like this soybean looper can wreak havoc on a #farm! #averyhungrycatepillar https://t.co/jLIGbjFaSG https://t.co/MrdjXo0udA
about 22 hours ago