Now and then amongst the unwanted, poorly pitched info graphics that don’t suit this blog’s content, the contact page results in real conversation with someone. This week, one of those strikes me as something I may want to share here. Hope you find it of interest. I had a bit of back and forth with […]
Tag Archives | Oklahoma
This spring has been a hard one for those of us who live in the middle of the country. We have had flooding rains that don’t seem to stop, late freezes and the tornado season, while it started late has been especially harsh. With the tornado that ripped through Moore, Oklahoma recently it seemed more […]
It wasn’t too long ago that I was talking with someone and they started describing something they saw and didn’t know the right words to use. They wanted me to understand, but it was sort of like they were speaking a different language. They were talking about a town I hadn’t been too but they […]
This fall, while in Kansas for the State of Now, I took the backroads from Hutchison toward the part of northwestern Oklahoma I called home for four years while I was in college. When I was driving through an “s” curve, I saw this sign and had to stop — yes, the cotton logo had […]
This weekend, I took a little time to catch up with friends while I was on the Plains. So I drove from Hutchinson, Kansas southward through the middle of nowhere of my college years. I have lots to share from this trip, but I want to focus on where I arrived for this post. I […]
Recently I had a chance to go back to Oklahoma and visit some college friends. We were just wanting to hang out, catch up on what’s been happening and, I must confess, eat well. We certainly did that! Visiting with my girlfriend Shawna, it seems that you can go far and wide to get really […]
Tonight I was asked to answer a question about cotton on Quora and I decided to go ahead and post my reply here on the blog too since I had already taken the time to write it all up. The question was “How is cotton picked nowadays?” The answer I gave them follows with a few […]
This started to be wordless…. I was real happy with the photos…. but then, I couldn’t stop typing after I did my intro so its longer now. I’ll make it a Wordy Wednesday. I don’t know how things happen to be so timely, but Friday as I drove south from St. Louis to Memphis, I […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Bad things happen in threes? What happens in fives? VIDEO July 7, 2015
- The Cubicle Chick and Me Talk OJ Simpson (VIDEO) June 11, 2015
- A Q&A About Hot Air Balloon Rides August 3, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- My 50th Birthday was So Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO November 24, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- When Seeing All 50 States Sounded Out of Reach November 22, 2015
- A Heart-Stopping Midnight Visit to Denny’s November 21, 2015
- How did you work before e-mail? The Pre-Internet Office November 20, 2015
- Janice Person: Thanks Kim. I have to say the full video has a lot...
- Janice Person: Thanks! Appreciate your stopping by!...
- Janice Person: Thanks! It was a great one!...
- kimrlang: Awesome video and pictures! Early in my radio care...
- My 50th Birthday was Certainly Memorable! Helicopter VIDEO: […] you may have seen yesterday, I traveled ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Still working on the tower for the bell! https://t.co/LQZJaakpzE https://t.co/2SOk3ug2Ts
about 2 hours ago
- Hanging with the boy .... Love the boy #family #thanksgiving https://t.co/ZD1t3IfB7v https://t.co/gnv76KID1a
about 17 hours ago
- JP REWIND First-Hand Report from Volgograd, Russia https://t.co/ITZjBzG3y3 #guestperspective #travel
about 1 day ago
- We played human food ball tonight! It is hysterical! #family #thanksgiving https://t.co/KnRpDHh2UM https://t.co/xVTE6fOLax
about 2 days ago
- Hanging out with @andrewholmes.official https://t.co/LTYLF2Qrtv https://t.co/5ljtq43kg5
about 2 days ago