This spring has been a hard one for those of us who live in the middle of the country. We have had flooding rains that don’t seem to stop, late freezes and the tornado season, while it started late has been especially harsh. With the tornado that ripped through Moore, Oklahoma recently it seemed more […]
Tag Archives | Oklahoma
It wasn’t too long ago that I was talking with someone and they started describing something they saw and didn’t know the right words to use. They wanted me to understand, but it was sort of like they were speaking a different language. They were talking about a town I hadn’t been too but they […]
This fall, while in Kansas for the State of Now, I took the backroads from Hutchison toward the part of northwestern Oklahoma I called home for four years while I was in college. When I was driving through an “s” curve, I saw this sign and had to stop — yes, the cotton logo had […]
This weekend, I took a little time to catch up with friends while I was on the Plains. So I drove from Hutchinson, Kansas southward through the middle of nowhere of my college years. I have lots to share from this trip, but I want to focus on where I arrived for this post. I […]
Recently I had a chance to go back to Oklahoma and visit some college friends. We were just wanting to hang out, catch up on what’s been happening and, I must confess, eat well. We certainly did that! Visiting with my girlfriend Shawna, it seems that you can go far and wide to get really […]
Tonight I was asked to answer a question about cotton on Quora and I decided to go ahead and post my reply here on the blog too since I had already taken the time to write it all up. The question was “How is cotton picked nowadays?” The answer I gave them follows with a few […]
This started to be wordless…. I was real happy with the photos…. but then, I couldn’t stop typing after I did my intro so its longer now. I’ll make it a Wordy Wednesday. I don’t know how things happen to be so timely, but Friday as I drove south from St. Louis to Memphis, I […]
I briefly mentioned the other day that the #140conf small town lit a fire in my new friend Kasse Duffy (@MissDuffys) and she started a blog called Rural Women Rock. This is my guest post for “open mic.” It will be published Monday, October 24. Please take time to visit the site and read through some […]
- First-Time to Speak at SXSW and Haters Get My Mic Time March 19, 2015
- Meeting A Kansas Farm Mom & An Accidental Farm Wife (Farm A to Z) March 31, 2015
- Get to Know About Burgess Hill, the Boersmas & Bowers Farms (Farm A to Z) April 2, 2015
- Top 6 Tips for Flying on Snow Days February 15, 2015
- Challenging Myself Again! Farms, Farmers & Farm Blogs From A to Z March 31, 2015
- Oh, Oh, Oh…. Farms that Start with the Letter O (Farm A to Z) April 17, 2015
- NC Meat Mom Delivers Grass-Fed Beef April 16, 2015
- Mmmmmm Good Farm Blogs in Michigan & Minnesota April 15, 2015
- Love the Family Connections Shown in these L Farms (Farm A to Z) April 14, 2015
- Growing Cotton in Texas & Producing Beef in Montana (Farm A to Z) April 13, 2015
- Oh, Oh, Oh.... Farms that Start with O, Farm A to Z: […] Active Farm Blogs […]...
- Amy Sipes: That Amy is a good egg. I think it has something t...
- Janice Person: You are welcome! Thanks for making it so easy! ...
- Ashley K: Thank you so much for featuring me today along sid...
- Mmmmmm Good Farm Blogs in Michigan & Minnesota: […] Messy Kennedy is the name of the farm bl...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter