As you know, I have been doing the 365 project. And although I stopped posting the photos here without any fanfare, I have done really well capturing every day this year but one with a photo that is representative of the day (the one day I missed featured a whoops). Here’s a collection of thumbnails [...]
Tag Archives | photo
Last week’s 365 project post included a photo that drew a decent amount of attention. I thought because I had edited the photo a good amount, it may be good for me to share the original and the edited version as my mostly wordless Wednesday Here’s the view I saw. It was close to noon. [...]
A couple of years ago, friends and I toured Italy together. Our trip ended in Milan and I was reminded of the spectacular duomo (cathedral) there yesterday. I thought the view of it, especially some of the ones taken on the roof may leave you wordless.
Although most people think of cotton in it’s final mature state, it’s important to remember that cotton has to grow from seed throughout the season to get to that point. And it’s amazing how often I’ve had folks ask me about something they’ve seen in a field as they were driving by, like this recent [...]
Over the 2010 Thanksgiving holidays, Jodi Termine got a chance to take a break from Kansas and get closer to home. Along the way, Jody (aka jtgirl on Twitter) was heading south on highway 39 in Georgia. As she neared Lucille, she snapped a photo and sent it my way. Thanks Jody!
Beginning of the series on cotton to talk about the parts of the plant, how it’s used, etc. Some of the things that make it so freakin awesome.
- G is for GMOs — What are GMOs & Why Do Farmers Plant GMO Crops? April 8, 2013
- A is for Agriculture — an A to Z Series about Agriculture April 1, 2013
- Cotton Gin in Kansas Made Me Pump My Brakes February 19, 2013
- E is for Elevator — an A to Z Series about Agriculture April 5, 2013
- Stereotype Busters And A Need to Vent March 1, 2013
- Hearing “I Would Never Live in Tornado Alley” & Wondering June 10, 2013
- What’s your favorite cheese? & Some of My Cheese-Related Travel June 8, 2013
- A New Image to go with the History of Japanese Internment June 3, 2013
- Trying Out CrossFit For a Change of Pace With Fitness June 1, 2013
- Observing Memorial Day at Memphis National Cemetery May 27, 2013
- Pam Gray: Hi Janice, I was just thinking of you and though...
- Mike: Janice- great post. I am going to be near Anderso...
- awastell: Chris, this is such a great reply to Kylee's ques...
- Janice Person: Seriously... you and I are so on the same page her...
- Ellen: People think Chicago weather is crazy. Especially ...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!