I drove back from Memphis the other day and had to stop at a berry farm…. was so excited that blackberries are coming in. I bought a bunch of them…. a couple of quarts thinking it was high time for blackberry cobbler and it really was! I had to get my grandmom’s blackberry cobbler recipe […]
Tag Archives | recipe
I don’t do recipes on the blog much — there have been very few here! But today, with the weather, I decided to go for it even though I just published another post about Winter Storm Ion around lunch time. Why the change of heart? I trace it back to red beans and rice! I […]
I love Mediterranean and Indian foods and have eaten lord knows how many chickpeas or garbanzo beans in my adulthood! So when I came across a farmer on Twitter — Gayle Anderson, also known as @IdahoGayle — who grows the precious bean, I had lots of tweets of thanks. Whether it was hummus, falafels, or an Indian […]
This week I came across a yummy looking recipe that uses kiwi — its Shrimp with Kiwi Lime Relish from A Mom Knows Best. Laura points out before starting the recipe that “It’s Fall and germs are lurking around us in abundance. You’ve heard of vitamin C as an immunity booster, and many experts say the […]
One of the best parts of travel is getting to taste local specialties. That was certainly what I had in mind recently when I found myself hungry for breakfast in Michigan and looking at these! But I had to pause and ask the cashier what she thought of the cherry muffins. She immediately said “They […]
- Capturing the Light of Cotton Fields at Sunset — Photo Post October 23, 2016
- Top 5 Memphis Foods to Eat for 901 Day & Any Other Day! September 1, 2016
- Whether it is 901 Rocks or #901Rocks, it is Lots of Fun September 10, 2016
- The First Bad Winter Weather Took Me Sideways A Bit December 17, 2016
- The Texas Dryland Cotton Crop Looks Good This Year VIDEO October 5, 2016
- If asked, what does cotton feel like? How would you answer? February 18, 2017
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today January 21, 2017
- That Time I Attended the Presidential Inauguration January 19, 2017
- What do farmers do in the winter? January 4, 2017
- My New, New Year’s Tradition — Creating a Memory Jar December 31, 2016
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] think that the decisions we make about h...
- Why I Marched in St. Louis Today | a colorful adventure: […] Through all of that I have been able to ...
- DebbieLB @ KidsCowsandGrass.com: Wow! What a great opportunity! My mom and dad atte...
- That Time I Attended the Presidential Inauguration | a colorful adventure: […] I could swing it all. The prep got real ...
- Why I Grow GE Crops - Food Dialogues: […] the case of glyphosate (Roundup) resista...