I don’t do recipes on the blog much — there have been very few here! But today, with the weather, I decided to go for it even though I just published another post about Winter Storm Ion around lunch time. Why the change of heart? I trace it back to red beans and rice! I […]
Tag Archives | recipe
I love Mediterranean and Indian foods and have eaten lord knows how many chickpeas or garbanzo beans in my adulthood! So when I came across a farmer on Twitter — Gayle Anderson, also known as @IdahoGayle — who grows the precious bean, I had lots of tweets of thanks. Whether it was hummus, falafels, or an Indian […]
This week I came across a yummy looking recipe that uses kiwi — its Shrimp with Kiwi Lime Relish from A Mom Knows Best. Laura points out before starting the recipe that “It’s Fall and germs are lurking around us in abundance. You’ve heard of vitamin C as an immunity booster, and many experts say the […]
One of the best parts of travel is getting to taste local specialties. That was certainly what I had in mind recently when I found myself hungry for breakfast in Michigan and looking at these! But I had to pause and ask the cashier what she thought of the cherry muffins. She immediately said “They […]
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!
- The Face of Liver Transplant is Different Today August 10, 2014
- After the Ferguson, Missouri Riot, I Made My First Trip There August 11, 2014
- I am Janice Person and I am St. Louis #WeAreSTL Video November 26, 2014
- Lessons Learned on My Spirograph December 27, 2014
- Sometimes I Do Something Stupid, Something Real Stupid aka Without My Friends I’d Still Be Stuck! October 21, 2014
- My First Visit to The Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial in DC January 18, 2015
- St. Louis A to Z: Union Station, USS Inaugural and Upper Limits January 17, 2015
- City Girls Getting Up Close to Cotton January 14, 2015
- Which states produce the most cotton? Acres, Pounds & More January 13, 2015
- St. Louis A to Z: Ted Drewes & Toasted Raviolis January 9, 2015
- Martha wiseman: I picked cotton from the field and want to plant t...
- Janice Person: What an incredible compliment! Thanks Leroy! Hope ...
- Leroy: Being an African American male it's not often I g...
- My First Visit to The Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial in DC: […] I had the chance to tour the White House...
- Janice Person: Yes. I was thinking about Ferguson a good bit that...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter