For the past several years, there has been an effort in place to encourage people to give thanks for their food through social media. I’m glad to say I’ve been participating in it annually before I decided to do a broader month of November thankfulness. And I tend to be really thankful for food on a […]
Tag Archives | social media
Most Sundays you can find me taking an hour out of my evening to talk with other bloggers during Twitter’s BlogChat. It is something that seems to elude many people…. why just talk with other bloggers? I have talked about the community several times previously — talking about the awesomeness of Blogchat founder Mack Collier, […]
You may or may not know that I am participating in the AgChat Foundation’s annual conference this week. Last night, agnerds (people who like me love agriculture and have embraced technology) began to descend upon Charlotte. A bunch of us got together at a local sports bar to visit….. I think everyone had a great […]
Some of you may remember me talking about Jay Baer (Twitter’s @JayBaer and blogging at Convince and Convert), before. Jay is a master of social media not only because he puts so much hard work and strategy into what he’s doing, but I personally think a huge amount of his success is attributed to being real. […]
It has been more than a week since I was making a connecting flight in Minneapolis, I caught CNN and heard about Abercrombie & Fitch not making XL clothes for women. Since then I have seen followup stories and lots of social media posts on it. My reaction didn’t seem to be reflected in social […]
I have done a few different blogging and social media challenges in the past couple of years, but have to say the A to Z Challenge may have been the toughest! And even though someone has suggested that I should start again with AA and BB, I’m taking a break from the series — at […]
I have to do it. Sure, there were lots of suggestions for C words that are important parts of agriculture and in fact, Kim Parsell gave me a whole list! KentFarms _LA lobbied for cattle (Angus cattle to be clear) and several people echoed that cows would be a perfect choice and others suggested corn. […]
When I tell people I write a bunch of blog posts about cotton, I frequently get a quizzical look or a blank stare. Then when I explain a bit more, that I have worked with cotton farmers for a long time and I enjoy sharing what I’ve learned. Seems some folks wouldn’t think you could […]
- Celebrating November by Giving 30 Days of Thanks October 31, 2013
- My Biotech Weekend — I Met Julie from Sleuth 4 Health June 27, 2013
- Google Glass On The Farm? Extreme AgNerds Scout Cotton October 29, 2013
- An Example of the Benefit from #BlogChat & Go To List of BlogChatters October 6, 2013
- My Blog Community Totally Rocks! Here’s Who & Why July 23, 2013
- My Visit to an Organic Dairy — Wordless Wednesday December 4, 2013
- Thankful for an INCREDIBLE Thanksgiving Weekend! December 1, 2013
- Thankful for Discoveries & Inventions November 30, 2013
- Thankful for So Many Friends Who Join in My Love of Farming November 28, 2013
- Thankful for People Who Take Action When the Chips are Down November 27, 2013
- Janice Person: Well and next time I hope to have more time, thoug...
- Emily @ Zweber Farms: I am so glad you got to visit Janice! Next time yo...
- Celebrating November by Giving 30 Days of Thanks: […] Day 22: Thankful for Funny Pictures ...
- Celebrating November by Giving 30 Days of Thanks: […] Day 24: I Love Chocolate! Incredibly...
- Celebrating November by Giving 30 Days of Thanks: […] 13: Thankful for Such a Great Family! ...
Past posts on:
Tweeting It Up!
Follow @JPlovesCOTTON on Twitter
Who is JP?
Thanks for stopping by and wondering what I am about. My passions are photography, travel and agriculture -- love spending time taking pictures on a farm far from home. Putting all those things together its understandable that differences in culture are intriguing to me…. I can spend a lot of time soaking up things. Its almost always a colorful adventure!