As I mentioned in a post earlier this week, I recently went on the great American roadtrip! Day 1 was Friday. I got up reasonably early and got the car packed before I went to work for a half day. Packing for the Roadtrip Packing for a roadtrip is tough. Because you are in a car, […]
Tag Archives | St. Louis Missouri
This is a week spent all at home. And you can really see the different kind of stuff I can get myself into! St. Louis will be getting more diverse coverage too since the days are getting longer! A Serious Majorette — 67 / 365 I still remember the first time I drove past this sign […]
I’m pretty pumped I have now completed two months of the 365 photo challenge. For me, the commitment to take a photo everyday that I’m willing to share is really a good exercise in finding ways to make time for something that’s creative. And I find myself thinking about it at various points of the […]
This week’s photos are a strange combination of things. Some were photos taken in the wink of an eye and others involved my taking a much more thorough planning process or multiple shutter snaps before I got exactly what I wanted or involved more processing. In an odd way, they show the diversity of my week. […]
Well, I guess I have gotten pretty busy because not only did I fail to post week five’s photos on the blog, but I didn’t even realize I had missed it for several days! So this post includes the first two weeks of February in one post! There is quite a combination of things going […]
I have had a great fourth week doing my 365 project and it was another week of being home! This week, all the photos were taken in St. Louis so it gives a bit of insight into my new hometown and some of the things I have going on here. And this is so fun that […]
I’ve written about how much I love baseball before. Heck, I found a way to get to go see my beloved Yankees in spring training which lead to a post about how spring training and farming has things in common. I’ve celebrated World Series wins in multiple states. And though I haven’t made it to […]
This week shows a wild shift from last weekends weather where I drove around St. Louis in awe of record-setting 67 degree weather, to having ice on the windows and record cold temperatures. It was a week where I stayed in the general area too, taking a short trip to Columbia to visit dear friends […]
- 25 Years of Love, A Month of Marriage, My View of Gay Marriage September 26, 2015
- Remembering 1970s Halloween Celebrations November 1, 2015
- Visiting All 50 States by the Time I am 50! DONE! November 23, 2015
- Looking for Builders instead of Demolition Teams September 30, 2015
- Adding My Voice to the Discussion on Religion & Immigration December 8, 2015
- Welcoming the Year of the Monkey / Chinese New Year 2016 February 8, 2016
- A World of Change in Seven Years of Tweeting February 2, 2016
- Remembering My Most Terrifying Travel Experience February 1, 2016
- Cotton Bolls — What makes this one so small? January 27, 2016
- …But I Remember Putting It In a Safe Place January 25, 2016
- Martiniano Chapa: Thanks for all those pictures about cotton, it tak...
- Brian: Love the cotton pics, Janice. Always fun to see cr...
- Janice Person: Testing....
- A Tale of Two Cotton Bolls -- What makes them look that way? : […] smaller than the bolls I see in cotton f...
- Tips for Dealing with a Major Snowstorm - a colorful adventure: […] Flights get cancelled quickly. Highways ...
Past posts on:
JPlovesCOTTON on Instagram
- Love when I find myself in a crowd of High Plains #cotton farmers #happyplace
- Happy soybeans in a growth chamber that simulates the Brazilian environment #imisssummer
- #Didyouknow that each brown silk on an ear of corn indicates that silk was pollinated & signals it is trying to grow a kernel of corn #farm #agriculture #speakag #food #sweetcorn #makinmehungry
- Insects like this soybean looper can wreak havoc on a #farm! #averyhungrycatepillar
- One of my fave dishes #Pork at @pastariastl :) #stl #stleats #stlfood
- Celebrating this guy turning 40! #oldfriends #birthday
- This day didn't go as planned but a bit of time in #Memphis with a stop at this place..... Who am I to complain?
- Wrote up a post about the #yearofthemonkey events in #stl #Ontheblog #linkinbio
- Ready for #memphis #bbq at @centralbbq with my peeps as we watch the Panthers in #superbowl50 #itsagoodday
- It's a day to #gored for heart health. Special shoutout to my girl @swaraimedia for all she's done for her personal heart health this year!
- Lovin' the cocktails at Lulu as I hear more about #lunarnewyearstl #yearofthemonkeystl #hosted
- Checking out the lychee martini #chinesenewyear
- Love when I find myself in a crowd of High Plains #cotton farmers #happyplace https://t.co/ivIELe4SJn https://t.co/iLXtTrTa20
about 3 hours ago
- Happy soybeans in a growth chamber that simulates the Brazilian environment #imisssummer https://t.co/bA9DiqVV81 https://t.co/Lqv4nLP9Sb
about 3 hours ago
- #Didyouknow that each brown silk on an ear of corn indicates that silk was pollinated & si… https://t.co/H6zlYuu3D0 https://t.co/kGt6wgAgA5
about 3 hours ago
- Insects like this soybean looper can wreak havoc on a #farm! #averyhungrycatepillar https://t.co/jLIGbjFaSG https://t.co/MrdjXo0udA
about 3 hours ago
- Great comments from @ChrisStapleton about returning to roots & why that's a goofy convo. Holds for more than music https://t.co/bE1T2rLsoC
about 8 hours ago